Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

MaVilla

43 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I already mentioned Rogers.

McGinn, Grealish pretty much count as a 'long time ago' don't they or do you want to start throwing Dwight Yorke into the mix as profitable transfers?

Philogene's 5 mil - not really going to cover Kamaras wages for even one year - Archer is coming back isn't he so until sold permanently doesn't quite fit your argument- yes we made some money on Chuk and Ramey but not big bucks. 

Luiz wasn't a cheap signing at the time.

Ramsey was the last player who came through the youth team set up to play regularly .

Free signings on mammoth wages don't count in my book, even if they are good business overall.

But yeah you can cherry pick what you like and change the criteria of the argument to suit yours if that makes you feel better but our scouting and youth system isn't yet up to par yet, but is improving every year. We are doing a lot of things right, just love us to bring in some more leftfield signings - which we are getting linked to already so think Monchi will work that magic.

I didn't realise we were having an argument and there were certain rules to the discussion. I just threw out a few names from the top of my head.

Is there a time limit you were thinking off?

Archer was sold permanently. We are now going to buy him back permanently (and then maybe sell him again permanently).

Ok, no free signings - didn't realise that was a rule. 

Dwight Yorke (26 years ago)n is the same time period as Grealish (3 years ago)?? Hmmm ok. 

Luiz was pretty cheap, and again you hadn't specified they had to be under a specific value. 

Right, so on your specific criteria, Villa are crap at finding players. Ok.

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I didn't realise we were having an argument and there were certain rules to the discussion. I just threw out a few names from the top of my head.

Is there a time limit you were thinking off?

Archer was sold permanently. We are now going to buy him back permanently (and then maybe sell him again permanently).

Ok, no free signings - didn't realise that was a rule. 

Dwight Yorke (26 years ago)n is the same time period as Grealish (3 years ago)?? Hmmm ok. 

Luiz was pretty cheap, and again you hadn't specified they had to be under a specific value. 

Right, so on your specific criteria, Villa are crap at finding players. Ok.

No you seem to be setting the rules/specifics as you did from your response. You can't have an argument if you make up the criteria as you go along and cherry pick the bits you don't like, you sought to contradict me, your opinions are yours, I actually agree with most of it and a lot I don't as it's perspective and opinion. And you're adding words you claim i said that I didn't say and ignoring things I did. Your angle seems to be that I can't criticise the club when i'm not, just saying things i'd like to see more of, and confident we will see more leftfield signings and are already lining up more uncut gems.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Confused 1

The links with Weston McKennie makes me cringe.....we don't want to get mixed up with swap deals, like we did with Stephen Ireland....clubs dumping their dressed up players on us.

I am not in favour of Swap deals anyway, one party is always likely to succeed and the other one fail.....We just have to make sure, we are not the one that fails.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, nick76 said:

Apart from being 6ft+ 😉

Fixed.....

The rack.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

The links with Weston McKennie makes me cringe.....we don't want to get mixed up with swap deals, like we did with Stephen Ireland....clubs dumping their dressed up players on us.

I am not in favour of Swap deals anyway, one party is always likely to succeed and the other one fail.....We just have to make sure, we are not the one that fails.

Wasn’t he the uninspiring loanee at Leeds

• Like 1

I mean it’s obvious made up Italian BS clickbait so as we are talking fantasy I’d go for a deal which includes Soule, Kenan Yıldız and a meaningful sack load of cash for Luiz oh and cambiasso thrown in also. **** McKennie being part of any deal 

3 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Could do with him 

We’ve been linked with him before, he’ll just end up at palace instead 

• Like 1

I honestly don’t care who we sign.

If the manager that has got us Top 4 thinks that the player will help us progress further then I’m all in.

I will leave my Football Manager based opinions at the door.

• Like 1