Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That original tweet by "Dan Pritchard" hurts my brain to read.

Yeah I gave up half way through. It would be nice if illiterate people would stop tweeting. It's very hard to make sense of. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Indigo said:

No need to defend if you have 100% possession. 

spacer.png

Reminds me of a Johaan Cryuff quote: "If you have possession, the opponent can't score... there is only one ball"

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s cringe when accounts pretend to be ITK 

There are many, many examples of TalkinTactics being proved correct on the odd occasion he offers something along those lines. He's not even an 'ITK' account. Not really a fair shout.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

There are many, many examples of TalkinTactics being proved correct on the odd occasion he offers something along those lines. He's not even an 'ITK' account. Not really a fair shout.

Iheanacho rumours have floated a lot and for a long time, it’s low hanging fruit. He managed just five goals in the Championship. I’m not convinced we are that interested. 

Edited by The_Steve

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Iheanacho rumours have floated a lot and for a long time, it’s low hanging fruit. He managed just five goals in the Championship. I’m not convinced we are that interested. 

🧐

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I'm of the same opinion as you here but, out of interest, have you seen his appearance minutes this past season? Something fishy going on with him.

21 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Reminds me of a Johaan Cryuff quote: "If you have possession, the opponent can't score... there is only one ball"

19547980-7551779-Former_England_football

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'm of the same opinion as you here but, out of interest, have you seen his appearance minutes this past season? Something fishy going on with him.

Will check the minutes stats, another interesting stat for him is that’s he not scored more than 5 league goals in a season since 20/21. Nor should we be helping Leicester with their FFP/PSR issues for a player who doesn’t improve us at all. 

• Like 1

Iheanacho will go to Turkey then probably Middle East only to turn up scoring a goal at a future World Cup to enter the Forgotten Players thread

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That original tweet by "Dan Pritchard" hurts my brain to read.

That's an insane piece of writing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He didn't say we are that interested. Clubs draw up big lists of potential signings, it's not inconceivable at all that a back-up striker on a free transfer such as him is somewhere on one - as unsexy as it is - given there'll likely be greater priorities and potentially reasons to be frugal. As I said, the guy has gotten a lot right before and isn't a verified account/journalist that has any reason to pick at low hanging fruit, would trust it from there more than most.

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He didn't say we are that interested. Clubs draw up big lists of potential signings, it's not inconceivable at all that a back-up striker on a free transfer such as him is somewhere on one - as unsexy as it is - given there'll likely be greater priorities and potentially reasons to be frugal. As I said, the guy has gotten a lot right before and isn't a verified account/journalist that has any reason to pick at low hanging fruit, would trust it from there more than most.

I’m honestly curious, what’s he gotten right?

Im just calling out the gif stuff acting like it’s a certainty when it’s still just as speculative. Better to say nothing rather than present it as fact with such tweets. 

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

I’m honestly curious, what’s he gotten right?

Im just calling out the gif stuff acting like it’s a certainty when it’s still just as speculative. Better to say nothing rather than present it as fact with such tweets. 

He was the only account to call Ings earlier that day was the one I remember

Todibo would be a good signing but I would be very surprised if he's not at Man Utd come September.

Would be a great replacement for Carlos who isn't unbelievable in the air either.

We'd need £15m for Carlos to break even on his book value I think, which won't be easy, I doubt we turn enough profit so it won't be a case of sell Carlos, buy Todibo.

But maybe sell Carlos & Digne, sign Hermoso & Todibo?

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Todibo would be a good signing but I would be very surprised if he's not at Man Utd come September.

Would be a great replacement for Carlos who isn't unbelievable in the air either.

We'd need £15m for Carlos to break even on his book value I think, which won't be easy, I doubt we turn enough profit so it won't be a case of sell Carlos, buy Todibo.

But maybe sell Carlos & Digne, sign Hermoso & Todibo?

Hermoso is a left sided centre back not a left back. It’s one or the other to replace Carlos. 

Â