Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

I can't believe people are actually still debating mckennie.

Do people forget he has actually played in the PL?, and was terrible?

So bad not a single PL club signed him after his PL loan ended.

You could say the same about Barkley that he had to go to France and then Luton to recover some form. Players are allowed bad seasons, hell our own captain had a stinker of a 2022

If was a choice and I hope its neither but McKennie be a better signing than Gallagher

• Haha 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

Get him

spacer.png

Yeah he's right at the top of midfield targets for me. Only 1 year left on his contract so available for a cut price too.

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara will likely get back on the bench in late Nov and then mins in Dec. Hope to be back match fit by Jan. So effectively misses half the PL season and almost all of the CL group games. We need a plan for this, one option is keeping Dendonker until January and then Loaning him out again. Realistically though we need an alternative to Kamara in the squad, Tielemans is the best alternative we have atm. He was excellent when paired with McGinn for Arsenal and Bournemouth games. 

How many CMs will we need in the squad? If we add Barkley and Gallagher is this the right balance in terms of midfield? I really don't know what Emery is thinking for the next phase of evolution for the team. Is an option having an inverted full back and 3 CBs? 

We could be up against real madrid in a few months, is barkley and gallagher names you feel will be able to go against a side of that magnitude 🤔 and thats the way i will always look at it

Its absolute no to Mckennie and Soule looks good but he plays in an area we have covered so no again unless we are signing someone on the left too

4 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Joao Felix & Ferran torres are options worth looking at being as barca need the cash.

Dont think we’ll upset our wage structure or not too drastically… if we can keep top/important players at 100-150k I think we’ll try n do it. Just guessing, but I don’t think we’ll stretch beyond 200k for a “star player”…

just doesn’t make sense and isn’t all that sustainable, we can’t unsettle existing players too… we don’t necessarily need big names but players that can help us out and invest or “buy in” to our overall ethic and structure. No egos or prima donnas please…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Joao Felix & Ferran torres are options worth looking at being as barca need the cash.

Felix is owned by Atletico Madrid. Sure they'd be delighted in getting rid thou.

16 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We could be up against real madrid in a few months, is barkley and gallagher names you feel will be able to go against a side of that magnitude 🤔 and thats the way i will always look at it

I look at us as we need to get top 5 next season and we need a squad to be able to do it while playing 56 games in a season. 

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Forget those two, for now anyway, but our players have already beaten sides like City and Arsenal. Don’t forget that we finished 4th in the PL and with injuries and suspensions - imagine what we would have achieved with a fully fit squad.

Young players are kind of “in vogue” now too and there is a lot that can be done with potential… the likes of Rogers and Ramsey can be “good enough” against big teams. Especially if the team is well set up and performing around them… we’re not actually that short on quality but we are on depth.

This isn’t FM, we can’t go out and splash the cash or just go after names. That doesn’t always work either… look at teams like Man Utd and Chelsea who have overpaid for overhyped players that have turned out to be crap. And shown themselves as disruptive, egomaniacs too…

We can’t upset the balance and harmony of the squad… got to make the right additions and not based off of name, rep, wage packet etc.

We have to be savvy, wise, intelligent… a few free transfers or low cost deals for players on expiring contracts would be wise, so long as they are if the required quality/standard.

Unai and Monchi are known for finding “rough diamonds” and/or polishing them too… 

• Like 2

I know he played for Emery before and previously linked to him so Guendouzi would be a great signing in a position Villa need. Currently on loan so probably available.

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him at Villa next season.

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I look at us as we need to get top 5 next season and we need a squad to be able to do it while playing 56 games in a season. 

Okay which is fine so who we throwing on top of those names then in which case?

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Forget those two, for now anyway, but our players have already beaten sides like City and Arsenal. Don’t forget that we finished 4th in the PL and with injuries and suspensions - imagine what we would have achieved with a fully fit squad.

Young players are kind of “in vogue” now too and there is a lot that can be done with potential… the likes of Rogers and Ramsey can be “good enough” against big teams. Especially if the team is well set up and performing around them… we’re not actually that short on quality but we are on depth.

This isn’t FM, we can’t go out and splash the cash or just go after names. That doesn’t always work either… look at teams like Man Utd and Chelsea who have overpaid for overhyped players that have turned out to be crap. And shown themselves as disruptive, egomaniacs too…

We can’t upset the balance and harmony of the squad… got to make the right additions and not based off of name, rep, wage packet etc.

We have to be savvy, wise, intelligent… a few free transfers or low cost deals for players on expiring contracts would be wise, so long as they are if the required quality/standard.

Unai and Monchi are known for finding “rough diamonds” and/or polishing them too… 

I understand but we still need to improve mate, look at our last 10 games we’ve been far from good enough so we will need to improve the team in areas, im not saying superstars necessarily but players of a certain ilk, i think people are under the impression i want us to go out and sign the hyped players no that is not the case. Despite beating City and Arsenal we still need to bring in some quality, sentiment has no room in football unfortunately and im not saying being horrible and ship everyone off but changes will need to be made.

Edited by RicRic

On 30/05/2024 at 22:10, paul514 said:

i havent seen the posts that this post is in reply to........ are you seriously saying you wouldn't sell Watkins for 200m?

On 31/05/2024 at 01:15, paul514 said:

Someone said they wouldn't sell for 200m

I didn't say I wouldn't sell him, I said I wanted to know who we would replace him with (that's better or not much worse and gettable).

Now the only suitable candidate that's been suggested I think is Osimhen, who would still be a drop off. For £200m you could also invest elsewhere, so it would be worth considering in that unrealistic scenario.

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Felix is owned by Atletico Madrid. Sure they'd be delighted in getting rid thou.

Yeah your right there, but correct atletico will want to get rid, of course i expect emery and the crew to check on their commitment and motivation levels before discussing any deals.