Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

We don't have to sell a player before June 30th. People reporting we do want that to be the case as it serves the click bait. 

The club would not have gone into the season knowing we needed to make a sale in the 2 weeks in June. 

This is even after the fact we made semi finals of ECL and got 4th surely over performance in terms of prize money than the club would have expected.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I straight up don't believe this.

What on earth would be happening if we hadn't got 4th?!

Exactly, but remember it serves the purpose of click bait. Now all articles about Villa players other teams are interested in will have more people clicking 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

If we have to sacrifice a key player to the PSR devil, who do you nominate, instead of Doug?

as real or hypothetical that scenario is,  it is worth talking about with other fans. No one wants to see a key player go, but we don’t need to qualify everything we say with “I really don’t want to see him go, but” it should be implied 

Ramsey

I've stated we will likely need to bring in 40-50m in player sale profit this summer. This is because our 100m profit from Jack rolls off the calculations both for PSR and Squad Cost at the end of 24/25 season. It's hard to find that kind of profit from who we have got. Which is why if we made a sale of say Luiz for 60-70m we can invest in 3 quality new signings and remove any worries about PSR for end of 24/25 season. 

We are not in any desperate need to sell before June 30th. We might have been of we ended 7th or 8th and went out in 2nd round of ECL. As that's like 15-20m lower income than we have made. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't have to sell a player before June 30th. People reporting we do want that to be the case as it serves the click bait. 

The club would not have gone into the season knowing we needed to make a sale in the 2 weeks in June. 

This is even after the fact we made semi finals of ECL and got 4th surely over performance in terms of prize money than the club would have expected.

If this is indeed the case, and I bow to your superior knowledge on this subject, then surely selling Luiz now wouldn't make too much sense? It would be better to wait until later in the window to see if any bigger bids came in, and also to ensure the sale goes on the next years' accounts rather than the one that's about to pass.

Also, do you think the Man City news may have an affect on the market? Would clubs possibly be holding off on some deals to see if City win the case, as this would likely change their overall strategy for this window? Or is the need to conform to the UEFA rules for those in Europe enough that things wouldn't really change all that much?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ramsey

Valid choice.
Yet, Injury prone season hasn’t done any favours for his value. Also, he has a small perk that’s still useful. he is a “club trained” player. What’s good. It gives us a quality player to register for CL, rather than an unusable youth player 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

But Doug assured us regularly that "He's so happy".

I'd be fairly upbeat if I had Alisha werking my thang every night as well. 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I straight up don't believe this.

What on earth would be happening if we hadn't got 4th?!

VT in Meltdown; can you imagine?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

If this is indeed the case, and I bow to your superior knowledge on this subject, then surely selling Luiz now wouldn't make too much sense? It would be better to wait until later in the window to see if any bigger bids came in, and also to ensure the sale goes on the next years' accounts rather than the one that's about to pass.

It's actually irrelevant which seasons accounts it goes into 23/24 or 24/25 as PSR is a 3 year period and PSR has only one more year before we move to new rules so the profit from a sale will be on the 3 year period regardless. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ramsey

I think he needs a full season behind him, to prove his fitness. If we sold him now we would be getting less than 50% of his value, as well as losing "one of our own"

1 minute ago, John said:

I think he needs a full season behind him, to prove his fitness. If we sold him now we would be getting less than 50% of his value, as well as losing "one of our own"

But Luiz is one of the main players that gos us into this position, ramsey was not as harsh as it may sound thats the reality of it.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It's actually irrelevant which seasons accounts it goes into 23/24 or 24/25 as PSR is a 3 year period and PSR has only one more year before we move to new rules so the profit from a sale will be on the 3 year period regardless. 

Still matters. We now lost the “on the books” benefits Jack’s sale gave us (3 seasons ago). Since his sale, it’s all been financial loses ever since, and we’ve gone over the threshold. So sales are needed to not lose points/other sanctions  for next season. 

Not that I’m sure about this, but I believe that’s the jist 

Posted (edited)

Quick question regarding PSR (but also transfers to be on topic).

If we swapped, say Duran, with another player of equivalent value, what influence would it have on PSR other than wages? Who decides the value? 

Just as a hypothetical, we're reportedly looking at McKennie, who Monchi has said is worth around 15M. We bought Jhon for 15M. Would a swap be neutral in terms of PSR if the wages are similar? Or does it come down to accounting periods?

Some bright spark on here will know, I'm sure.

Edited by HKP90

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

Still matters. We now lost the “on the books” benefits Jack’s sale gave us (3 seasons ago). Since his sale, it’s all been financial loses ever since, and we’ve gone over the threshold. So sales are needed to not lose points/other sanctions  for next season. 

Not that I’m sure about this, but I believe that’s the jist 

My point is if we include in this year's accounts we post bog profit for 23/24. If it's next year's is in 24/25 

The Jack money rolls of end of next season and the PSR is average of 3 years so if we have the profit in 23/24 or 24/25 it'll be included in the 3 year calc when Jacks sale season rolls off.

Thus not relevant what year accounts 

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If it's a rolling 3 year period then I thought it still would be relevant. If we have overspent and need to cover losses before the end of June it will have to go in this cycle (21/22, 22/23 & 23/24). If we don't it makes sense to account for it in the new period. 

• Like 1

Just now, HKP90 said:

Quick question regarding PSR (but also transfers to be on topic).

If we swapped, say Duran, with another player of equivalent value, what influence would it have on PSR other than wages? Who decides the value? 

Just as a hypothetical, we're reportedly looking at McKennie, who Monchi has said is worth around 15M. We bought Jhon for 15M. Would a swap be neutral in terms of PSR if the wages are similar? Or does it come down to accounting periods?

Some bright spark on here will know, I'm sure.

Swaps deals are rare because effectively you need to outline the value of the two players in the deal. So it's really one club buying one player and the other club buying the other.

So if it was Duran + 15m for Gallagher let's say. That would be for example we buy Gallagher for 50m and Chelsea buy Duran for 35m. 

Just now, Made In Aston said:

If it's a rolling 3 year period then I thought it still would be relevant. If we have overspent and need to cover losses before the end of June it will have to go in this cycle (21/22, 22/23 & 23/24). If we don't it makes sense to account for it in the new period. 

It would if the 3 year rules were going to continue. Next season is the last of the rules. So no matter what 23/24 will be included in PSR calculation until it's demise 

• Thanks 1

People need to start realising that football as we knew it and loved it is well and truly dead and has been for a few years. It's a different game now and it stinks.

• Like 4

Â