Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Juve are still in a bit of a mess financially (still owe Ronaldo €10-20m) and have been scrambling to rebalance the squad from some of the expensive older players to younger and more Italian players. They also don't have a squad that suits Motta from where they have depth so can absolutely see someone like a Chiesa being sold (as would bring in decent funds). Whilst i like him, I'm not sure he would suit the PL  -  sorry @Jas10!

spacer.png

shut it, he’s world class

39 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

I dont think well buy any "big money" players 

I think well buy sensible squad players to boost the overall ability to last out a 60 game season in all competitions and be competitive.......

So I think well buy the £15-23M kind of range player, proven experience and will be able to "hit the ground" running without that settling in period............ 

Thats why I think well see people like Barkley, Gallagher, Zaha, Smith-Rowe, Ndidi, WanBissaka etc...........

No evidence to this, just my thoughts

spacer.png

• Haha 2

On 01/06/2024 at 13:52, _AA_786 said:

Thanks for this. As others have made the point, we need a proper DM to cover rather than trying to get other midfielders to make do for half a season that could scupper our hopes of top 4/5

We seem to be debating sales more than incoming of late. As they say, you strengthen from a position of dominance as others will be trying to catch up.  So even if we have to get all freebies, we keep this teams core for next year

We also should capitalise on our new status......These champions league places don't come around too often....we need to take advantage of that.

No disrespect, but we could sign Weston McKennie, if we finished mid table.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Whenever I watch him (which I admit isn’t that often) he’s either stand out good or completely shit. Never anything in between. That kind of inconsistency can be infuriating. 

.....and expensive.

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

I think well buy sensible squad players to boost the overall ability to last out a 60 game season in all competitions and be competitive.......

So I think well buy the £15-23M kind of range player, proven experience and will be able to "hit the ground" running without that settling in period............ 

Thats why I think well see people like Barkley, Gallagher, Zaha, Smith-Rowe, Ndidi, WanBissaka etc...........

I don't either, because it's quite possible, we can't, due to restrictions.

so these links to expensive transfer fee's are likely to be BS.

However, there are some quality players, who could strengthen us, maybe, towards the end of their careers( waiting for some academy players to mature, and commercial deals to kick in) with low T/Fee's, who would tide us over, until we can spend again.

We have to be savvy with all this.

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

That list of players nearly made me throw up ☹️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Adbo9 said:

Would be such a waste of money and cramping us badly for future expenditure if those are the type of players being brought in.  Gallagher aside, that’s just the kind of signings you’d do if you intended to consolidate a midtable position.  I’m not expecting to splash the cash but if we spend multiples of £15-23m on those type of players it would be a really poor summer.

• Like 2

On 01/06/2024 at 13:18, Jas10 said:

Well… his contract’s running down so we could pay a reduced fee… depends on his wage demands and interest in joining us…

Worth a try 😉 

....or whether, it fits with the attributes we need as a team, to enhance our strength.

It all very well, signing good players.....but we have good players already....The big question is, do they improve the weaknesses in the team?

I think we have clear weaknesses, and clear strengths......The improvements need to be centred around the area's that improve the team as a whole.

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Actually surprised if it is that much, not sure why but I was picturing something more like £1-2m. Either way, he's relatively inexpensive and gives a better option off the bench than Donk/Chambers

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

....or whether, it fits with the attributes we need as a team, to enhance our strength.

It all very well, signing good players.....but we have good players already....The big question is, do they improve the weaknesses in the team?

I think we have clear weaknesses, and clear strengths......The improvements need to be centred around the area's that improve the team as a whole.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Feels really silly to spend money on a player we already let go once 

Archer will be our first summer signing :flag:

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Feels really silly to spend money on a player we already let go once 

There would have been a option price that was likely too much. He is a different player, given his travels he is clearly determined, and showed up last season for a poor team. Was notably quality when we faced Luton too, wont have gone unnoticed.

Happy with this one: solid, versatile and an unquestionable, dependable level of quality

• Like 4

Â