Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

Did we sell Bodymoor with the stadium when we was in the championship? If not it does make every sense in the world that we replicate what Chelsea have done & still doing 

If you can't beat them, join them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Paperwork has been drawn up and just waiting for the signatures … 

Problem with getting this done; concern over Crested Newts.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Dinge had a great season, his best one at the club. I still don't see him as a key player. We can sell him and simply sign Hermoso on a free and we've saved ourselves about 6.5-7m in annual cost and covered LB and LCB

Still don't get the clamour over selling Digne.  He's probably our starting LB right now, has bags of experience, is arguably at the peak of his powers and doesn't free up that much financially.  IMO it'd be a huge gamble to get rid of him.

I haven't really seen Hermoso play so no idea what he's like, but he sounds like a defensive player rather than one who wants to bomb forward so doesn't sound like a replacement for Digne in the system we play.  One player (Moreno) being able to do that job?  I don't know - it's risky; unless we're switching up to attacking on the right-hand side of the pitch but that requires a new RB, which will cost far more than replacing Digne to save 6-7m.

• Like 2

Just now, bobzy said:

Still don't get the clamour over selling Digne.  He's probably our starting LB right now, has bags of experience, is arguably at the peak of his powers and doesn't free up that much financially.  IMO it'd be a huge gamble to get rid of him.

I haven't really seen Hermoso play so no idea what he's like, but he sounds like a defensive player rather than one who wants to bomb forward so doesn't sound like a replacement for Digne in the system we play.  One player (Moreno) being able to do that job?  I don't know - it's risky; unless we're switching up to attacking on the right-hand side of the pitch but that requires a new RB, which will cost far more than replacing Digne to save 6-7m.

He wants to sell a DINGE to be fair, not Digne.

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Hermoso is on big wages at Atletico as well and probably looking for more because he's moving on a free.

I think the idea with Hermoso is to be able to mirror our formation I.e. Konsa at RB and and attacking LB or Hermoso at LB and an attacking RB. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

I think the idea with Hermoso is to be able to mirror our formation I.e. Konsa at RB and and attacking LB or Hermoso at LB and an attacking RB. 

Agreed and I think its a very good idea. Very easy to predict how we will set up at the moment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

But we got no monneeyyyy.

We will if we sell Ramsey, Luiz and Duran. 130 million big ones. 

Then we can go out and get Gallagher, Maatsen, Todibo and Baena. 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yes please

I know it's l'equipe so it's probably hot garbage but this would be a major coup.

Edited by JPAngel
Smooth brain

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

But we got no monneeyyyy.

I think there is a confusion between us having to meet PSR for the current cycle, which ends on June 30th, and us having funds to spend after that date.

We will certainly be making signings, but that doesn't change our current position in needing to balance the books before the end of the month. 

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 2

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

I think there is a confusion between us having to meet PSR for the current cycle, which ends on June 30th, and us having funds to spend after that date.

We will certainky be making signings, but that doesn't change our current position in needing to balance the books before the end of the month. 

True. All very true.

Â