Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Not for me, we struggled defensively end of the season and we'll be playing better teams next year who can break us down on the counter more easily. I don't think we can trust or rely on him and his moments of magic are too few and far between.

The headline is a very polite and statistical way of saying “he’s **** shite”. Zaniolo was a poor signing, genuine thanks for the 2 goals which won us points but you have to say that is still a very poor outcome for an expensive loan and his overall game was uninspiring. I’m surprised there are many fans who want us to keep him, he categorically was not good enough thankfully it was only a loan and ultimately not the €35m+ permanent option 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Okay you’ve shut me up with this one 👏🏽

R.E.M.A.R.K.A.B.L.E 

Fair to say we have a magician because only magic can explain pulling that off.

Not only that they knocked out Juventus, Bayern and were 2-2 on aggregate in 2nd leg of CL semi final with Liverpool until 63rd minute. So they were in fight for a place in the final till the 2nd half of the 2nd leg. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would we be willing to keep Zaniolo on loan again to save some money and give him a proper pre season and go?

Still has Aston Villa in his profile on IG as well lol.

Just a thought.

I would. I enjoyed Zaniolo. 

• Like 1

simplistic, i know.... but IMO we need a back-up striker, a strong, tall DCM, a right full back.  Other names that don't fill one of those needs don't excite me.  I think Gallager is a great prospect, but I don't think he or Barkley fill a spot where we have a BIG hole.

I don't think we need both Diaby and Bailey.  I like a tall DCM who can drop into center half to create a back three when wings push up.  Kamara dropping back to RB to create the same is good and creative, (and what we did for much of the season) but probably suboptimal.

I keep seeing that we need to sell before the end of June. Does that mean that once 1st of July hits we will be more free to spend as we are in a new period of accounts? Can someone explain please? 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Nah. Recency bias.

He was knackered. Dead on his feet at the end of the season. That's when he had no consistency.

Nonsense. Luiz has a good game every one in 5-6.

Villa fans seem to be totally blinkered to that. McGinn is far more consistent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

You know the answer is no

i was hopeful the answer would be different 15 pages of nothing is impressive

6 minutes ago, grobs said:

I keep seeing that we need to sell before the end of June. Does that mean that once 1st of July hits we will be more free to spend as we are in a new period of accounts? Can someone explain please? 

We don't need to sell before the end of June.
When a new accounts period hits we will be rid of the accounts from 3 years ago

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Not that we’re linked with him, but if we need a Luiz replacement …

IMG_0221.jpeg

Ex FM wonder kid

He's one of the many youngsters man city quietly buy every summer and then sell at a profit a few years later without ever kicking a ball for them, was a team mate of Luiz for 2 years 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, striker said:

Nonsense. Luiz has a good game every one in 5-6.

Villa fans seem to be totally blinkered to that. McGinn is far more consistent.

No offence but that's completely insane.

He will succeed wherever he gets sold to.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

It's far more complex than this, but from a simplistic view, Luiz and Kamara together gave us title chasing form. 

Someone said DL has a good game every 5-6 matches but he was absolutely outstanding until December. Selling him seems like a huge, huge mistake. 

A lot are saying Gallagher would be a brilliant signing, but Chelsea fans will tell you that HE is the one good game every 5. Loads of energy and effort but limited in ability, albeit a good player. McKennie as a squad option is ok, but I don't think he is any better than anything we already have

Must speak to different chelsea fans, all of the ones I've spoken to said he's their second-best player and is the consistent in their squad. 

Not that I disagree with your point, I don't want to sell Douglas. 

Edited by Villaphan04

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Danny Murphy on talksport spoke on Gallagher and he said “ Gallagher is a great player and gives plenty energy on the pitch BUT his decision making in the final third is not good”.

Now he is on the same wavelength as me because i say exactly this even though I wouldn’t say great player if say good because it would frustrate me watching him burst towards the opposition box and do something silly which he so often does (unless it’s against us) other than that he is a good player not disputing that, but i wont get confidence with him playing and us pushing forward for chances.

PS ‘ i do not like danny murphy so for me to agree with that must mean alot’

Why do you love Danny Murphy so much, stop going on about him 🤣

• Haha 3

Wouldn’t it be great to keep Luiz and buy Gallagher to play with him?

FWIW, we need to improve the quality in the team, we are not yet good enough to consistently be where Emery and the owners want to operate. Personnel are going to change, beloved/club men are going to leave, we need to get used to it. 

Grealish needed to leave as without his departure we wouldn’t have the financial ability to buy who we have in those years after and now find ourselves competing in the top 4 (nearly going top at Christmas) and now a Champions League side. We wouldn’t have been able to afford to improve our quality to play along side Grealish quickly enough. Selling top talent has worked in the medium term, ahem, with the right Manager.

• Like 1

If the rumoured interest in our Colombian nutcase is true, perhaps do a swap deal with Chelsea for Datro Fofana. 

I suggested him before he went to Chelsea and think he’d do well as a backup to Ollie.

Less of a head case as well

• Like 3

Â