Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Italian twitter accounts claiming Guendouzi wants out of Lazio to join up with Emery at Villa. 

(all the midfielders)

11 hours ago, supermon said:

If you go through his timeline he Kris saying "Emery is really fond of" or "Emery really likes.." for about 6-8 different players. Seems far fetched to me

we should organise a march against these people......ITK's out!!!

13 hours ago, AshVilla said:

If we sell Duran who is our backup striker next season?

Just because Watkins doesn't get injured long term and has been lucky to have not been so far in his career doesn't mean he won't at any point in the future.

I worry if he's single handedly leading the line again for us next season, we could play another 50+ games which is a big ask having no rotation option in place.

Poor guy looked burntout towards the end of last season, with no goals in his last 5 matches and he won't get much of a break over the summer because of the euro's either.

• Victor Boniface
  • Sehou Guirrasy
  • Viktor Gyokeres
  • Vangelis Pavlidis
  • Jonathan David
  • Ayoub el Kaabi

take your pick.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

I also understood it, just got to know basic history :)

Do you have to be so condescending/arrogant in so many of your posts?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Luiz thing would sting a lot less if we got Guendouzi, I'm not gonna lie.

I said in Jan that he is almost a perfect fit for where we need upgrades and cover, and I maintain that he'd be great here.

Edited by HKP90

2 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Yeah I see Tielemans stepping into the Dougie role and Barkley being the back-up.

With Youri's injury record, they'll probably end up playing about equal amounts of the season I'd guess. That will still be over 25 games worth of matches each,  with the 8 we'll get in the CL and the hope for a league/FA Cup run of sorts.

Youri played 2700 minutes across all competitions this season, effectively 30 games. Ross played just under 3000,  effectively 33 games. 

They're ideal figures to keep a player at his best, if only it weren't for the fact Youri was injured in the down time. Reducing Youri's workload slightly may help him avoid some of his injuries. 

That's all if we sell Luiz and if we buy Ross... I don't think it makes us significantly weaker as Youri looked exceptional in that role at times last season.  And in theory should give us plenty of spare money to spend on our key positions. 

Doesn't give us much of a long term prospect for the Dougie role though. 

On 04/06/2024 at 07:19, allani said:

As my comments said - I think Konsa is a very good player.  However, we have conceded a lot of goals from crosses / set pieces this season and Konsa's biggest weakness is in the air.  He's in the bottom 3% for aerial challenges won.  That's not necessarily an issue if he is playing alongside someone who is very good in the air (for example Mings) where the two players work as a partnership.  However, I can't see us dropping Torres because he's key to the way we play the ball out of defence.  But Torres has the same weakness (also in the bottom 3 for aerial challenges won).  My question therefore remains - how do you play Konsa and Torres in the same back line without conceding a lot of goals from balls played into the box?  That's not being dismissive of Konsa - it's flagging an issue with the Konsa / Torres partnership.  Moving to 3 CBs causes an issue as it kind of leaves McGinn as our RWB whereas we need him higher up the pitch in attack and defence.  Moving Torres to LB exposes him to quick wingers, makes it more difficult for him to control the ball from the back and impacts on our ability to create width down that flank through overlapping runs (as per Digne and Moreno).  Moving Konsa to RB is I suspect the answer but positionally he has been caught out quite a lot - although this is probably due to him playing RB one match, CB the next and then going back to RB.

Nah looking to hard for reasons to have him replaced is my thoughts from this, not saying its all wrong though but you could say similar for Pau Torres 

Just now, RicRic said:

Barkley and Gallagher in and Luiz being shipped out would infuriate me to levels i dont need think i could ever have anticipated for this summer, my interest for the club i bleed and love would be at an all time low.

Even if Barkley is brought in as a rotation option, and we then get another midfielder in? 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Serious downgrade from luiz to gallagher in my opinion

Its turning my stomach just thinking about it 😠

Edited by RicRic

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rice is a better player than Luiz and he's younger. 

We won't get near £100m for Luiz. 

No sale then. ;)

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That’s a far more reasonable valuation of McKennie.

That’s more like it!! 
Weston in at 10-12m pounds is a reasonable deal for depth

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

Even if Barkley is brought in as a rotation option, and we then get another midfielder in? 

Damage is already done there will be no top four again if that happens 

Italian tabloid claims that bid for Guendouzi of €25-30m will be “presented soon” to Lazio. Adding that Guendouzi doesn’t like their current coach and wants to work with Unai again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Apparently we wont be selling to rivals and we wont be getting more than 40/50 million from teams in Italy for a player

Then we won't be selling. :cheers:

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gallagher IN

Guendouzi IN

Luiz OUT

You know what i'm happy with that.

Dougie isn’t irreplaceable. We’d have a lot more steel in our midfield with those names. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Damage is already done there will be no top four again if that happens 

You don't know who else might then replace him. He's not irreplaceable, and if he wants to leave, we really don't have much choice. He's not as integral to the squad as Grealish was, and we got champions league without Grealish.

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Barkley and Gallagher in and Luiz being shipped out would infuriate me to levels i dont need think i could ever have anticipated for this summer, my interest for the club i bleed and love would be at an all time low.

I'm not saying I'd be happy about it but if that's the worst you've experienced as a Villa fan I can only imagine you've only just started supporting us!

• Like 2

Â