Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It would if the 3 year rules were going to continue. Next season is the last of the rules. So no matter what 23/24 will be included in PSR calculation until it's demise 

But they could still penalise us next season for any retrospective breaches over the 22-24 seasons. Including, or not including, any sales will have an impact on this.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Soule is a baller. Would be a great wing option. 

He'd be phenomenal under Emery, he has a very high ceiling.

• Like 1

These PSR rules presumably mean that technically we're not going to be swapping players. It would be both in our own and in Juventus's interests that players leaving generate a cash sale rather than just cancelling each other out right? So even if it's a straight swap between players the accounts would show a value realised? If that's the case both clubs will be able to maximise the value of player sales in their accounts and then spread the value of the purchases over as long a period as possible?

2 hours ago, RicRic said:

@DCJonah @duke313 you can be as confused all you want but thinking this is anything remotely close to good business is highly concerning, and I couldn’t care less whos in charge it doesn’t look good, besides the majority of the team that has got us success was Dean Smiths! 👍

I don't want to sell Dougie. 

My confusion is regarding that this would be an all time low. 

I doubt it would even make my top 50 events that made me feel low about Aston villa. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

These PSR rules presumably mean that technically we're not going to be swapping players. It would be both in our own and in Juventus's interests that players leaving generate a cash sale rather than just cancelling each other out right? So even if it's a straight swap between players the accounts would show a value realised? If that's the case both clubs will be able to maximise the value of player sales in their accounts and then spread the value of the purchases over as long a period as possible?

That’s the jist 

Just now, El-Reacho said:

Yes that's how it'll work.

My understanding is (happy to be proven wrong):

• We'll bank a (example) £70m profit for Dougie in this year's accounts, and then spend £70m on McKennie & Soule. But amortize that over 5 years.
  • So we'll bank £70m now. And then "spend" £14m a year for 5 years.
  • Giving us a positive swing of £56m this season*
  • Juve would have the same. May even allow them to go and buy Koopmeiners.

*Assuming Dougie has no amortization left on his purchase, but his purchase only cost £3m a season of amortization, so it's there or thereabouts

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Thought all of this was BS but the continued reporting is worrying me.

Soule looks a real talent but he's not worth 40-50m at this point in time (maybe more 30-40m). McKennie is d0gSh!t...  i'm sorry but he's a 10m player at absolute best. Those two high end valuations (50m) would fall short of what Luiz is worth. Our midfield would be weaker with McKennie and the 2 players would maybe equal Luiz in wages so we're no better off financially (in wages). Honestly don't get it

I'm clearly not a scout but there's like 10-12 players from Juve that I would have over McKennie in a swap deal so I find it really hard to believe that Monchi would bypass all of them and accept him in a deal.

Only hope is that Juve are also linked with Koopmeiners (and we have a good boardroom relationship with Atlanta) so maybe Dougue is a smokescreen for that

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Yes that's how it'll work.

My understanding is (happy to be proven wrong):

• We'll bank a (example) £70m profit for Dougie in this year's accounts, and then spend £70m on McKennie & Soule. But amortize that over 5 years.
  • So we'll bank £70m now. And then "spend" £14m a year for 5 years.
  • Giving us a positive swing of £56m this season*
  • Juve would have the same. May even allow them to go and buy Koopmeiners.

*Assuming Dougie has no amortization left on his purchase, but his purchase only cost £3m a season of amortization, so it's there or thereabouts

Yeah I guess that would potentially leave things open to us valuing DL at £120m and Juve valuing McKennie and Soule at £40m and £80m respectively? Same principal as Etihad sponsoring City for far more than the going rate.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Man City want 70-90 mill for him apparently 

Not a bad profit considering they got him for 17m

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Ramsey

Ramsey is the only one in the squad that literally cant be replaced (in the CL squad that is) as he is taking one of the 4 home grown spots. Selling him makes no sense  

• Like 1

Someone with elite video editing skills just needs to whack a highlight reel of Chambers on YouTube which makes him look like a hybrid of Baresi, Maldini & Pirlo and some dumb Saudi club will offer us £50mill and the job is done. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Yes please if there is any chance…!

He can play as a wide forward and SS as well can't he?

Have a feeling it may be somewhere like Chelsea or Tottenham is UK though 

17 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Man City want 70-90 mill for him apparently 

Always makes me laugh this kind of figure....its 70million then!

Also if you offer £95 million is that turned down?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

They’ll be mid table as usual 

Yep, they're likely to sell Eze and/or Olise and that immediately would impact their progress. Also, teams will have worked them out by next season. They might do better than their usual 11th-16th place finish, but I can't see anything higher than 8th/9th for them. 

• Like 1

Â