Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

52 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Balance in a team is hugely important, I don't think signing Todibo and placing him alongside Torres and Konsa would be a smart idea unless Mings miraculously recovered and was a starter.

You can't have a defence without an aerially dominant centre back and not be exposed.

We saw it last year with set pieces. Our high line actually helped with this as we faced less crosses in the box but if the offside rule changes, again it becomes a bigger problem as we'd probably have to drop a bit deeper. 

Well said, that man.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VillaAlex said:

Balance in a team is hugely important, I don't think signing Todibo and placing him alongside Torres and Konsa would be a smart idea unless Mings miraculously recovered and was a starter.

You can't have a defence without an aerially dominant centre back and not be exposed.

We saw it last year with set pieces. Our high line actually helped with this as we faced less crosses in the box but if the offside rule changes, again it becomes a bigger problem as we'd probably have to drop a bit deeper. 

Whilst I agree, I also think it's sort of missing the forest for the trees. Tobido is genuinely world class as a ball playing CB similar to torres. 

And you can bring in a CDM who can be aerially dominant too to supplement it. If we play with 3 CBs and an aerially dominant midfielder our set piece issues should be largely fixed even if they wouldn't be as sorted as they are whenever Mings plays. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

what the f*** is Monchi playing at seriously. 

Pulling up and believing in some random twitter account...

What are you playing at!

I'll believe it when I see it, it's not going to happen 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This probably a slightly more credible tweet, let there’s nothing mentioned on the sources account 

No, no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Whilst I agree, I also think it's sort of missing the forest for the trees. Tobido is genuinely world class as a ball playing CB similar to torres. 

And you can bring in a CDM who can be aerially dominant too to supplement it. If we play with 3 CBs and an aerially dominant midfielder our set piece issues should be largely fixed even if they wouldn't be as sorted as they are whenever Mings plays. 

He's definitely a class player for sure but I just look at where we want to be (and ambitious one) and it's to be at the level of Arsenal, Liverpool. You see their defence:-

Liverpool (Van Dijk)

Arsenal (Both Saliba and Gabriel)

Man City (Dias)

All aerially dominant players.

A DM helps, as we've seen with Fabinho in the past, Rodri and Rice but we need more.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, TRO said:

If we get the Luton Version of Barkley....its some coup.

It's a no risk signing, which is great.....and above all, he is a type, who we don't have in the squad....good for balance.

If he turns out to be a success like Tielemans....bully for us.

And hopefully we will get the Emery-enhanced version of Barkley!

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This probably a slightly more credible tweet, yet there’s nothing mentioned on the sources account 

I’m in denial until it happens.  I just can’t see it happening especially for McKennie and £25m, it makes no sense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m in denial until it happens.  I just can’t see it happening especially for McKennie and £25m, it makes no sense.

If this has to happen, it should be 85 million (min) and no Mckennie

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Just don't see Luiz going to Juve and McKennie coming to us. 

I also don't think McKennie is as bad as people on here make out. Didn't do much at Leeds but Leeds were a mess. 

Edited by PieFacE

18 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This probably a slightly more credible tweet, yet there’s nothing mentioned on the sources account 

Its as though they just made it up isn't it 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

what the f*** is Monchi playing at seriously. 

i know right, Monchi telling a nobody with 197 followers on Twitter what his transfer plans are.

how unprofessional.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't pay 5m for McKennie.

Rather just take the 50m without him because he will just be a drain on wages.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

@TRO and I hereby offer you associate membership of our "balance gang".  We've been banging on about it for the best part of a decade I reckon now - so some fresh blood is very welcome! 😉🙂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well said, that man.

I knew you'd be liking that post!  Our message is spreading! 😂

• Like 1

Â