Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I appreciate that we do need to add one or two bodies to the squad this summer who will more than likely play limited minutes, but I feel going into a Champions League campaign that anyone who comes to the club as a ‘starter’ has to tick every box that the man they’re replacing ticks, and then be an improvement in at least one, but ideally multiple areas. Every player simply has to be comfortable on the ball, with the way the Unai wants us to play, it is an absolute minimum requirement imo.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, lexicon said:

We do need him to be good in possession, though, and he's not really that. 

I agree that he's a very good defender but I don't think he has the skillset to play in an Emery team. 

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I like wan bassaka as he can actually defend and defend excellently.  Hw is terrible offensively but we dont really need him to do that

AWB is very poor positionally similar to Cash. Whilst he is a better 1 on 1 defender he is also similarly bad in possession. I'd say they are overall fairly equivalent. I'd only sign AWB if he was very cheap. Like the 10 mil quoted and we sold cash for like 20-25 and still brought in another player over the top. But even that is still an inefficient usage of resources. 

AWB is also on around £90-100k pw depending which source you believe - far too much for someone so limited IMO … if he’s the answer what the **** is the question and I’d also question what’s the point of Monchi & co. Rather we play KKH & Kosta than waste money on a one trick pony 

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

if he’s the answer what the **** is the question

Who is the former Crystal Palace defender who now plays for Man United?

sorry thought we were playing Jeopardy 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, thabucks said:

AWB is also on around £90-100k pw depending which source you believe - far too much for someone so limited IMO … if he’s the answer what the **** is the question and I’d also question what’s the point of Monchi & co. Rather we play KKH & Kosta than waste money on a one trick pony 

Who would be one of the greatest right backs in the world if it were 2002?

• Like 1

Just now, Wes said:

In a Corriere dello Sport article out this morning, mostly discussing Guendouzhi's future at Lazio, there is a small section that states that Aston Villa are willing to bid 30m euros (£25.6m) for him should he become available.

That’s still a great price for him. Versatile and loves Unai. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wes said:

In a Corriere dello Sport article out this morning, mostly discussing Guendouzhi's future at Lazio, there is a small section that states that Aston Villa are willing to bid 30m euros (£25.6m) for him should he become available.

The Italian media are full of crap. An article has just come out explaining the Mckennie links. But even that I take with a pinch of salt

https://sportwitness.co.uk/club-tell-aston-villa-fee-needed-to-sell-monchis-targets-astronomical-figure-not-logical-for-pl-side-discount-needed/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

And for all those Chiesa fans out there, there's a report in the paper edition of Corriere dello Sport that Motta is happy to sell Chiesa this summer because he wants a winger better suited to his 4-2-3-1 system. The Article mentions Greenwood and Savinho as preferred replacements.

I can't find an online version of the article, but can see the news in the actual paper in their tweet below. Specifically lists that Roma are interested and they may listen to offers north of 25m euros (£21.5m).

Edited by Wes

Juve are still in a bit of a mess financially (still owe Ronaldo €10-20m) and have been scrambling to rebalance the squad from some of the expensive older players to younger and more Italian players. They also don't have a squad that suits Motta from where they have depth so can absolutely see someone like a Chiesa being sold (as would bring in decent funds). Whilst i like him, I'm not sure he would suit the PL  -  sorry @Jas10!

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Well we didn’t pay the 15m for him last summer, not sure we would pay near double that this summer,  especially when their new manager has dropped him and obvs doesn’t want him

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Wes said:

Whenever I watch him (which I admit isn’t that often) he’s either stand out good or completely shit. Never anything in between. That kind of inconsistency can be infuriating. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Well we didn’t pay the 15m for him last summer, not sure we would pay near double that this summer,  especially when their new manager has dropped him and obvs doesn’t want him

Yes yes yes.

He's a year on, not had a great season, and now they don't want him.

57 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

But he’s been poor for the last 18 months, I wasn’t a fan of him before that either.  Just don’t think he’s at our level whether a regular starter or good squad player.

"What we can confirm is that we have received several written offers - not only from Bayern. Many clubs, especially from the Premier League, have been very interested in Assan. There are teams from England who would like to sign Assan directly for their first team in the summer. We will make the right decision soon"

I dont think well buy any "big money" players 

I think well buy sensible squad players to boost the overall ability to last out a 60 game season in all competitions and be competitive.......

So I think well buy the £15-23M kind of range player, proven experience and will be able to "hit the ground" running without that settling in period............ 

Thats why I think well see people like Barkley, Gallagher, Zaha, Smith-Rowe, Ndidi, WanBissaka etc...........

No evidence to this, just my thoughts

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thabucks said:

No way is AWB an upgrade on Cash and shouldn’t be in any conversation with us. 

He's basically Konsa though so I assume we want to keep Ez more centrally next year rather than shifting him out to RB every third match.

Depends what people want from the next RB I think. We probably need to work out what we're going to get from our LB in the long run first I think with Digne's future uncertain.

1 hour ago, _AA_786 said:

Juve are still in a bit of a mess financially (still owe Ronaldo €10-20m) and have been scrambling to rebalance the squad from some of the expensive older players to younger and more Italian players. They also don't have a squad that suits Motta from where they have depth so can absolutely see someone like a Chiesa being sold (as would bring in decent funds). Whilst i like him, I'm not sure he would suit the PL  -  sorry @Jas10!

Chiesa would be better for our style than Zaniolo, much more direct so would make the impact Bailey has this season I'm fairly sure.

My only worry is he was getting to elite standard, did his ACL and might just now be a good player with not much room for improvement as he hits mid 20s.

Â