Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Might just be being petulant but at this stage but I'd rather just take the points deduction. 6 is the precedent but shouldn't be more than the 10 Everton originally got. Either way, I'd prefer our first year back in the CL to not be us getting d!cked 7-0 by pot C/D teams because we have a midfield duo of Barkley & McKennie.

It's actually depressing that I'm going on Safari in a couple days and I have more chance of seeing a ****ing Unicorn than an exciting signing for the Villa. **** me!

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 4

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My nephew has just showed me a TikTok that Talking Tactics has said Douglas Luiz says he wants to stay at Aston Villa and play CL football. Under some TikTok Leo_273, I don’t have TikTok so somebody may be able to look up and validate?

https://www.tiktok.com/@leo_273k/photo/7377379073129024800?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7336755023977858603

Says the source for Luiz comments is TalkingTactics. No idea if it’s true though.

Edited by Aston_Villan4

45 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

https://www.tiktok.com/@leo_273k/photo/7377379073129024800?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=mobile&sender_web_id=7336755023977858603

Says the source for Luiz comments is TalkingTactics. No idea if it’s true though.

It's irrelevant what Luiz wants to do if we are forced to sell him for PSR reasons. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, duke313 said:

gifs you could watch all day – Page 28 – Singletrack Magazine

I guess the rest of the PL teams are happy finishing mid table and selling their best players every other season to the Scum 6.

Maybe they just don't want to give us or Newcastle a chance to spend like man city. What benefit is it to spurs or palace or Brighton, etc. to increase the limit to 135m? There isn't one and they can inhibit their direct competitors by keeping the current limit. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

It's irrelevant what Luiz wants to do if we are forced to sell him for PSR reasons. 

Eh? He can say no to Juve, he doesn’t have to move if he doesn’t want to.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Like it was irrelevant to Chambers when we tried and failed to push him out? 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is ... This being broadcasted every where... Actually weakens our negotiating positions for our own players FFS 🤦🏽‍♂️

Why? The rule was to change for end of next season PSR. So would impact more pir ability to buy players in 24/25 financial year. 

11 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't need to sell anyone for PSR reasons. We probably want to sell someone to facilitate us being able to spend and buy new players. 

There’s several names we need to sell tbh. Hopefully we can shift the deadwood soon. We were always going to be selling this window - it doesn’t mean our starting XI though 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't need to sell anyone for PSR reasons. We probably want to sell someone to facilitate us being able to spend and buy new players. 

You forgot to add "in my opinion". It's not a fact. Many others are of opinion that we have to sell to stay complaint.

Edited by Czarnikjak

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Why? The rule was to change for end of next season PSR. So would impact more pir ability to buy players in 24/25 financial year. 

Isn't all the concern about NOW though mate?

I.E we allegedley have to sell players before June 30.

Which would mean you probably have to take shitter deals with clubs knowing you need to sell.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Which would mean you probably have to take shitter deals with clubs knowing you need to sell.

If this kind of information is known to local journos and seeps through to the fans, you can bet the actual clubs know this in much better detail. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Oh really?? Thats just not the case according to everything I've read and heard. Where are you hearing different?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Eh? He can say no to Juve, he doesn’t have to move if he doesn’t want to.

That's generally not how it works in the transfer world though.

I think the situation is probably being exaggerated in fans eyes, because one news outlet reports it and then a thousand others copy that, and the same probably not completely accurate story keeps getting regurgitated,, if fans see the same story over and over again they eventually believe it, and it becomes talked about as if fact

Also if we're in danger of breaking the rules, we only need to sell in order not to break those rules, but we don't need to sell per se, if clubs don't offer us what we think a player is worth, then we might just prefer to take whatever punishmet might come our way, as keeping certain players would be worth more points to us anyway

Also people just going along with media in terms of the players we would sell to raise money, but there's nothing to say we're actually going to sell Luiz for example, the most likely candidate is Duran, by virtue of him being mentioned by Ornstein as a possible target for Chelsea, he's more reliable than anyone who has linked Doug with a move, he's not going to Juventus he's going to rejuvenate us

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That's generally not how it works in the transfer world though.

Chambers, Maguire just to name off the top of head and I’m sure there are plenty of them.  Plus why would he go to Juve when all reports suggest they are offering him less money than he’s on now and arguably if we give him a new contract he’d be on much more than he is now.  Given his great rise especially over the last 18 months, no way is he settling for a lesser wage. Also does he want to go to Italy when his missus is here.

Edited by nick76

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Chambers, Maguire just to name off the top of head and I’m sure there are plenty of them.  Plus why would he go to Juve when all reports suggest they are offering him less money than he’s on now and arguably if we give him a new contract he’d be on much more than he is now.  Given his great rise especially over the last 18 months, no way is he settling for a lesser wage. Also does he want to go to Italy when his missus is here.

I didn't say he would go to Juve. I said that if we need to sell him, he will be sold. I don't know who to, but if we have to sell, he goes.

This won't be something that's going to surprise the  club, they have known our PSR situation for a while and cogs will have been turning ever since.

The McGuire situation was different. Anyway, let's see what happens.

Edited by GlobalVillan

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes allegedly. If that is true at all I am thinking a few mil is needed to be brought in. 

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I didn't say he would go to Juve. I said that if we need to sell him, he will be sold. I don't know who to, but if we have to sell, he goes.

This won't be something that's going to surprise the  club, they have known our PSR situation for a while and cogs will have been turning ever since.

The McGuire situation was different. Anyway, let's see what happens.

I just don’t agree, if he doesn’t want to leave…to whoever he doesn’t have to go. He could want to run down his contract for the next two years and many players have done that when clubs have tried to sell them.  So I don’t agree with your point.

Â