Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That’s the dude… yeah I’d have him. 

I thought he was Brazilian 😅

If it makes you feel better I did the exact same thing... :).

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

This guy called Danny Ings.

Basically saying we'll buy Pereira if he gets Coutinho gone? (Share the same agent).

Urgh. Pereira is cack.

53 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I know very little about McKennie. Assuming that’s the deal is he worth around £35-40m!? 

The going rate for McKennie is around the 20-22M mark...but i am not wholly convinced that he is worth that.

I have watched him play for leeds.....and he was god awful mostly , and i have seen him a few times for Juve and he just looks ok nothing special

Posted (edited)

I’m a bit confused with what to expect this window to be honest. On one hand I read comments and articles suggesting that we are poor and relying on handouts, and then next I see that we are apparently trying to sign Chelsea’s captain (when their other captain is out injured)…. So. I dunno. 

One thing I will say, is that IF Dougie leaves us I will be very very sad at the amount of Brazilians we have in the squad. We’ll be down to one, Diego, and many are even suggesting that we sell him! We need to improve on our South American game. You don’t win champions leagues and Premier leagues without Brazilians or at least a good core of South American players. 

Edited by Tayls

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

This guy called Danny Ings.

Basically saying we'll buy Pereira if he gets Coutinho gone? (Share the same agent).

No what he's saying is the only conversation we'd be having with Kia is please move on Coutinho. As in we would have no interest in Pereira

• Like 2

McKennie is a £20m player at best. That’s not a knock, just not a player I think would be high on our list. Anything about that valuation is just PR for Juve. They want to use his name and Dougie’s to get a move sorted for Koopmeiners. 

4 hours ago, trom_borg said:

Ramsey is the only one in the squad that literally cant be replaced (in the CL squad that is) as he is taking one of the 4 home grown spots. Selling him makes no sense  

For pure profit reasons it makes a lot of sense 

Posted (edited)

Danny Murphy on talksport spoke on Gallagher and he said “ Gallagher is a great player and gives plenty energy on the pitch BUT his decision making in the final third is not good”.

Now he is on the same wavelength as me because i say exactly this even though I wouldn’t say great player if say good because it would frustrate me watching him burst towards the opposition box and do something silly which he so often does (unless it’s against us) other than that he is a good player not disputing that, but i wont get confidence with him playing and us pushing forward for chances.

PS ‘ i do not like danny murphy so for me to agree with that must mean alot’

Edited by RicRic

Imagine lining up next season against Man City 

Barkley Gallagher Mcginn 

And feeling confident about getting a result, yeah let that sink in…love unai to bits but even then i would be in doubt of success, yes i get barkley isnt a starter probably but we could see that line up at certain points

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Barkley Gallagher Mcginn 

And feeling confident about getting a result, yeah let that sink in…love unai to bits but even then i would be in doubt of success, yes i get barkley isnt a starter probably but we could see that line up at certain points

I’d be nervous if that was a starting 3 in midfield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Dougie just sick of getting shouted and ranted at by Emery from the sideline every single game 😆

I swear the lad gets the most grief of any other player

Managers don't yell at players they don't like: they just don't start them or put them on the bench at all.

Unai yells at Dougie probably because he thinks he's capable of great things and will coach him to that point or die trying.

1 minute ago, Tayls said:

I’d be nervous if that was a starting 3 in midfield.

Are Tielemans and Kamara dead in this scenario?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Are Tielemans and Kamara dead in this scenario?

I don’t know… it’s @RicRic scenario… I’d hope not! Because having those as a starting three makes me think we’d be playing in circles…

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Barkley Gallagher Mcginn 

Don't really understand you here.

If it was Kamara Luiz McGinn I still wouldn't be confident of a result. What's your thinking?

Edited by Tomaszk

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Don't really understand you here.

If it was Kamara Luiz McGinn I still wouldn't be confident of a result. What's your thinking?

"The way to stifle Man City is have 4 in attack and cede the middle of the park to them" said nobody ever

Â