Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Swaps deals are rare because effectively you need to outline the value of the two players in the deal. So it's really one club buying one player and the other club buying the other.

So if it was Duran + 15m for Gallagher let's say. That would be for example we buy Gallagher for 50m and Chelsea buy Duran for 35m. 

So if we swapped a player we bought for 15M straight up for another, who is generally regarded (by 'them') as worth 30M, we could be PSR neutral AND increase equity in the club?  

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Swaps deals are rare because effectively you need to outline the value of the two players in the deal. So it's really one club buying one player and the other club buying the other.

So if it was Duran + 15m for Gallagher let's say. That would be for example we buy Gallagher for 50m and Chelsea buy Duran for 35m. 

Also, in your example there, we have arbitrarily picked values for both Duran and Gallagher of 35M and 50M respectively. Given that we bought Duran for 15M that would be PSR neutral, but we'd have a player worth an extra 15M, so we'd have 'made' this extra value without incurring PSR loss? 

Who decides in a straight swap what a player is worth? Say we swap Duran with Gallagher straight up. Could we say it was a 50M player for a 50M player? a 100M for 100M? Does it matter?

Point is, would this not be a way around PSR? 

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

The old PSR stuff. This rumour has been speculated and speculated upon since Jan. We made losses certainly, but certainly within the rules. Nor would be we calling for bigger sanctions for breaches if there was concerns. The lines are probably tight, but not as tight as the media suggests. A lot of it is couched in vague statements for a reason. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The old PSR stuff. This rumour has been speculated and speculated upon since Jan. We made losses certainly, but certainly within the rules. Nor would be we calling for bigger sanctions for breaches if there was concerns. The lines are probably tight, but not as tight as the media suggests. A lot of it is couched in vague statements for a reason. 

We are also asking for the losses required for sanctions to be increased though

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RicRic said:

But Luiz is one of the main players that gos us into this position, ramsey was not as harsh as it may sound thats the reality of it.

Agreed. I don't want to sell either. If there was a choice and one had to go (assuming Doug doesn't want to leave) then Ramsey would very reluctantly be the one for me, but not for the peanuts that we would currently get for him. So both stay where they are then. :cheers:

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Nah looking to hard for reasons to have him replaced is my thoughts from this, not saying its all wrong though but you could say similar for Pau Torres 

Yes the same could definitely be said about Torres and that was my original point.  Torres and Konsa are both very good players but they share too many of the same weaknesses defensively and so do not make a great partnership. So we have two choices I think - (1) we leave as is and recognise that we're going to concede a lot of goals from aerial balls into our box but assume that we'll score more or (2) we have to address the issue and have someone better at dealing with the aerial threat as one of our CBs.

In my opinion Pau offers more in terms of our all round game play and so I would start with him in position and work from there.  When Pau is injured / needs a rest then Konsa has the ability to play centrally and offer some of the ball control we usually get from Pau.  However, I am not particularly happy with Konsa not playing.  I think he will play that RB / RCB hybrid role he has played this season (RB when we are defending , RCB when we have the ball and have more of a back 3).

I would much rather sign an aerially strong CB than a good RB this summer.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We might be close to PSR rules, but I don’t buy the 30/6 things, there is no way we would’ve spent what we did in Jan if we had to hit that deadline 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We might be close to PSR rules, but I don’t buy the 30/6 things, there is no way we would’ve spent what we did in Jan if we had to hit that deadline 

The gamble to get CL football. 
we lose a player right now, but we gain much more from July 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Soule is a big yes from me, if it means McKennie also then so be it. 

Yes please, plus we get to deny a rival, Crystal Palace, who are apparently also sniffing around Soule. Crystal Palace will be a big threat next year. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Soule is a big yes from me, if it means McKennie also then so be it. 

I'd be gutted if we got conned into swapping a player worth £70-80m for a player we want valued at £55-60m and a makeweight who hasnt lived up to the hype for over 4 years.

We've seen the best of Dougie when played in his rightful position this year. And yes, a downturn in form when not playing alongside Kamara. It'd be a travesty to downgrade at CM for a winger imo, as good as Soule is.

If we really want Soule and are designed to losing Luiz, it should be Soule + 20-30m for Dougie

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'd be gutted if we got conned into swapping a player worth £70-80m for a player we want valued at £55-60m and a makeweight who hasnt lived up to the hype for over 4 years.

We've seen the best of Dougie when played in his rightful position this year. And yes, a downturn in form when not playing alongside Kamara. It'd be a travesty to downgrade at CM for a winger imo, as good as Soule is.

If we really want Soule and are designed to losing Luiz, it should be Soule + 20-30m for Dougie

Again, it depends on who else we've got lined up in midfield. Soule can play attacking mid, and is rated 'very strong' on FBref for throughballs. His descriptions look a lot like Buendia tbh, so he could be fighting for that spot. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm not convinced Barkley + McKennie + Gallagher = Dougie.

I'm certain Barkley + McKennie don't = Dougie

Barkley + Gallagher = Dougie

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Again, it depends on who else we've got lined up in midfield. Soule can play attacking mid, and is rated 'very strong' on FBref for throughballs. His descriptions look a lot like Buendia tbh, so he could be fighting for that spot. 

And that's 100% needed. I'd like Soule.

I'm just nervous we finally, after years and years, have a good midfield when everyone is fit - and are selling one of the key parts of that midfield, and replacing with two lesser midfielders (and maybe Gallagher, who doesn't really do the same role).

I'd like Soule. If we're going to sell Dougie, I'd rather he went to Juve than Arsenal. I suppose.

But so far, this deal stinks

Â