Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Thought this was worth a mention considering our need at the position to cover Kamara... Moretto reporting that Feyenoord's 24yo midfielder Mats Wieffer will be leaving this summer. He's in discussion with a number of Premier League sides and one team in Italy.

The link to Liverpool with Slot is an obvious one that journalists might make. Spurs fans seem to be getting excited hoping it's them.

No link at all to us beyond the fact we are also a PL club looking for a good defensive midfielder, so put it here just in case.

How many defensive midfield players do Spurs want? 

23 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Juventus must have this sort of offer in mind: So I got a job 🎉...and I am as shocked as you are! 🤯 - DEV Community :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)

IF we do get McKennie I’d hope we’d have someone like Wiefer, Ugarte or Javi Guerra lined up as the direct Luiz replacement and McKennie is added to the squad as an option and trust the club to do the right thing. 

Edited by thabucks

19 minutes ago, picicata said:

McKennie for Luiz? 

On the grounds that the people who run our club are not insane I think we can safely put that in the bullshit pile

Yeah this is total BS otherwise next deal is swapping Dendoncker for Bellingham 😂

4 hours ago, CVByrne said:

We talk about Kamara a lot but it's worth showing this in relation when he got injured and our xGA. This is a 10 game average across the PL games since Emery's 10th game in charge up until the end of last season.

image.thumb.png.e35f46aa25e3ce61336e4bb24d9b0445.png

The orange line is the xGA and we see our defensive record improve during our 10 game unbeaten run in 22/23 season and our defensive xGA drops from 2 per game to 1. It stays between 1 and 1.5 from then for the next 35 game weeks (the rise from our low of 0.95 xGA at point 16 begins after Mings is injured). It rises at times but that appears to correlate to our attacking output rising also (ie we are more attacking and thus a little more open defensively). The Man United game is point 40 where Kamara does his ACL our rolling xGA is 1.23 at that point and our xGA rises up to 2 and stays there basically while our attacking output falls off a cliff also. Now a lot of this is down to fatigue and a massive injury list to the squad as a whole.  

However it does show how important Kamara is, you add the above rolling xG to the fact we conceded 2 goals on average per game where Kamara didn't play and 1.1 on average when he did. We add in that he has a pass completion success rate of 90% and is in top 13% of all midfielders for that. 

We simply are not going to find a player as good as him that we can afford to bring in. Especially as Kamara will play 70-80% of games for us when fit. I feel Emery needs to find a solution with players we have got, or players we bring in or consider a Loan. I think we need to find another simi;ar profile player to Kamara but likely one who is a younger player we can bring through.

I really really wish Kamara hadn't dine his ACL. We would have won the ECL and busted the 70 points with him fit.

I agree a lot here and agree that Unai will favor a hybrid solution over a DM. 

Kamara was the only gift from Gerrard and his combination of talent on and off the ball is hard to replicate. 

Unai will favor possession and on the ball ability at that CM position over athleticism and defensive cover. I’m sure that will leave people scratching their heads but that much was clear when he continually deployed Youri over McGinn in the double pivot when it came down to it. 

We should look to sign the Atalanta midfielder Ederson, can cover Kamara while he’s out and can also play in more central positions if needed.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I agree a lot here and agree that Unai will favor a hybrid solution over a DM. 

Kamara was the only gift from Gerrard and his combination of talent on and off the ball is hard to replicate. 

Unai will favor possession and on the ball ability at that CM position over athleticism and defensive cover. I’m sure that will leave people scratching their heads but that much was clear when he continually deployed Youri over McGinn in the double pivot when it came down to it. 

I kinda agree here. I don't think we'll be signing a player we all see as a DM ala Kamara in terms of skillset. I think we'll sign two different midfielders who are more all rounder players which high levels of athleticism like say Gallagher and he'll have his next phase of the teams structure mapped out. 

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

AstonForza on Facebook Instagram said linked to Assan Ouedraogo from Schalke, 18yr old 

Florian Plettenberg is the source for this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There's no chance we sell Luiz this summer, he had a poor end to the season but played almost every game in a brilliant season.

The consistent performers who have helped get the club into the Champions League just won't be sold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wes said:

Florian Plettenberg is the source for this.

He’ll be one of the top players in Europe in a couple of seasons, apparently got a release clause of £12mil, hopefully we are after him 

28 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

There's no chance we sell Luiz this summer, he had a poor end to the season but played almost every game in a brilliant season.

The consistent performers who have helped get the club into the Champions League just won't be sold.

You may be disappointed 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

You may be disappointed 

Pity as it would be, obviously they have a plan to make us competitive next season so the incomings will more than offset any loss. We’re all so used to seeing our best players sold and not replaced it’s easy to forget that model is the past. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The annual NXGN lists are back for another year, highlighting 50 of the most incredible talents to have been born after January 1, 2005

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/lists/nxgn-2024-best-wonderkids-football/bltc65fc7aa012056f4#cs577f7c2f8fb3e657

Sverre Nypan, Desire Doue, Antonio Nusa, Assan Ouedraogo,  & Roony Bardghji (post injury) are the type of players we should be targeting now before they move and cost at least 3/4 times as much within a season or two. Thats where the value is at - securing the best young talent first and early - not spending £30mill plus on Summerville’s etc 

I can see maybe two max finished article players purchased  each season and the rest made up of young talented players who will grow and develop either with us or out on loan. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 3

Â