Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm still thinking if we could sell say:

Olsen - 8 mill?

Dendonker - 7 mill?

Chambers - 2.5 mill?

Carlos - 12.5 mill?

Iroegbunam ( Sell with sell on or buyback ) - 5 million?

That's circa 35 mill, plus the other deadwood we get off the books and wages.

Wonder how much this would help.

The only issue is how long it would take to make these deals and getting the actual players wanting to move.

Have I missed anyone else we can move on without affecting our core?

Do we then throw Gauci in at the deep end as backup keeper etc?

Balancing act.

Also why Luiz is mooted as a highly saleable asset which could address issues immediately and have alot of immediate interest, unfortunately.

Edit... I only just realised that Olsen's contract apparently expires this month? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Olsen - 8 mill?

Dendonker - 7 mill?

Chambers - 2.5 mill?

Carlos - 12.5 mill?

The only issue is how long it would take to make these deals and getting the actual players wanting to move.

Balancing act.

Also why Luiz is mooted as a highly saleable asset which could address issues immediately and have alot of immediate interest, unfortunately.

Also factor in getting deals ready and done for all these players by the 30th. It’s a tough ask. And just for £35m. When you could do one deal for £50-70m

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Edit... I only just realised that Olsen's contract apparently expires this month? 🤦🏽‍♂️

Is that true? Or a joke that went over my head?

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The Pau Torres who err had just played for Spain in the World cup? The Pau Torres who errr had played in the CL the previous season and integral in Villareal knocking out Juve and Bayern Munich. The Torres who was great in 2021 when they were defeating Arsenal and Man. United B2B to win Europa league.

I must've missed all those higher calibre players we've signed since promotion compared to him. We signed him at a great age and exactly the experience needed for backline and he certainly wouldn't have joined if Emery wasn't around.

He's high quality alone for the simple fact Lenglet looked pretty average in the games he replaced him in. You're talking about a guy with 15 caps for France between 2019-21 and 100 games for Barca in four years yet the defence looked far weaker with him in it compared to Pau.

Diaby I think we need to be patient. He was very hit and miss last season but did well overall for Leverkusen like Bailey did so I believe those numbers will eventually translate to the prem (17 goals for Leverkusen in league and Europe in 21/22).

If you're expecting higher quality signings from regular starters of teams like Leverkusen and Villareal this summer I think you're going to be pretty disappointed.

Don’t bite, he’s just fishing.  Treat it with the disdain it deserves 

• Thanks 1

There are 6 decent clubs with decent players and an opportunity to resolve each others issues quite easily and without significantly reducing quality. 

PSR is an artificial construct, treat it as such and work around it 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, macandally said:

There are 6 decent clubs with decent players and an opportunity to resolve each others issues quite easily and without significantly reducing quality. 

Absolutely correct and we have owners who are clever - and experienced - enough to do this. In fact they could be doing just this right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Is that true? Or a joke that went over my head?

Someone brought it to my attention, so I did a Google and it says the same.

I'm not sure it's right though.

4 minutes ago, macandally said:

Honestly, it’s the easiest solution for everyone’s problem. 

A little 3/4 way trading pool 

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Olsen - 8 mill?

Dendonker - 7 mill?

Chambers - 2.5 mill?

Carlos - 12.5 mill?

Balancing act.

Contract expiring or not, I think you’re valuing Olsen too highly, but possibly the difference in our valuations could be made up by getting more elsewhere. 

Archer? I don’t know what the situation is with him in regards to ffp and selling now he’s back, etc etc. I doubt we’d get £18m for him, but I’d be reasonably confident we’d receive over £10m. Although I’m not sure which club (probably championship) has that available to offer.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

I don't think one loan spell, that was for only half the season, will do much damage to Dendocker's value, or make it more diffiult to sell him, clubs will see a player who's vastly experienced at the top level and a proven steady performer, and available for a relatively low figure, there will be plenty of interest, I suspect we will get between five and ten million

If Konsa plays in the euros and does well Chelsea love a central defender - we can manipulate a deal that suits us both - I love Ezri but he can be replaced … £55mill +  is fair price and pure profit - timing with the euros doesn’t  help us though. Honestly think unless Luiz is asking for a ridiculous amount to extend his contract further it’s just click bait. We could get £25-30 mill for Tielemans. Matty Cash similar amount so why trade Dougie - just don’t believe it 

Aston Villa interested in Internacional defender Vitao 

According to Diario de Sevilla, Aston Villa have joined the race to sign Internacional defender Vitao. 

West Ham United are chasing his signature and have already launched a £6.8m bid, though, it’s thought the Brazillian club are after around £10.2m. 

LaLiga outfit Real Betis have also been credited with interest as they look to replace Crystal-Palace bound Chadi Riad. 

Vitao almost signed for Barcelona in 2019 and now looks ready to make the step to European football, with Villa a feasible destination.

They’ll surely have the advantage over West Ham due to Champions League football.

https://tbrfootball.com/aston-villa-interested-in-signing-tenacious-10-2m-rated-brazilian-player/

37 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Honestly, it’s the easiest solution for everyone’s problem. 

A little 3/4 way trading pool 

Really? So the clubs impacted could just sell each other players and then be compliant ? Shows what a farce it really is.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't think one loan spell, that was for only half the season, will do much damage to Dendocker's value, or make it more diffiult to sell him, clubs will see a player who's vastly experienced at the top level and a proven steady performer, and available for a relatively low figure, there will be plenty of interest, I suspect we will get between five and ten million

I don’t think the fee is the issue. No club will want to pay his wages and rightly so. He’s shit.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Olsen - 8 mill?

Dendonker - 7 mill?

Chambers - 2.5 mill?

Carlos - 12.5 mill?

Balancing act.

Dendoncker 7m like really?  Chambers 2.5m?

Villa aren’t getting anything for those players other than maybe their wages off the books.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, striker said:

Dendoncker 7m like really?  Chambers 2.5m?

Villa aren’t getting anything for those players other than maybe their wages off the books.

They will be loaned out until contracts end I reckon.

He signed a 3 year contract in 2022 so stick with him for another year … 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Really? So the clubs impacted could just sell each other players and then be compliant ? Shows what a farce it really is.

Yeah technically. We could sell Doug to Chelsea and they could sell us Gallagher. 
we both book the sales as profit to cover the PSR deficits, and amortise the purchases over time, to keep it all under the threshold. 

in that scenario we both replacing  a quality cm with a quality cm. Solve the psr issue and the replacement issue in the same trade. 

• Like 1

Â