Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

11 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we are signing Gallagher and I don’t think Luiz is leaving either.

Gallagher is this season's smith Rowe. No doubt he signs a new contract this summer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Gallagher is this season's smith Rowe. No doubt he signs a new contract this summer.

Chelsea don't want him to sign a new contract, they will definitely sell him to someone...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

Absolutely not but the way things are going it wouldn’t surprise me 😒

What do you mean the way things are going? It’s all speculation atm

Don't know if anyone has mentioned jt, but matip is leaving Liverpool on a free. He's a quality CB but very injury prone. He's also excellent in the air and in possession. He is 33 though. But if we gave him a 2 year deal maybe he'd be fine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

Unai got to a CL semi final with this midfield

IMG_0219.jpeg

That's 2 guys who are very strong defensively in coquelin and capoue. And parejo and lo celso are excellent going forward and no slouches defensively. Without Kamara we are lacking a true foundation for our midfield. 

2 hours ago, striker said:

Nonsense. Luiz has a good game every one in 5-6.

Villa fans seem to be totally blinkered to that. McGinn is far more consistent.

Mcginn is fsr more consistent? When he was far worse in every game he played in midfield with Luiz. Their partnership simply doesn't work because Mcginn doesn't have the tsctical and positional nouse to play in midfield and Luiz can be a creative fulcrum but he's not a high volume receiver of the ball from defence. He needs someone else capable of doing it which mcginn is not 

Don’t know shit about him but just reading Dortmund want Ilia Gruev from Leeds … mixed bag of FBREF stats but good passing & defensive stats… anyone know much about him ? 

4 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

That's 2 guys who are very strong defensively in coquelin and capoue. And parejo and lo celso are excellent going forward and no slouches defensively. Without Kamara we are lacking a true foundation for our midfield. 

I was more pointing out that those players are fairly average by comparison to most elite CL teams, and cost relatively nothing. Yet Unai got them to a CL semi.

Im sure that Kamara’s injury hasn’t been forgotten, and we’ll get cover in due course. The transfer window isn’t even open yet, and their is an international tournament starting next week.

1 hour ago, Made In Aston said:

he doesn't want to leave Chelsea; Chelsea need to sell a home grown player for "pure profit" and he fits the bill, especially with one year left on his contract. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Lo Celso is way better. Better defensively, better passer, can actually take players on etc. 

Not in the premier league so far.

Periera been really good for Fulham. He's an 8 so that screams a Doug replacement. Interesting we're linked to all these box to box midfielders and as of yet no credible links to actual DMs.

Hopefully that strategy changes as the season goes on.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

What do you mean the way things are going? It’s all speculation atm

Yes i agree thats it all speculation having said that the gallagher one has some real steam 

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not for me, we struggled defensively end of the season and we'll be playing better teams next year who can break us down on the counter more easily. I don't think we can trust or rely on him and his moments of magic are too few and far between.

Because hes too slow he thinks he has soooo much time on the ball its unreal, said this a long time ago but he does have some silky movement i have to give him that

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think we are signing Gallagher and I don’t think Luiz is leaving either.

I really hope you are right sir 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned jt, but matip is leaving Liverpool on a free. He's a quality CB but very injury prone. He's also excellent in the air and in possession. He is 33 though. But if we gave him a 2 year deal maybe he'd be fine. 

Maybe he wouldn’t, 33 and injury prone not great on a cv I think.

21 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Periera been really good for Fulham. He's an 8 so that screams a Doug replacement. Interesting we're linked to all these box to box midfielders and as of yet no credible links to actual DMs.

I've never seen Pereira look anything better than terrible.

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Nope, doesn’t defend.

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I've never seen Pereira look anything better than terrible.

Yep, mediocre. Thought he was younger than 28…

I think we’re just seeing mostly BS rumours and links thrown around from nowhere…

window’s not even open yet and it’s already started 🤦‍♂️ gonna be relentless.

Edited by Jas10

Â