Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

6 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

They’ll be mid table as usual 

1 minute ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yep, they're likely to sell Eze and/or Olise and that immediately would impact their progress. Also, teams will have worked them out by next season. They might do better than their usual 11th-16th place finish, but I can't see anything higher than 8th/9th for them. 

I was going to preface that by saying 'if they keep their players'.

If they get Kamada, they could field Olise, Eze, Kamada, Wharton. That is some serious talent. 

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I was going to preface that by saying 'if they keep their players'.

If they get Kamada, they could field Olise, Eze, Kamada, Wharton. That is some serious talent. 

They could be the new Brighton

10 minutes ago, oishiiniku_uk said:

Yep, they're likely to sell Eze and/or Olise and that immediately would impact their progress. Also, teams will have worked them out by next season. They might do better than their usual 11th-16th place finish, but I can't see anything higher than 8th/9th for them. 

Ironically, certain teams/fans could be thinking similarly about us.

I.E " They massively overachieved, PSR means they'll have to sell one of their better players, and their style of play will have been sussed,  so can't see them replicating top 5 again next season ".

No givens in Football imo.

After all, pundits across did predict us finishing 8th last season.

Linked with Andreas Pereira in the Brazilian press

Aston Villa, Newcastle and Tottenham express interest in Andreas Pereira's agent, who is considering leaving Fulham after the Copa América

• Like 1

Palace had a good end to the season when playing teams who were winding down, that's all, before that mini run they were being talked about as outsiders for relegation. They don't compare to what we've done, we've been top four form since Emery was appointed, and also have much better resources, squad, and so on to do better than they going forward.. They might do well going forward, but if people are making that prediction based on their end of season form then that's an unreliable narrative, as it's too short a spell to have any future meaning, for many teams go on such runs but don't suddenly beome a great team challenging the upper echelons - dig this research man: Palace finished the seson with eighteen points from their last ten games, very impressive, but guess what? they did the same in the last ten games the 22/23 season, and Brentford and Brighton did similar, but that didn't result in those clubs have brilliant 23/24 sseasons

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not convinced Barkley + McKennie + Gallagher = Dougie.

I'm certain Barkley + McKennie don't = Dougie

Barkley + McKennie < Barkley + McKennie + Gallagher < Barkley + Gallagher

Given just how important Dougie has been for us over the past few seasons (just look at how many more times he touches / passes the ball than any other midfielder in the team) I'm not convinced that any of those combinations = Dougie.  Plus none of them address the main issue which is that we need another Kamara.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I don't want to sell Dougie. 

My confusion is regarding that this would be an all time low. 

I doubt it would even make my top 50 events that made me feel low about Aston villa. 

It does when u consider your going into an elite competition to build further on your recent success, somehow it feels slim we are building on success if business follows through as suggested in reports, because i cant imagine much more room for business in midfield areas and we need to strengthen there equally with defence.

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Thought all of this was BS but the continued reporting is worrying me.

Soule looks a real talent but he's not worth 40-50m at this point in time (maybe more 30-40m). McKennie is d0gSh!t...  i'm sorry but he's a 10m player at absolute best. Those two high end valuations (50m) would fall short of what Luiz is worth. Our midfield would be weaker with McKennie and the 2 players would maybe equal Luiz in wages so we're no better off financially (in wages). Honestly don't get it

I'm clearly not a scout but there's like 10-12 players from Juve that I would have over McKennie in a swap deal so I find it really hard to believe that Monchi would bypass all of them and accept him in a deal.

Only hope is that Juve are also linked with Koopmeiners (and we have a good boardroom relationship with Atlanta) so maybe Dougue is a smokescreen for that

Im with you on everything here, very unsettling from my understanding we will just have to wait and see what unfolds

Â