Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Explains why Sky deleted their stupid article.

Nah underneath that is a print out of frees from transfermarkt with supporting FBREF stats 😉… 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, WallisFrizz said:

Unai, Damian and Monchi. Who are the others?

Pablo Rodriguez (left of Unai) and Alberto Benito (to the right). Both joined in May 2023.

"Alberto brings a wealth of experience and a global network to the organisation and will work alongside Rob Mackenzie in a global technical role.

He leaves Real Betis having won the Copa del Rey and having qualified for Europe in the last three seasons. He has previously worked with Unai at PSG and Arsenal, in addition to stints at Granada, Parma, Almeria and Swansea.

Pablo was most recently at Villarreal CF as a coaching staff member and senior scout.

He was previously a senior scout at Valencia for 10 years and is a Copa del Rey and Europa League winner."

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, rodders129 said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7eKDkLNlp-/?igsh=MW11dTFqbWNkeTNoaQ==

Funny from big James Collins. Again shows where we’re lacking defensively…it’s not rocket science. Just get a big lad back there who loves to head it

It was pointed out in August after Mings was injured in an article on the Athletic. Mings is the player tasked with just winning the ball as he's so dominant aerially and so big and strong he was like top 4 in the whole League for aerial duels won and for numbers too. Without him the whole defensive system loses the key man and had to try adapt. 

Arsenal are so good at set pieces because they are hilariously simple. They practice putting the ball into the right areas of the box consistently and they have bigger players who are better aerially than the opposition so just keep winning those duels and scoring. Carlos was shocking at this aspect of the game, maybe a legacy of his injury where is leap is not what it was because he was far worse than any of his previous seasons. Without Kamara and JJ we had zero help from midfield too. 

Barkley will be a help. Mings obviously is the key. Also getting Kamara and JJ back. People also forget how good Buendia is in the air. Crucially would be Carlos leaving and a new CB coming in. 

• Like 4

I think this will be a busy window. Players coming and going. 

We could move on Digne, Carlos, Cash, Duran on top of Dendonker, Coutinho, Chambers, Hause. With Archer, Iroegbunam, KKH, Sinisalo all moving on too. 

That free's up lots of space for new signings, say Hermoso, Barkley, Gallagher a new CB, RB and Forward. 

25 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not linked with us but I wouldn’t say no.

Not sure we’ve got £60m to be dropping on one player but I’d love to see him in a Villa shirt. 

I’d give it a 0.2% chance of happening at this point. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Not sure we’ve got £60m to be dropping on one player but I’d love to see him in a Villa shirt. 

I’d give it a 0.2% chance of happening at this point. 

That’s a little pessimistic, I’m at 0.35178%

Have some faith!

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9111w60d47u0wq89u9wr

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I think this will be a busy window. Players coming and going. 

We could move on Digne, Carlos, Cash, Duran on top of Dendonker, Coutinho, Chambers, Hause. With Archer, Iroegbunam, KKH, Sinisalo all moving on too. 

That free's up lots of space for new signings, say Hermoso, Barkley, Gallagher a new CB, RB and Forward. 

The fact that Monchi posted that story with an open folder of “players of interest” with Unai and other senior staff in the recruitment brain trust means we are in for a busy summer. There will be ins and outs. But not how the media think. It was a subtle jab at the narrative. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The fact that Monchi posted that story with an open folder of “players of interest” with Unai and other senior staff in the recruitment brain trust means we are in for a busy summer. There will be ins and outs. But not how the media think. It was a subtle jab at the narrative. 

Yeh. Sure. 

45 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Yeh. Sure. 

There's not a team in the world that won't be buying any players (excluding transfer embargos), and we won't be the first. 

Dunno how/whether they could afford them, but if Milan can take Cash and Carlos off our hands… we can spend on proper upgrades or players more suited (and regularly available & effective) to the style and system Unai wants.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Isn't he following Ratcliffe to Manure?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Balance in a team is hugely important, I don't think signing Todibo and placing him alongside Torres and Konsa would be a smart idea unless Mings miraculously recovered and was a starter.

You can't have a defence without an aerially dominant centre back and not be exposed.

We saw it last year with set pieces. Our high line actually helped with this as we faced less crosses in the box but if the offside rule changes, again it becomes a bigger problem as we'd probably have to drop a bit deeper. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jas10 said:

If we get the Luton Version of Barkley....its some coup.

It's a no risk signing, which is great.....and above all, he is a type, who we don't have in the squad....good for balance.

If he turns out to be a success like Tielemans....bully for us.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Just renewed. V12 have removed their arrangement fee.

blimey, took your time....second class fan😄

• Haha 1

Â