Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't really understand you here.

If it was Kamara Luiz McGinn I still wouldn't be confident of a result. What's your thinking?

Exactly my point and that would seem a downgrade, didnt help mentioning players im more comfortable with, why dont we try and sign players that are going to increase that confidence rather than decrease, not saying this as concrete as we may not get those players.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Exactly my point and that would seem a downgrade, didnt help mentioning players im more comfortable with, why dont we try and sign players that are going to increase that confidence rather than decrease, not saying this as concrete as we may not get those players.

I still don’t get it. Do you want us to sign concrete or play in concrete? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Imagine lining up next season against Man City 

Barkley Gallagher Mcginn 

And feeling confident about getting a result, yeah let that sink in…love unai to bits but even then i would be in doubt of success, yes i get barkley isnt a starter probably but we could see that line up at certain points

Unai got to a CL semi final with this midfield

IMG_0219.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I don’t know… it’s @RicRic scenario… I’d hope not! Because having those as a starting three makes me think we’d be playing in circles…

😂

no but Kamara will be out until Nov the earliest so im not including him in any projected line up atm, Tielemans is good but remember he wasn’t starting for us a lot so if he was a huge upgrade in quality then he would have been so that makes me feel we need to stack up on quality and involve tielemans as much as possible with starts here and there plus rotation. 

3 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Why are we only playing 3 in midfield against Manchester City? Or anyone in the league?

Just now, 479Villan said:

Why are we only playing 3 in midfield against Manchester City? Or anyone in the league?

Its not just them of course but that could be the central base of it 👍

Just now, RicRic said:

Its not just them of course but that could be the central base of it 👍

Well, I mean I'm asking because I'm supremely concerned about who you have in the 6 role. Are you putting Barkley there? I'd like to know who else is in midfield so I know who's doing work. From your other posts I am assuming the unavailability of Kamara and Tielemans.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unai got to a CL semi final with this midfield

IMG_0219.jpeg

Okay you’ve shut me up with this one 👏🏽

R.E.M.A.R.K.A.B.L.E 

Fair to say we have a magician because only magic can explain pulling that off.

• Like 1

Just now, 479Villan said:

Well, I mean I'm asking because I'm supremely concerned about who you have in the 6 role. Are you putting Barkley there? I'd like to know who else is in midfield so I know who's doing work. From your other posts I am assuming the unavailability of Kamara and Tielemans.

Yeah I haven’t felt for us to push forward that Tielemans would be a weekly starter but would be heavily involved nonetheless with all respect of course to him… well tbh i have no idea who that player would be but if kamara is unavailable how would you lay it out? 

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Yeah I haven’t felt for us to push forward that Tielemans would be a weekly starter but would be heavily involved nonetheless with all respect of course to him… well tbh i have no idea who that player would be but if kamara is unavailable how would you lay it out? 

If Tielemans is alive, he starts. And I'm not starting Barkley if I have a healthy and rested Rogers in the same form he closed the season with. If no Rogers but I have pre-injury version Ramsey, I could maybe start him instead of Barkley. If I don't have Tielemans, and I don't have Kamara, I'm going 5 at the back and doing McGinn Barkley Rogers Ramsey Bailey Watkins and crying myself to sleep.

All I have really taken from the past two pages is that @RicRic has an obsession with building materials, and @479Villan has an obsession with whether or not players will be alive come the start of the new season. 

• Haha 3

Would we be willing to keep Zaniolo on loan again to save some money and give him a proper pre season and go?

Still has Aston Villa in his profile on IG as well lol.

Just a thought.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would we be willing to keep Zaniolo on loan again to save some money and give him a proper pre season and go?

Just a thought.

Wouldn’t we have to buy him? Unless Gala would agree to extend, but they could probably sell him.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a thought.

his loan cost us 6m or something, before any wages, not thanks tbh.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Keep Doug, sell Duran for £30m, Cash for £20m, buy Onana from Everton for £40m.  Get right back equivalent of Moreno for £10m.  Flog some youngsters to raise £15m. Loan a forward/winger and centre half.  Job done.

Is.only real life were that simple

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a thought.

Absolutely not but the way things are going it wouldn’t surprise me 😒

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just a thought.

I don't think so, metatarsal injured so he's out through the summer (maybe through pre-season?). I like the guy, I feel bad that his career isn't getting off the ground in the way his talent means it probably should.

But I wouldn't want to be relying on him in a key Champions League game, he was the most dispossessed player in the Prem last year with a decent number of appearances, we'll be knackered mid-end of next season, I wouldn't want to be relying on him for a goal and hoping that he doesn't lose the ball in a key area of an important game

• Like 1

Not for me, we struggled defensively end of the season and we'll be playing better teams next year who can break us down on the counter more easily. I don't think we can trust or rely on him and his moments of magic are too few and far between.

Â