Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Definitely Watkins was trying to be moved on weekly. If he didnt score it was because he wasn't Jonathan David or Tammy and if he scored we had get maximum value for him 

By some, sure. Not most

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

The media are just desperate to generate click bait and the press love selling off our best players to their favourites it's b*llsh*t bingo. Only thing I believe so far is Ross Barkley is signing for us.

The PCR/FFP stuff has just sent the press into boll*cks overdrive.

Yep. Our fans(minus the trolls)buying these stories is pretty sad since it happens regularly like Unai off to Bayern/United/Barcelona

Then again our fanbase on here is so negative that United/Chelsea/Spurs/Newcastle all should have finished over us with esse

1 hour ago, VillanousOne said:

The media are just desperate to generate click bait and the press love selling off our best players to their favourites it's b*llsh*t bingo. Only thing I believe so far is Ross Barkley is signing for us.

The PCR/FFP stuff has just sent the press into boll*cks overdrive.

All fair and reasonable except Emery said as much himself we would need to sell this summer. 

20 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

All fair and reasonable except Emery said as much himself we would need to sell this summer. 

Yes we do but I’m sure he meant the players not in his plans rather than a player we don’t want to lose integral to his plans. I have no issue selling any player if our valuation is met / exceeded for the benefit of the club. I don’t believe we are in a position where we have to sell anyone we don’t to want to below our valuation(s)… 

10 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Yes we do but I’m sure he meant the players not in his plans rather than a player we don’t want to lose integral to his plans. I have no issue selling any player if our valuation is met / exceeded for the benefit of the club. I don’t believe we are in a position where we have to sell anyone we don’t to want to below our valuation(s)… 

What if there are no buyers for our cast offs? And the only one we can make big money on, who wants to go may be a Luiz etc?

3 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

What if there are no buyers for our cast offs? And the only one we can make big money on, who wants to go may be a Luiz etc?

We sell him at our chosen price or not at all … we aren’t selling anyone we would rather keep for below what we deem is market value.

• Like 2

Luiz in the first half of the season was being touted as a 50-80 million pound player, now we are being told Weston McKennie and 10 mil is being offered by a club who allegedly have their own financial difficulties and I doubt Luiz would be seeking a move to. Or Arsenal can get him a bargain cut price deal. I interpreted Emery saying we need to sell players as meaning that in order to get some better players in we'll have to move some on. Anything relating to sacrificing a big name player like Luiz or someone like Ramsey is speculation and hyperbole. Not saying it couldn't happen just saying at the moment it's mostly hot air, just like the idea we have to raise a specific amount of cash before the end of June. Again it could be true, just saying nothing has been confirmed. And fire selling our best players for peanuts contradicts the reason we'd sell then in the first place.

It's very sad that finally finishing in the champs league is poisoned because we have to flog half our team according to the tabloids who don't exactly want us to ruin the status quo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Yep. Our fans(minus the trolls)buying these stories is pretty sad since it happens regularly like Unai off to Bayern/United/Barcelona

Then again our fanbase on here is so negative that United/Chelsea/Spurs/Newcastle all should have finished over us with esse

The stories also contradict each other.

Uk news saying we need to sell for PSR (which usually always has a picture of Luiz in the article), and Italian news saying Juve want to low ball us for Luiz in a swap deal.

If we needed to sell for PSR, why would we do a player swap deal? Wouldn’t it make more sense just to get money up front? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The stories also contradict each other.

Uk news saying we need to sell for PSR (which usually always has a picture of Luiz in the article), and Italian news saying Juve want to low ball us for Luiz in a swap deal.

If we needed to sell for PSR, why would we do a player swap deal? Wouldn’t it make more sense just to get money up front? 

I would imagine a “swap” deal would still technically include a transfer fee on the books,  we buy McKennie for “€20m” they buy Luiz for “€40m”, in reality only €20m changed hands but for the accounts we get €40m. So a swap deal can make sense for PSR… but if Juve want to do a swap surely it has to be on our terms rather than us accepting their deadwood whilst agreeing a knock down fee for one our best players… we should be valuing Luiz at £55-60m+ even if we are forced sellers and if McKennie is part of the deal he should be valued around £10-15m as he’s got 12m left on his contract and they clearly don’t want him. 

16 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why are people so convinced that we’re not having PSR issues?

where did we make any profit in the last 3 years?

it isn't about making profits it is about staying with a FFP 105m loss.

I am convinced because I have looked at the two years accounts that have been published and then looked at what we have done since. I have listened to the so called experts who are serious rather than some stupid national newspapers valuing our players at 60% of their value and even giving the wrong accounts date. Not to mention none of them tell fans that they can just sell physical assets to our parent company like the training ground. ITS ALL BULL

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yea to get rid of the fringe players wages for PSR not FFP

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Again, that would mean little to no signings due to the 85% cap.

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

Again, that would mean little to no signings due to the 85% cap.

Am genuinely OK with that, we have enough quality returning from injury plus the Serbian kid to integrate back into the squad

10 hours ago, PaulC said:

No thank you I don't want another Tottenham reject..

This for me as well. If he isn't good enough for Spurs, he isn't good enough for us

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

it isn't about making profits it is about staying with a FFP 105m loss.

I am convinced because I have looked at the two years accounts that have been published and then looked at what we have done since. I have listened to the so called experts who are serious rather than some stupid national newspapers valuing our players at 60% of their value and even giving the wrong accounts date. Not to mention none of them tell fans that they can just sell physical assets to our parent company like the training ground. ITS ALL BULL

Have we sold any physical assets? 
Where are you getting the information that tells us the 100% value of our players? 
if you looked at the accounts, did you notice the year that we had £100m+ of loses? 

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Have we sold any physical assets? 
Where are you getting the information that tells us the 100% value of our players? 
if you looked at the accounts, did you notice the year that we had £100m+ of loses? 

Our finances definitely not in a great place in the here and now as benefits of Champ's League football won't kick in straight away.

It's far easier to flog off Luiz or Watkins to help our finances than get rid of the likes of Carlos, Cash, Duran etc etc.

But we are not the only club in this situation and the idea that we would let big name players go at bargain deals just doesn't make sense.

I'm all for the days of 75-100 mil transfers for players coming to an end, but now the latest on Cash for instance is we'd flog him for 15 mil, the price goes down daily, Poland international in his prime. Tomorrow we'll let him go for £50 and a 4 pack of Tyskie.

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Our finances definitely not in a great place in the here and now as benefits of Champ's League football won't kick in straight away.

It's far easier to flog off Luiz or Watkins to help our finances than get rid of the likes of Carlos, Cash, Duran etc etc.

But we are not the only club in this situation and the idea that we would let big name players go at bargain deals just doesn't make sense.

I'm all for the days of 75-100 mil transfers for players coming to an end, but now the latest on Cash for instance is we'd flog him for 15 mil, the price goes down daily, Poland international in his prime. Tomorrow we'll let him go for £50 and a 4 pack of Tyskie.

Not quite the answers to my questions, yet you bring an up interesting point. 
All the prices quoted for any of our players is always speculation. much like any player we are linked to.. Reports are always all over the shop when guessing a players fee. 
we will be negotiating as usual and we will be accepting a good price when it comes. If we were desperate to accept lowball offers, Doug and Matty would be eating the finest pizza right now. We could be hard up PSR wise, but it’s clear we are not desperate. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

This for me as well. If he isn't good enough for Spurs, he isn't good enough for us

That’s a bit too simplistic. Things are rarely that black and white. If we’d taken that approach when we signed Paul McGrath from Man Utd then we would have missed out on the greatest centre half ever to grace VP.

Â