Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

The gamble to get CL football. 
we lose a player right now, but we gain much more from July 

Quite. You can even make the argument that taking a better chance of getting CL this year would have been worth it even if we were *certain* to get a 6-point deduction next season. I'm not saying they made that decision, but I'm not saying they didn't either. 

'No club would ever put itself in the position of needing to sell a player by June 30th!' - an argument stated in complete confidence, less than twelve months after Nottingham Forest did exactly that, somehow

I’d totally take the 6pt penalty. Play CL this year and then so what if we have a year in the Europa league or even no Europe at all for one season. As long as we keep building and achieving consistent points totals, players will know to stay with us.

Funk the Premier League. By the time they get round to us, the rules may have changed anyway! 

• Like 2

If we did sign Pereira our attacking set pieces would be lethal at least. He seems like an Emery style player as well, kind of like Lo Celso et al

6 minutes ago, RichW said:

I think he is referring to the "conversations have taken place with his agent Kia Joorabchian" in the sense they only spoke about moving Coutinho on. 

That was my reading of it 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RichiBoi11 said:

If we did sign Pereira our attacking set pieces would be lethal at least. He seems like an Emery style player as well, kind of like Lo Celso et al

Lo Celso is way better. Better defensively, better passer, can actually take players on etc. 

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

After all, pundits across did predict us finishing 8th last season.

The Bookmakers have VILLA in an 8th place finish for the 24/25 season...

Lets spoil that for them shall we..

• Like 2

Pereira would mean no Baena, and I think he’s a much more likely target for Emery (later in the window). 

6 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gallagher IN

Guendouzi IN

Luiz OUT

You know what i'm happy with that.

And so every Villa fan should be. Gallagher is a far more consistent performer than Luiz.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Is any one else thinking that 35m and Mckennie for Dougie is probably the worst football deal ever divised?

I mean it would be like exchanging your brand new ferrari for a second hand morris minor...

Unless we REALLY have to sell him before the 30th june deadline for PSR reasons...

• Thanks 1

Just now, OLDVILLAIN said:

Is any one else thinking that 35m and Mckennie for Dougie is probably the worst football deal ever divised?

I mean it would be like exchanging your brand new ferrari for a second hand morris minor...

Unless we REALLY have to sell him before the 30th june deadline for PSR reasons...

I know very little about McKennie. Assuming that’s the deal is he worth around £35-40m!? 

7 minutes ago, striker said:

And so every Villa fan should be. Gallagher is a far more consistent performer than Luiz.

Nah. Recency bias.

He was knackered. Dead on his feet at the end of the season. That's when he had no consistency.

• Like 3

Keep Doug, sell Duran for £30m, Cash for £20m, buy Onana from Everton for £40m.  Get right back equivalent of Moreno for £10m.  Flog some youngsters to raise £15m. Loan a forward/winger and centre half.  Job done.

23 minutes ago, striker said:

Here we go. 

Again. 

Again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Keep Doug, sell Duran for £30m, Cash for £20m, buy Onana from Everton for £40m.  Get right back equivalent of Moreno for £10m.  Flog some youngsters to raise £15m. Loan a forward/winger and centre half.  Job done.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe91ec3zf7myrbhaapnwz9

braaah

Â