Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

A month to sort a medical and contract? Interesting.

It may be something like Luton don't formally get relegated until the end of June and whatever break clause there is kicks in at the start of July.  Plus he's probably on holiday at the moment.

• Like 1

Yes i can agree barkley adds needed depth, but a reminder we had this guy before more than two seasons ago and nobody batted an eyelid when he left so lets just wait and see

PS this guy was one of my favourite players in his everton years

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Feels really silly to spend money on a player we already let go once 

Well, I guess he has shown at Luton, that he can play a lot better, than he did with us.....plus the fact that Unai, perhaps feels he can get the best out of him.

It's a gamble....even 50 mill ones are.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So with Barkley i can imagine theres room for probably only one more midfielder 

I hope so.....maybe the type we really need....to get Dougie Firing again, and protect the back line.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Disagree. If you are looking at Barkley he covers 4 positions for us. Maybe 5 if you count DM vs like minnows.

We could still easily sign a primary DM and a B2b/DM and he'd still be looking at getting 20 games worth of minutes. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

If we wanted him we'd have signed him for 13 mil last summer. 

Does Kamara's long term injury make this more important now?

13 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I dont see this, he's more likely the Dendonker replacement in the squad.

6 hours ago, thabucks said:

AWB is also on around £90-100k pw depending which source you believe - far too much for someone so limited IMO … if he’s the answer what the **** is the question and I’d also question what’s the point of Monchi & co. Rather we play KKH & Kosta than waste money on a one trick pony 

FYI that is roughly the average salary for the league now

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, paul514 said:

he is supposed to be free?

I’m sure somebody explained why that wasn’t the case a week or two ago on this thread, I can’t remember why.

Posted (edited)

I think the big question is, does Unai want a CDM?

or does he just want better general midfielders, for the positions we already have.....I am genuinely unsure.

I don't really care how he does it....but we are conceding too many goals, and that needs fixing.

If he fixes that and we become harder to score against, I will be happy.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We also should capitalise on our new status......These champions league places don't come around too often....we need to take advantage of that.

No disrespect, but we could sign Weston McKennie, if we finished mid table.

Pretty much the above. It's an opportunity to kick on a level and close the gap to the usual top four by bringing in CL quality players.

The opportunity may not be there for some time again?

Â