Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

The McKennie stuff was a red herring to pressure on Koopmeiners. It wasn’t a realistic deal for us. People lost their minds over nothing 

• Like 1

As good as Dougie is, too often owing to fatigue or other factors, he was anonymous in many games. Especially with CL, we need quality in the squad. The idea that we cannot sell one player to build a better squad is self defeating. We don’t even know if he wants to stay or go. The injuries and huge quality of depth demonstrated that it’s a crucial area for us to strengthen. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Italian tabloid claims that bid for Guendouzi of €25-30m will be “presented soon” to Lazio. Adding that Guendouzi doesn’t like their current coach and wants to work with Unai again. 

Nope, been shit for 18 months and wasn’t that great beforehand

2 minutes ago, picicata said:

I'm not saying I'd be happy about it but if that's the worst you've experienced as a Villa fan I can only imagine you've only just started supporting us!

Been watching us since we lost 4-1 at stamford bridge in 1998 in the cup game ive seen much worse believe me i bleed this club, doesn’t mean ill be happy with every decision made, even though some are reports this seems to be sounding quite legit 🤝

Just now, picicata said:

I'm getting Tielemans flash backs!

Yeah but at least Tielemans had been quality before so something to hang our hat on.  Guendouzi not so much.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Nope, been shit for 18 months and wasn’t that great beforehand

Maybe he’s just dealing with bad coaching. Players thrive in different environments. Unai brought him through the ranks at Arsenal. He’s still only 25. If, and that’s a big if, the rumour is true, he could absolutely get the best out of him. 

This man Douglas Luiz has been with us since promotion and has finally seen us reach Europes most Elite club competition and some of us are now happy for him to jus exit after perhaps the same people would have said he was our best player in the first half of the season SMH… shocking stuff really is 👍

• Like 3

Just now, The_Steve said:

get the best out of him

Never seen it, at 25 you’d hope to have seen something and has just been getting worse season on season.  Bad coaching can explain a lot but not everything.

Just now, RicRic said:

This man Douglas Luiz has been with us since promotion and has finally seen us reach Europes most Elite club competition and some of us are now happy for him to jus exit after perhaps the same people would have said he was our best player in the first half of the season SMH… shocking stuff really is 👍

No one has said they are happy Luiz is leaving. Most people here are trying to make the best of the situation if he wants to go. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Barkley and Gallagher in and Luiz being shipped out would infuriate me to levels i dont need think i could ever have anticipated for this summer, my interest for the club i bleed and love would be at an all time low.

@DCJonah @duke313 you can be as confused all you want but thinking this is anything remotely close to good business is highly concerning, and I couldn’t care less whos in charge it doesn’t look good, besides the majority of the team that has got us success was Dean Smiths! 👍

Just now, HKP90 said:

No one has said they are happy Luiz is leaving. Most people here are trying to make the best of the situation if he wants to go. 

I really dont think Luiz wants to go it sounds like they’ve unsettled him by possibly listening to offers or open for him to move is my guess, and im not sure if Luiz wants to go actually go that would need to be confirmed 

If Luiz wants to leave there’s nothing we can do. If Unai feels it’s time to cash in, that’s also football. We can’t be sentimental about every player. It doesn’t erase their importance but reflects the nature of the game. 

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Also, the likes of Barkley aren’t in all probability coming to play 38 league games either. There’s huge gaps in our squad and we simply don’t know when Bouba will be back and to what levels he will reach. Same with Ty and Emi2. Let’s just wait and see what Unai has planned. It’s a squad game after all. We need a mix of experience and quality on our bench as much as the starting XI. 

Edited by The_Steve

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Have you taken into consideration that he himself wants to leave? Or that he won't sign a new contract effectively forcing us to sell him now or lose value? The majority of fans are not 'happy' to see him go, but recognise that we might be forced to sell him.

23 hours ago, striker said:

Have watched Koop several times and never been impressed. No thanks.

Really? Very good player.

• Shocked 1

Tom Collomosse (Daily Mail - who has, in all fairness, been better than most in connection to Villa over recent years) has answered some questions for tuttojuve.com regarding the Douglas Luiz situation. It's in Italian so the following area couple of the translated answers.

Q. The Italian press, in the last hours, is talking strongly about an exchange between McKennie and Douglas Luiz with an adjustment of € 30/35mln in favor of the Villa. What is your information about it?

A. Aston Villa must sell at least one player before June 30, otherwise they would have difficulties with the financial rules and risk a penalization in the Premier League... For Juventus, it can be an excellent opportunity to take a player for a much lower figure than his real value.”

Q. Are there other clubs on the player, or is there only Juventus?

A. “In the past there has been strong interest from Arsenal, who in the summer two years ago had offered nearly €46mln receiving a flat no from Villa. There was also an attempt last January, but Emery needed the best players to win Champions League qualification.”

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

If we have to sacrifice a key player to the PSR devil, who do you nominate, instead of Doug?

as real or hypothetical that scenario is,  it is worth talking about with other fans. No one wants to see a key player go, but we don’t need to qualify everything we say with “I really don’t want to see him go, but” it should be implied 

• Like 1

Â