Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gallagher alternative?

With those stats he could just BE our midfield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Box to box midfielder with 29 goals in a season. Yikes. 

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Gallagher alternative?

I assume I've missed sarcasm in these posts, but if not just incase:

The stats are the Percentile he is in of similar players. He was in the 29th Percentile for Goals, which is low. The higher the number, the better, that's why the coloured area of the graph is larger in stats where the Percentile is higher.

Thuram scored 1 goal last season.

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I assume I've missed sarcasm in these posts, but if not just incase:

The stats are the Percentile he is in of similar players. He was in the 29th Percentile for Goals, which is low. The higher the number, the better, that's why the coloured area of the graph is larger in stats where the Percentile is higher.

Thuram scored 1 goal last season.

Ach. Why did they only put the % sign in the tackle section? Bloody stats monkeys ruining my day. I'm going to have to speak to them about displaying their UNITS!!! As a scientist I really want to poo in their cornflakes now. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This makes him look far superior to Luiz in almost every area aside from forward passing percentage.

Would be outstanding Kamara foil/rotation etc.

However I guess the context with stats is the League, Opposition and other factors.

The difference in leagues is a massive factor tbh. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He's been a good player for Fulham. Him and Joao Palhinha works very nicely at the base of their midfield. They finished comfortable top 10 in 22/23 and then struggled for first few months last season struggling to replace Mitrovic's goals but that unit got them up to mid table again and generally what gives Fulham a chance to get a result when they play a top 6 team.

Probably feels like agent fishing around for a new deal especially given he's in Brazil squad for Copa America but we could do worse.

Again it could be down to us wanting to push on and wrap up the Gallagher deal this month so just floating it out in the press who our alternative targets are.

Who wouldn't do well next to a hardworking player like Palhinha? Is this just another Danny Drinkwater situation? 

25 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He still makes nearly twice the forward passes that Doug does, even if they make up a lower % of his game. And with way fewer minutes.

Those stats are stratospheric. 

Keep in mind those stats are generated in the French league and against the might of Clermont Foot, Lorient, Le Harve and so forth. DL might be regularly hitting 90 + in all categories in that league. 

He looks a player, mind. 

Wouldn't mind Fofana at the Villa at all. 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Dewsbury-Hall....would he interest us, as a a busy midfielder?..as opposed to Gallagher.

Now this is taking the piss with ffp. First we had Chelsea with hotels, now we get Leicester selling off national trust properties

28 minutes ago, lexicon said:

The difference in leagues is a massive factor tbh. 

That may be true, but would you have held that against Kante whilst he was in Ligue 2?

26 minutes ago, HolteExile said:

Keep in mind those stats are generated in the French league and against the might of Clermont Foot, Lorient, Le Harve and so forth. DL might be regularly hitting 90 + in all categories in that league. 

He looks a player, mind. 

Wouldn't mind Fofana at the Villa at all. 

As opposed to the superiority of Luton, Sheff Utd and the mighty Burnley.

The PL is one of the most competitive leagues in the world. 

Ligue 1 isn't. 

A point I thought would be fairly easy to grasp.

Seems not. 

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

"CVB interest in sleeping with Gal Gadot is genuine but ..." 

Who are your 'other priorities' then? 😉

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No suprise. We took a gamble to get CL football, time to pay up I suppose 

Hard to see how we improve our squad depth and quality this summer tbh. Hopefully we can do some moneyball shiz, and find some gems. 

3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

No suprise. We took a gamble to get CL football, time to pay up I suppose 

We could all just buy fringe players off each other for the same amount of and put them on 5 year contracts

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Hard to see how we improve our squad depth and quality this summer tbh. Hopefully we can do some moneyball shiz, and find some gems. 

Easy… we sell Doug, clear the PSR deficit.. we can spend again in July 

Just now, HKP90 said:

I think depth is doable with smart signings like Barkley etc. That's Monchi's expertise. Quality will be difficult but honestly I don't think we need much in that sense. Similar starting XI with better depth is more than enough for another top 4 challenge and good season.

Â