Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

59 minutes ago, duke313 said:

City have won 6 of last 7 PL titles, PSG have won 6 of last 7 L1 titles 🤷‍♂️

I stand corrected, said the man in orthorpedic shoes. 

Because the two Gulf cheats burning through petrodollars are winning their respective leagues, the leagues themselves must be of similar standard. Is that it?

OK. 😏 

Some people were expecting an attacking midfielder when we signed Stan Petrov, for example. 

Based on his goals and assists in a league which was Championship/League One standard even back then. And despite the fact that he played far deeper for Bulgaria at international level. 

NRC could have prob gone up to Scotland and scored 10-15 goals per year. 

The quality of the league you are in will skew the stats accordingly. But I do think Fofana has the attributes to do well in England or most top leagues. 

8 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

I stand corrected, said the man in orthorpedic shoes. 

Because the two Gulf cheats burning through petrodollars are winning their respective leagues, the leagues themselves must be of similar standard. Is that it?

OK. 😏 

Comment was about quality, it was about competitiveness

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is ... This being broadcasted every where... Actually weakens our negotiating positions for our own players FFS 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yep, I mentioned this the other day. The average expected fee we thought we might get for Luiz has probably dropped by 25%.

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:
44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Worst part is ... This being broadcasted every where... Actually weakens our negotiating positions for our own players FFS 🤦🏽‍♂️

Yep, I mentioned this the other day. The average expected fee we thought we might get for Luiz has probably dropped by 25%.

Depends if it true.  It could work the other way that Villa are letting this rumour fly to make us look weak so we can buy a player on a good deal because the selling club might think we don’t have the money.  Gallagher maybe £50m but through this we get him for £40m plus add ons before 30th June and then Dougie doesn’t go because we didn’t need to.

None of these reporters know our finances, they are guesstimates and I wouldn’t be surprised if we are using that to our advantage.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Thing is it's all media speculation and could be a load of bollocks.

For some considerable time now media have got it wrong concerning Villa's targets in the transfer market and it wouldn't surprise me at all if they're stoking up a fake honets nest concerning Villa's FFP situation.

Sit back, enjoy the Euros while Emery surprises everyone who his targets are.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, choffer said:

Questionable source is questionable, obviously. 

Haven't they just come up with that article from reading this thread?

Hey "journos", I've got a new rumour: Birmingham Mail is full of rocket polishers. Write that up you wastemen. I've even got a clickbait headline for you: "You'll never BELIEVE which local newspaper is a load of old bollocks!"

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Comment was about quality, it was about competitiveness

Mine was about  quality and competitiveness.

Which I thought would have been obvious to everyone.

But you disappear down your own little rabbit hole. 

Good luck. 👍

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Haven't they just come up with that article from reading this thread?

Have they ever taken an approach that even vaguely resembles journalism?

I was just providing an answer to a question ;)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well that’s just dumb.

Just inflation alone should allow for some increase, but clearly the vast majority of clubs enjoy shooting themselves in the financial face.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

3kv6EBOG0X4z0yQ_1717669450.png

He'd be ideal.

Fabregas saying on a BBC pod that Fofana is going to AC Milan.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Their real target was always Koopmeiners. It was a negotiating tactic. They were never realistically going to sign him. 

Edited by The_Steve

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Awol said:

Just inflation alone should allow for some increase, but clearly the vast majority of clubs enjoy shooting themselves in the financial face.  

gifs you could watch all day – Page 28 – Singletrack Magazine

I guess the rest of the PL teams are happy finishing mid table and selling their best players every other season to the Scum 6.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

My nephew has just showed me a TikTok that Talking Tactics has said Douglas Luiz says he wants to stay at Aston Villa and play CL football. Under some TikTok Leo_273, I don’t have TikTok so somebody may be able to look up and validate?

• Like 1

Â