MaVilla

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i call b*ll*cks

the press said he was gagging to join Arsenal

he didn't

Here's the tricky part though.

Could be few other things.

A player may have been caught off guard by the clubs " willingness " to do a deal for him and be like " ok then... F*CK it "

Other scenario as intimated... Could be new contract negotiations dance and agent games.

Thirdly, could be us making the choice that he is most saleable asset at peak value and who we can get the most return for.

Lastly... As always... It could be absolute bollox.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A player may have been caught off guard by the clubs " willingness " to do a deal for him and be like " ok then... F*CK it "

Other scenario as intimated... Could be new contract negotiations dance and agent games.

Thirdly, could be us making the choice that he is most saleable asset at peak value and who we can get the most return for.

It did cross my mind, too.

• Like 1

I called this a YAWN at the beginning and I'm wobbling on that but still cant see how this can be anything but BS. 

Why would we accept 40m euros for a player with 2 years on his deal who got 10 goals and 10 assists in the last year, just become a Brazlian international and never gets injured. 

Declan (bargain of the season supposedly at £100m) only got 7 goals and 10 assists. I'd argue he's given more licence to go forward in the Arsenal system than Luiz is. 

• Like 2

I hate this window already. Had a feeling we might not net spend this summer, and lose a couple of favourites. Swapping Dougie for McKennie with a measly 15-20 million on top is exactly the kind of horror I was dreading.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I hate this window already. Had a feeling we might not net spend this summer, and lose a couple of favourites. Swapping Dougie for McKennie with a measly 15-20 million on top is exactly the kind of horror I was dreading.

The window doesn’t open until June 14th. Dougie hasn’t gone yet it might not even happen. Enjoy the next few weeks and worry when things have actually happened not before they MIGHT happen.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I called this a YAWN at the beginning and I'm wobbling on that but still cant see how this can be anything but BS. 

Why would we accept 40m euros for a player with 2 years on his deal who got 10 goals and 10 assists in the last year, just become a Brazlian international and never gets injured. 

Declan (bargain of the season supposedly at £100m) only got 7 goals and 10 assists. I'd argue he's given more licence to go forward in the Arsenal system than Luiz is. 

No one of any legitimacy or credibility has even mentioned it… it’s absolute nonsense from clickbait BS spouting Italian media. We should be used to it by now, every flipping window… some fake shite or other is constantly spread around.

Just don’t get all the fuss and furore… nothing to see or believe here.

I hope we can establish, what we want any prospective new signings  (added to our squad) to do, in terms of strengthening us.

Personally, I am not looking for like for like replacements.....I have looking for new weapons or strengths to be added.

We must, know by now, where our weaknesses are, and we should recruit, accordingly.

I hope we don't just sign players, because they are available, with no thought for what we need.

Maybe, my distrust, of previous regimes, has me nervous.

27 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It's not the net spend, in isolation that's the issue.....its fixing the things that need fixing, that's paramount.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we wanted to sell him, or he wanted to leave - the chances of it being Juventus or any Italian club is (you would think) laughably low even if we did want McKennie - (which feels to me just like a reheated link from years back).

1: We would get more if we sold him to a Prem club
2: He's more likely to want to go to a Prem club
3: At the very point we get Champs League he decides he wants to leave the club he has been on a journey with and employs his bird

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

No one of any legitimacy or credibility has even mentioned it… it’s absolute nonsense from clickbait BS spouting Italian media. We should be used to it by now, every flipping window… some fake shite or other is constantly spread around.

Just don’t get all the fuss and furore… nothing to see or believe here.

Di Marzio is about as reliable as they come. We can hope it doesn’t happen, and it might not. But there is a legitimate journalist covering it. 

3 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Di Marzio is about as reliable as they come. We can hope it doesn’t happen, and it might not. But there is a legitimate journalist covering it. 

Is he? He’s come up with some fake stuff or stories that didn’t materialise iirc… unless I’m confusing him with someone else.

He may just be regurgitating what the rest of the media there have been saying too 🤷‍♂️

I’m not ruling out a sale but I am ruling out underselling or selling for a crap fee or swapping for a relatively shite player. Can’t believe that we would do a deal that didn’t benefit us as much as possible…

Nothing from Romano or any British journos… not a peep.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

This may well be too

Would be oddly specific to have Weston McKennie as a condition in a release clause but then again football is odd these days :D 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

No he’s not, even the Italian fans don’t call him a credible journalist 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is he? He’s come up with some fake stuff or stories that didn’t materialise iirc… unless I’m confusing him with someone else.

He may just be regurgitating what the rest of the media there have been saying too 🤷‍♂️

I’m not ruling out a sale but I am ruling out underselling or selling for a crap fee or swapping for a relatively shite player. Can’t believe that we would do a deal that didn’t benefit us as much as possible…

Nothing from Romano or any British journos… not a peep.

Connect the dots:

1. Monchis trip to Turin

2. One of most accurate Italian journos reports on what they are discussing 

3. We are known to be close to the PSR edge.

Its not really a stretch to accept that we are considering selling him to juve. I don't think Monchi would go there if they had no chance of singing ging him.

Edited by Czarnikjak

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

Connect the dots:

1. Monchis trip to Turin

2. One of most accurate Italian journos reports on what they are discussing 

3. We are known to be close to the PSR edge.

Its not really a stretch to accept that we are considering selling him to juve. I don't think Monchi would go there if they had no chance of singing ging him.

1. Could be enquiring about signings, rather than sales. Could be discussing any player(s), not necessarily or solely Dougie.

2. Is he? Ok, maybe it’s being discussed but that doesn’t mean it will happen or Juve can make us a good enough or appealing offer. We can reject it. Like I said, I’m not ruling out a sale but will rule out a terrible deal or underselling Dougie, he’s amongst our most valuable players.

3. We don’t know the exact details of this and hardly anyone expected us to qualify for CL and boost revenue streams so quickly. We have plenty of players, some who aren’t important or crucial, that we can sell too. We have done the best that we could… given the circumstances. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

I can believe that we may sell Doug. I've always thought we might have to sell someone we didn't want to and, due to his contract length, desirability etc, his sale makes more sense than pretty any other.

But I just can't see why we would want Weston McKennie, he looked like a competition winner last time he played in the PL.

Hopefully it's all bull though and we can keep Doug and McKennie can go any where but here

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Could be enquiring about signings, rather than sales. Could be discussing any player(s), not necessarily or solely Dougie.

Agreed, we’ve been linked with other players over there before like Iling-Junior, even Moise Kean (that I really don’t want), Raoul Bellanova…

Â