Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Emery obviously rates Lo Selso which is key so if a deal could be done for around £8-10mill I’d be ok with his signing as a squad option. We need quality depth and he has which is key for me big game experience. He’s played 18 games in the champs league and won the WC. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Emery obviously rates Lo Selso which is key so if a deal could be done for around £8-10mill I’d be ok with his signing as a squad option. We need quality depth and he has which is key for me big game experience. He’s played 18 games in the champs league and won the WC. 

you reckon they would let him go for 8-10m?

i would have expected Levy to want 15-25m for him.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you reckon they would let him go for 8-10m?

i would have expected Levy to want 15-25m for him.

He’s only got a year left on his contract and is obviously surplus to requirements … I don’t think he’d be worth signing for more than £10mill given he wouldn’t be a regular starter for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I rate Leao but he struggles in certain teams and styles, I think he wont look good in the Euros for Portugal but Milan play to his strengths

In a low block he isnt that great

He reminds me of Doku a bit.

Would be a very exciting signing though based on his general output in Italy.

I could see us selling Diego Carlos to them, he'd do fine in Serie A where generally CBs there can play well into their 30s.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Barca really are a disaster of a club right now with lots of players that are ripe for the taking 

Barcelona are currently unable to register nine of their 25 first-team players due to an ongoing financial crisis.

Per The Athletic, Barcelona must raise around €130 million (£110m/$140m) by the end of June or they face a significant headache when it comes to registering further new additions. As a result, the club are seeking new investment and have also aimed to restructure their deal with Nike.

As it stands, Barcelona are unable to register Inigo Martinez or Vitor Roque, due to the way they were registered last season, while senior contracts for Alejandro Balde, Lamine Yamal, Pau Cubarsi and Hector Fort have not been registered with La Liga. Sergi Roberto and Marcos Alonso will soon be out of contract while there remains a question mark over the contract agreement with Gavi.

Edited by thabucks
  • Thanks 1

Barca have that problem all the time yes, but they’re still a huge name. Which means players put up with all kinds of shit just to be able to stay, or to get a move there.

”No wages and the home fans will still call me a traitor? Count me in!”

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Barca seem to have that problem every season, absolutely mental club 

They just need to find another lever to pull.

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Barca really are a disaster of a club right now with lots of players that are ripe for the taking 

So great what a mess they are. Totally deserved.

Unlikely but we might be able to scoop up a bargain or two, plenty of good players there without huge long contracts.

Inaki Pena, Hector Fort, Oriol Romeu (remarkably only 32), Andreas Christensen Raphinha, Marc Guiu, **** knows what's going on with Vitor Roque. We could make big use of all them.

Players with unclear futures. We'd have to do some fiddly stuff with the farcical £250k a week salaries but if Barca need some wages gone, they'll release them.

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Christ football is so ****. Everywhere I look it’s just reports and posts about finances. 

Proper feels on the cusp of blowing up.

9 hours ago, thabucks said:

But if the conversation goes we want x player and you want y & z player the fee is  kinda Irrelevant isn’t it … they give us money they know they’ll be getting back - both clubs book profits on the players they are selling and then spread the costs of theses signings over the duration of the contracts - was more using it as an example as we won’t be getting Leao . But I can see these types of deals taking place rather than swop deals to satisfy accountancy in essence 

I agree with your hypothesis. I think we'll see clubs cooperating in unusual ways to help each other maneuver around PSR constraints. It will be fascinating when everything heats up.

• Like 1

I'd absolutely have Lo Celso under favorable terms for Villa. We need squad depth with quality not just players making up the numbers. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Spoony said:

Christ football is so ****. Everywhere I look it’s just reports and posts about finances. 

and in almost every case the owners want to put their money into the game rather than it being a club in financial trouble.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Proper feels on the cusp of blowing up.

It will probably do the game good, I'm all for it....

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Problem is, it won't be the " Big 6 " it blows up for.

Fair call, I'm guess I'm just bored of it all. It's not just football but most sports I enjoy, I find myself more and more disinterested. 

Getting to the point where I'll enjoy going down and watching the local clubs first team more...

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

Both the Metro & Mirror are claiming today that we are willing to sell Dougie for £50m. They both mention that Chelsea want £50m for Gallagher too. This PSR thing is making us a "sell to buy" club again. HDE would love it. :rolleyes: 

Perhaps we should keep Dougie, as clubs will see our situation and will look to pay even less, than what I consider is half his value? I wonder whether we will get Gallagher in any case, is he waiting until after the Euros, in the hope that some other club will come in for him and will he leave us dangling? How about waiting until next month, keeping what we have and then looking to add a couple of players, and only selling someone at their market price (thus frustrating the hovering vultures)? 

Link to Metro below (the story is much the same in The Mirror) although it doesn't say much more than we have set a price and Juve, Milan and Arsenal (no doubt their offer would be ESR & a Monkey in folding) are potential buyers. 

https://metro.co.uk/2024/06/08/aston-villa-set-asking-price-arsenal-sign-douglas-luiz-deadline-20998201/?ito=newsnow-feed

Â