Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We talk about Kamara a lot but it's worth showing this in relation when he got injured and our xGA. This is a 10 game average across the PL games since Emery's 10th game in charge up until the end of last season.

image.thumb.png.e35f46aa25e3ce61336e4bb24d9b0445.png

The orange line is the xGA and we see our defensive record improve during our 10 game unbeaten run in 22/23 season and our defensive xGA drops from 2 per game to 1. It stays between 1 and 1.5 from then for the next 35 game weeks (the rise from our low of 0.95 xGA at point 16 begins after Mings is injured). It rises at times but that appears to correlate to our attacking output rising also (ie we are more attacking and thus a little more open defensively). The Man United game is point 40 where Kamara does his ACL our rolling xGA is 1.23 at that point and our xGA rises up to 2 and stays there basically while our attacking output falls off a cliff also. Now a lot of this is down to fatigue and a massive injury list to the squad as a whole.  

However it does show how important Kamara is, you add the above rolling xG to the fact we conceded 2 goals on average per game where Kamara didn't play and 1.1 on average when he did. We add in that he has a pass completion success rate of 90% and is in top 13% of all midfielders for that. 

We simply are not going to find a player as good as him that we can afford to bring in. Especially as Kamara will play 70-80% of games for us when fit. I feel Emery needs to find a solution with players we have got, or players we bring in or consider a Loan. I think we need to find another simi;ar profile player to Kamara but likely one who is a younger player we can bring through.

I really really wish Kamara hadn't dine his ACL. We would have won the ECL and busted the 70 points with him fit.

Thanks for this. As others have made the point, we need a proper DM to cover rather than trying to get other midfielders to make do for half a season that could scupper our hopes of top 4/5

We seem to be debating sales more than incoming of late. As they say, you strengthen from a position of dominance as others will be trying to catch up.  So even if we have to get all freebies, we keep this teams core for next year

• Like 3

If anyone is to be sacrificed for the greater good then Konsa is the obvious one for me … don’t take this as I want him sold whatsoever but out of the players we can sell for pure profit he’s the easiest to replace … 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

More often injured than Hause 😂

It’s the headline that made me laugh.

Could have said Haaland or Mbappe and it would be exactly the same.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s the headline that made me laugh.

Could have said Haaland or Mbappe and it would be exactly the same.

Ha ha, he’s probably not quite the same level as those two, but agree it’s super unlikely. Although I never thought Mason ‘Mr Chelsea’ Mount would leave either. 

Thought this was worth a mention considering our need at the position to cover Kamara... Moretto reporting that Feyenoord's 24yo midfielder Mats Wieffer will be leaving this summer. He's in discussion with a number of Premier League sides and one team in Italy.

The link to Liverpool with Slot is an obvious one that journalists might make. Spurs fans seem to be getting excited hoping it's them.

No link at all to us beyond the fact we are also a PL club looking for a good defensive midfielder, so put it here just in case.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He’s the perfect midfielder for us and if there’s an ounce of truth in us moving on Luiz then his signing would soften the blow somewhat. 

Edited by thabucks

Posted (edited)

Why would anyone take a risk on Reece James whose massively overvalued for the amount of game he’s missed  due to his horrific injury record. 

IMG_0129.png

Edited by thabucks

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Why would anyone take a risk on Reece James whose massively overvalued for the amount of game he’s missed  due to his horrific injury record. 

IMG_0129.png

thats insane.

wouldnt touch him with a barge pole, clearly a busted flush, 83 games missed through injury in 3 years, blimey, thats some going.

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Reece james if fit is probably the best RB in the country but no thanks if hes missing season after season 

He as close to anyone as the new Kyle Walker but constant injuries when he's coming up to mid 20s and his physique are big warning signs. Pretty similar to Shaw on the other side.

With the DM I think this will be a season loan so probably a case of waiting until the end of the window and seeing who becomes available.

The season starts a week later than normal so think we only actually play two games before the deadline so can see that signing being August 31st job.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He was complete rubbish at Leeds.

He's not quick enough for the Premier League, IMO. He does in better in Serie A for a reason.

1 hour ago, Wes said:

Thought this was worth a mention considering our need at the position to cover Kamara... Moretto reporting that Feyenoord's 24yo midfielder Mats Wieffer will be leaving this summer. He's in discussion with a number of Premier League sides and one team in Italy.

The link to Liverpool with Slot is an obvious one that journalists might make. Spurs fans seem to be getting excited hoping it's them.

No link at all to us beyond the fact we are also a PL club looking for a good defensive midfielder, so put it here just in case.

He’s be a great option for our DM role and could give the option of playing him with Kamara when he’s fit again as he’s a bit more offensive than Kamara is. A kind of Luiz/Kamara hybrid (25:75)

• Like 1

Â