Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

24 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dybala has €12m release clause, he has had niggling injuries in his time at Roma so might be open to a move to us where we don't use him as much and manage his body better. Can play with Watkins or instead of him in no9. 

I think its a very good option personally.  I think also if duran is sold maybe keeper archer around as another option if dybala picks up injuries

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Knutserov13 said:

A part of beeing " a big club" is to know when its time to trim the squad and sell (good) players in the right time. Even if it hurts the supporters. Maybe that time is now with Dougie.

That is true but replacing him with 2 sub standard similar players like Gallagher and McKennie isnt what big clubs do

• Like 3

5 hours ago, useless said:

We aren't signing McKennie if we're signing Gallagher, they're too similar, and we aren't replacling Luiz with Gallager, as they're nothing like each other, if Luiz was to leave, we would have no choice but to sign another midfielder that resembles his skillset, as what he does is vital to the way we play, it wouldn't work just to replace him with Gallagher or McKennie

That's not to say he won't leave, I doubt he will, but it can't be guaranteed, but if he does, Gallagher if he signs would not be his replacemet - or in other words our pursuit of Gallagher doesn't make it any more likely that Luiz will leave

I see Barkley (now he plays in a deep midfield two) as the closest skill set to Luiz. But I think Barkley is depth for if Luiz is injured, not a replacement 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

I see Barkley (now he plays in a deep midfield two) as the closest skill set to Luiz. But I think Barkley is depth for if Luiz is injured, not a replacement 

I think Barkley will be more than depth much like how Tielemans became a vital player. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 479Villan said:

People remember seeing him at Leeds, and when you figure out how to evaluate ANY player under Greggggg Berhalter, please let the rest of us know.

Players have bad loan spells it can happen for a number of reasons. I bet if Emi was linked to Barcelona or Real they wouldnt be complaining about his poor loan spell at Getafe

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Dybala has €12m release clause, he has had niggling injuries in his time at Roma so might be open to a move to us where we don't use him as much and manage his body better. Can play with Watkins or instead of him in no9. 

No, we are already struggling to move on Coutinho and with this release clause he will want a huge contract

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

No, we are already struggling to move on Coutinho and with this release clause he will want a huge contract

He clearly can't be on huge wages at Roma no way they can afford it. So we'd offer wages we think fits. I think issue would be length of contract he wants which probably means we wouldn't take him on. 

I got bored of reading about Dybala's release clause on here and twitter last summer and looks like going to have to keep reading about this summer.

I'd like to think the club will have learnt from the Coutinho deal and plus I don't think he would come to us anyway. 

22 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

He clearly can't be on huge wages at Roma no way they can afford it. So we'd offer wages we think fits. I think issue would be length of contract he wants which probably means we wouldn't take him on. 

He took a pay cut to join Roma but is on 140k a week and thats why he has the release clause

I didn't realize Dybala is as old as he is, for some reason thought of him as being mid-twenties. If Duran was to leave I think we would replace him with another youngster of similar profile, rather than the Abrahams, Dybala, Adams, Wilson, Iheanacho, types that have been mentioned

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I didn't realize Dybala is as old as he is, for some reason thought of him as being mid-twenties. If Duran was to leave I think we would replace him with another youngster of similar profile, rather than the Abrahams, Dybala, Adams, Wilson, Iheanacho, types that have been mentioned

It would depend on cost, style and needs.  Emery might like a loan deal or short term, one or two year deal for an older head to help us through a more challenging season ahead and who has European competition experience.  Looking for the right younger player may take more time and budget so maybe for a later window.  I’m not a fan of the names you mention but I would understand if we decide to bring a few older/experienced heads in to help and maybe back up striker might be a good place.  It’s all down to whose available and cost at the end of the day.

12 hours ago, Pez1974 said:

If we sell Dougie for (say) £60m (he's in his prime, but only has 2 years left on his current deal)
And buy Gallagher for (say) £40m (on a 5 year deal)
Are we weaker?

From a PSR perspective, we've got about a £50m swing from those 2 deals based on the assumptions above.
So I guess we can definitely keep JJ, we've got a 'homegrown' player for Europe and it gives us a lot of space to do more.

Adding Barkley too, and then let Monchi wheel and deal on the players on the fringes - it could give us a lot of space to add real quality elsewhere.

I don't like it, but it seems to be as good as it might get - especially if we can get other players Emery wants.

I see the point you are making. If we get Gallagher and for me that is a big if.... Dougie is available every week (other than when suspended) though and unless he wants to leave (which I doubt) UE wants to sell, or his contract has a release clause, Juve can jog on. He is one of our "untouchables" imo and if we were selling, I would be looking for the sort of money West Ham got for Rice last summer, I know Juve wouldn't be able to pay that and if everyone else felt that price was too high, then all the better and let's give him a new contract.  

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, John said:

I see the point you are making. If we get Gallagher and for me that is a big if.... Dougie is available every week (other than when suspended) though and unless he wants to leave (which I doubt) UE wants to sell, or his contract has a release clause, Juve can jog on. He is one of our "untouchables" imo and if we were selling, I would be looking for the sort of money West Ham got for Rice last summer, I know Juve wouldn't be able to pay that and if everyone else felt that price was too high, then all the better and let's give him a new contract.  

Rice is a better player than Luiz and he's younger. 

We won't get near £100m for Luiz. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rice is a better player than Luiz and he's younger. 

We won't get near £100m for Luiz. 

Then we don’t sell

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9114rmuwls5krjt4nx5p

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If the club is offered anything above £70m, they'd sell. 

We just don’t know what their fee line is.  It could be 60m (I very much doubt it) but it maybe £90m…who knows!  I think it’s more likely to be the higher end than the lower end.

• Like 2

Apparently we wont be selling to rivals and we wont be getting more than 40/50 million from teams in Italy for a player

Just now, Zatman said:

Apparently we wont be selling to rivals and we wont be getting more than 40/50 million from teams in Italy for a player

Sounds about right!

Â