Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

All fair and reasonable except Emery said as much himself we would need to sell this summer. 

He said we need to be smart. To me that's just saying we need to wheel and deal a bit to get the team we want. That includes selling players we don't need, and getting bargains so we can spend big when we have to.
I don't think it means having to sell players against our will. I don't rule out a player leaving that we'd rather keep, but there'll be some cold reasoning behind this and a contingency to improve us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, burchy said:

We should be all over this.

That would be the perfect replacement for duran if he was sold

Im a big pav fan. Thats a absolute bargain

56 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not quite the answers to my questions, yet you bring an up interesting point. 
All the prices quoted for any of our players is always speculation. much like any player we are linked to.. Reports are always all over the shop when guessing a players fee. 
we will be negotiating as usual and we will be accepting a good price when it comes. If we were desperate to accept lowball offers, Doug and Matty would be eating the finest pizza right now. We could be hard up PSR wise, but it’s clear we are not desperate. 

Oh definitely don't have any answers, just vague logic and hope

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The man in that photo is 24. Let that sink in for a moment. Motherf**** looks 34. 

He looks like half transformed werewolf

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

That would be the perfect replacement for duran if he was sold

Im a big pav fan. Thats a absolute bargain

I thought they’d sell him for about 25 million this summer as his contract is running down. Cheap at that price but if the Benfica numbers are correct it’s a no brainer surely. Guy’s quality. 

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

We should be all over this.

He will struggle badly in the prem. The guy for Olympiakos is much better. If fact Duran is much better than Pavlidis. 

I watched the 'all goals scored this season' video and it reminded me how many goal Duram actually scored for us this season. Not only is his goals to minutes stats very good, but he scored some important ones. Like the goal at Liverpool and the one at Palace. 

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He will struggle badly in the prem. The guy for Olympiakos is much better. If fact Duran is much better than Pavlidis. 

I watched the 'all goals scored this season' video and it reminded me how many goal Duram actually scored for us this season. Not only is his goals to minutes stats very good, but he scored some important ones. Like the goal at Liverpool and the one at Palace. 

Agree to disagree, 29 goals this season in the league, can play all across the frontline. I think he’d be perfect for us and the premier league.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

That’s a bit too simplistic. Things are rarely that black and white. If we’d taken that approach when we signed Paul McGrath from Man Utd then we would have missed out on the greatest centre half ever to grace VP.

I know, but United were a better team than us at the time. Spurs finished below us

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Have we sold any physical assets? 
Where are you getting the information that tells us the 100% value of our players? 
if you looked at the accounts, did you notice the year that we had £100m+ of loses? 

A loss on the accounts isn’t the same as an ffp loss, there are massive spends that don’t count, this has been gone through on the ffp thread.

physical assets, not in the two previous years.

the valuation of our players is two fold, a book value you can work out and the value of what they are actually worth on the transfer market that is what clubs value a player if he was going to be sold, Luiz is 80m minimum, obviously.

8 minutes ago, burchy said:

Agree to disagree, 29 goals this season in the league, can play all across the frontline. I think he’d be perfect for us and the premier league.

Alfonso Alves scored 30 somethings goals in one season in Holland, came to the prem was a total flop.  

Stats for players in Holland and Belgium rarely translate (Sammata for another example). Players that do make the grade coming from those leagues are guy like Benteke who from one watch you can see his strength and size, plus the fine technique for a man his size. He also had a bit of pace once he got going. 

When we played them he had a few decent chances but couldn't score. Isn't particularly fast or strong. Has good movement, but in contrast El Kaabi's movement was excellent, lethal finishing, good strength, and enough pace to exploit our high line.

Pav will struggle with the pace, physicality, and intensity over here. He doesn't have the physical prowess striker need in the prem. No pace or power, then they need outstanding ball striking, movement, be clinical in front of goal, composed, and have great link up play. 

We won't be signing him anyway fortunately.

The guy at Ajax Brobby I think it is, now he could shine in the prem.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Alfonso Alves scored 30 somethings goals in one season in Holland, came to the prem was a total flop.  

Stats for players in Holland and Belgium rarely translate (Sammata for another example). Players that do make the grade coming from those leagues are guy like Benteke who from one watch you can see his strength and size, plus the fine technique for a man his size. He also had a bit of pace once he got going. 

When we played them he had a few decent chances but couldn't score. Isn't particularly fast or strong. Has good movement, but in contrast El Kaabi's movement was excellent, lethal finishing, good strength, and enough pace to exploit our high line.

Pav will struggle with the pace, physicality, and intensity over here. He doesn't have the physical prowess striker need in the prem. No pace or power, then they need outstanding ball striking, movement, be clinical in front of goal, composed, and have great link up play. 

I gave you a like for Alves. What a stinker. They thought they were getting the next Suarez

18 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Agree with this but I must admit I thought Brobby was very poor when we played them. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

He used to be a Werewolf, but he's alright NOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

We already have or did a Villa Werewolf😀😀😀

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

On what basis do you think he will struggle? He is a fox in the box type has quick feet and offers us something completely different to ollie

21 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Van nisterooy came from dutch league and he is one PLs best ever strikers

39 minutes ago, paul514 said:

A loss on the accounts isn’t the same as an ffp loss, there are massive spends that don’t count, this has been gone through on the ffp thread.

physical assets, not in the two previous years.

the valuation of our players is two fold, a book value you can work out and the value of what they are actually worth on the transfer market that is what clubs value a player if he was going to be sold, Luiz is 80m minimum, obviously.

How sure are you that the losses don’t affect PSR?

also, how sure are you that Doug is worth a minimum of £80m?  Why not 70m, or 100m?

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

On what basis do you think he will struggle? He is a fox in the box type has quick feet and offers us something completely different to ollie

We need a guy to work the channels, hold the ball up and bring people into play. A fox in the box only finishes chances. We require our strikers to create and contribute in the build up as well as score. 

People describe Haaland as just a goalscorer, but the guy can score from anywhere, the power and pace to shake defenders make him way more than a fox in the box, he is a wrecking ball. In fact Citeh's style of play exposes his short comings (in the build up) and doesn't make the most of his abilty to get on the end of direct balls.

The top strikers in our league are all more than a fox in the box. Traditionally the fox in the box was quick and good at running in behind, and played alongside either a second striker in the Berkamp mold, or a target man. They need a strike partner to feed off. 

Â