Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chambers, Maguire just to name off the top of head and I’m sure there are plenty of them.  Plus why would he go to Juve when all reports suggest they are offering him less money than he’s on now and arguably if we give him a new contract he’d be on much more than he is now.  Given his great rise especially over the last 18 months, no way is he settling for a lesser wage. Also does he want to go to Italy when his missus is here.

I've seen rumours about her going to the Mexican league. But, I think it's just speculation. 

30 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

If this kind of information is known to local journos and seeps through to the fans, you can bet the actual clubs know this in much better detail. 

True.

Likely well in advance of media as well.

You just hope there is some form of mutual respect between clubs to not take the absolute piss though.

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is ... This being broadcasted every where... Actually weakens our negotiating positions for our own players FFS 🤦🏽‍♂️

Everyone in football has known we need to sell to meet PSR for months. It's been widely reported in the media, certainly it received plenty of attention in January. Our published accounts were also dire. 

TBH it's just this thread where people have convinced themselves we don't need to sell anybody. Fans being fans I guess. 

Posted (edited)

I reckon we will buy someone from Chelsea and they will buy someone from us and by the magic of amortisation that will sort out both our FFP issues

Edited by picicata
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I believe we will only sell someone if it benefits us and not because of any pressure to and If we are selling anyone then it will be on our terms.  I’d sell Konsa & McGinn over Ramsey & Luiz. **** it id even sell Martinez if a Saudi team wanna lay down a £100mill + 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 2

16 minutes ago, picicata said:

I reckon we will buy someone from Chelsea and they will buy someone from us and by the magic of amortisation that will sort out both our FFP issues

Issue is, Chelsea would most likely want someone we don't want to sell FFS , and which would potentially weaken us and strengthen them.

Unless it's Duran ( Not ideal either ) but much less of a blow.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This is going to be a rubbish window isn’t it? And I don’t mean just for us. Wonder if trades will be a lot more popular now than actually buying. 

Edited by Tayls

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

This is going to be a rubbish window isn’t it? And I don’t mean just for us. Wonder if trades will be a lot more popular now than actually buying. 

I think it always was going to be just that. We're constrained, and everyone knows it. Another year of trying to hang on. Last year it was injuries. This year it's until the revenue streams catch up with our club's sky-high ambitions.

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

They may ironically be sabotaging the growth and competitiveness of PL without realising it.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lexicon said:

Who wouldn't do well next to a hardworking player like Palhinha? Is this just another Danny Drinkwater situation? 

Would love Palhinha here in fairness, would be great in the DM role for us but far too expensive.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people so obssessed with selling Luiz, get it into your head gullable sucker bonces that we don't have to sell him just because clickbait headlines use his name

There are other players that we can sell to meet whatever FFP issues we might have, which are probably not as bad as the media make out, they usually aren't in these kind of situations

We'd sell the likes of Cash, Buendia, or Tielemans and a bunch of others before Luiz, Cameron Archer will fetch a decent sum from the Championship, these other cats might not fetch as much as DL, but collectively it soon adds up

Because Doug is the easiest, quickest and highest value player to sell. Also we’d probably be fine without him too  

to raise any thing close to his value with other players, we probably need to sell 2/3/4 players. That’s a lot of deals to organise before the 30th. 

There’s a logic to selling him  it’s not just random name plucked out of a hat  

• Like 1

I don't mind if it's a low key window.

With SSN hyping up transfers on a daily basis it seems it's a failure now if you don't sign 6-7 players in one summer even if you don't need to.

Give me the 90s back when we topped up with 2-3 good players like in 95 adding Savo, Southgate and Draper who were all key to the last time we won a trophy.

Last summer we got it right. Pau, Tielemens and Diaby in as three high quality and experienced players who all played their part in achieving 4th. Then Zaniolo and Lenglet covering our season ending injuries.

There is no need to sign 6-7 given we lost so many to bad injuries last season and all of them bar Kamara will hopefully be available in August.

53 minutes ago, useless said:

Why are people so obssessed with selling Luiz, get it into your head gullable sucker bonces that we don't have to sell him just because clickbait headlines use his name

There are other players that we can sell to meet whatever FFP issues we might have, which are probably not as bad as the media make out, they usually aren't in these kind of situations

We'd sell the likes of Cash, Buendia, or Tielemans and a bunch of others before Luiz, Cameron Archer will fetch a decent sum from the Championship, these other cats might not fetch as much as DL, but collectively it soon adds up

I think it all comes down to if he is willing to sign a new contract. If he isnt he will be sold this summer i think and i would back that as we wilm get a lower fee next summer or he could see his conrract out go on a free and that would be a disaster

Posted (edited)

I'm still thinking if we could sell say:

Olsen - 8 mill?

Dendonker - 7 mill?

Chambers - 2.5 mill?

Carlos - 12.5 mill?

Iroegbunam ( Sell with sell on or buyback ) - 5 million?

That's circa 35 mill, plus the other deadwood we get off the books and wages.

Wonder how much this would help.

The only issue is how long it would take to make these deals and getting the actual players wanting to move.

Have I missed anyone else we can move on without affecting our core?

Do we then throw Gauci in at the deep end as backup keeper etc?

Balancing act.

Also why Luiz is mooted as a highly saleable asset which could address issues immediately and have alot of immediate interest, unfortunately.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Also, couldn't we manipulate some loan to buy deals?.

Minimal outlay this season, but with guaranteed healthy fees for clubs next season when our finances will also be better 

• Like 1

Â