Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

If we lost Duran and Luiz, but got Gallagher, Soule and £40m, I’d probably just about be ok with that.

Then bring in Baena and our net spend would be minimal.

Won’t happen, but would improve us without impacting PSR negatively.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

Not one side are spending £100m on a player this window imo.

Those days are done for a considerable period. 

Disagree, someone will be buying Osimhen this summer and will likely have to trigger his £100m+ release clause or be very close to it.

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Play off the right. We have that side covered. Needs to improve his shooting. Missed a bag of shots. The team he played for last season got relegated.  

Loads of talent there no doubt. Needs more development.

We need a left mid / winger. Whoever we do sign to play left wing needs to do good defensive work.

2 hours ago, Pongo Waring said:

Play off the right. We have that side covered. Needs to improve his shooting. Missed a bag of shots. The team he played for last season got relegated.  

Loads of talent there no doubt. Needs more development.

We need a left mid / winger. Whoever we do sign to play left wing needs to do good defensive work.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

So bad, he said it twice.

Think Eric Djemba Djemba's parents thought the same

Edited by _AA_786

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

If we lost Duran and Luiz, but got Gallagher, Soule and £40m, I’d probably just about be ok with that.

If you were making circa 100m profit on the book value of players you would be spending far more than that

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

But where is the striker to cover Watkins?

Not sure if this is ‘transfer speculation’ as such,  but we’re being linked with Antonio Fernandez Marchan… I don’t know much about him, but this bloke apparently does:

(A thread I’ve tried to copy here)

we haven't really uncovered uncut gems, youth or otherwise in a long time, (other than Rogers at a push).

we have some good young players coming through but as yet no one has broken fully into the first team

we can't sign big name players all the time, or players in the final years of their career, we need to be turning 5-10 million pound signings into 50+ million pound players, ideally. The hardest market to buy in, but if Brentford and Brighton can do it, surely we can get in the mix.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we haven't really uncovered uncut gems, youth or otherwise in a long time, (other than Rogers at a push).

Chuk - through youth team, sold for £20m to Chelsea.

Archer, Philogene, A.Ramsey - youth, sold for roughly £30m between them.

McGinn - bought for £3m aged 23 as a rough gem, playing in a nobody league in Scotland, now worth £50m and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Rogers - bought for £8m, if continues current trajectory could be worth £30-50m soon.

J. Ramsey - came through youth team, now worth £30-60m.

Grealish - through youth team, sold for £100m.

Luiz - bought for £15m aged 22 as a rough gem, only ever played for Girona since moving to Europe, now an integral part of the first team, worth £50-60m.

Kamara - brought in on a free, aged 22, from Marseille. Now integral to Villa and worth £40-80m.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Chuk - through youth team, sold for £20m to Chelsea.

Archer, Philogene, A.Ramsey - youth, sold for roughly £30m between them.

McGinn - bought for £3m aged 23 as a rough gem, playing in a nobody league in Scotland, now worth £50m and one of the first names on the team sheet.

Rogers - bought for £8m, if continues current trajectory could be worth £30-50m soon.

J. Ramsey - came through youth team, now worth £30-60m.

Grealish - through youth team, sold for £100m.

Luiz - bought for £15m aged 22 as a rough gem, only ever played for Girona since moving to Europe, now an integral part of the first team, worth £50-60m.

Kamara - brought in on a free, aged 22, from Marseille. Now integral to Villa and worth £40-80m.

I already mentioned Rogers.

McGinn, Grealish pretty much count as a 'long time ago' don't they or do you want to start throwing Dwight Yorke into the mix as profitable transfers?

Philogene's 5 mil - not really going to cover Kamaras wages for even one year - Archer is coming back isn't he so until sold permanently doesn't quite fit your argument- yes we made some money on Chuk and Ramey but not big bucks. 

Luiz wasn't a cheap signing at the time.

Ramsey was the last player who came through the youth team set up to play regularly .

Free signings on mammoth wages don't count in my book, even if they are good business overall.

But yeah you can cherry pick what you like and change the criteria of the argument to suit yours if that makes you feel better but our scouting and youth system isn't yet up to par yet, but is improving every year. We are doing a lot of things right, just love us to bring in some more leftfield signings - which we are getting linked to already so think Monchi will work that magic.

Edited by VillanousOne

5 hours ago, Wes said:

Just for the sake of discussion ( not my personal preference, nor do I think it likely)...

What about 40m Euros + Soule + McKennie for Luiz?

Nope no way with McKennie Wes.

but……40m plus Soule and Locatelli and I’m listening to offers

15 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

He's a better striker from a finishing perspective but doesn't offer Ollies workrate or working the channels so won't suit our system as much.

It's all hypothetical though 😅

Oh FFS I’ll never live it down or hear the end of it. 🙄🤣

but yes it’s definitely ALL hypothetical lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

But where is the striker to cover Watkins?

Plus the FBs??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Disagree, someone will be buying Osimhen this summer and will likely have to trigger his £100m+ release clause or be very close to it.

Offer them £70mill plus Duran 🤷🏻… they can have the donk for free also - pointless conversation as we aint signing him 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I already mentioned Rogers.

McGinn, Grealish pretty much count as a 'long time ago' don't they or do you want to start throwing Dwight Yorke into the mix as profitable transfers?

Philogene's 5 mil - not really going to cover Kamaras wages for even one year - Archer is coming back isn't he so until sold permanently doesn't quite fit your argument- yes we made some money on Chuk and Ramey but not big bucks. 

Luiz wasn't a cheap signing at the time.

Ramsey was the last player who came through the youth team set up to play regularly .

Free signings on mammoth wages don't count in my book, even if they are good business overall.

But yeah you can cherry pick what you like and change the criteria of the argument to suit yours if that makes you feel better but our scouting and youth system isn't yet up to par yet, but is improving every year. We are doing a lot of things right, just love us to bring in some more leftfield signings - which we are getting linked to already so think Monchi will work that magic.

We got the young keeper and the RB. We had Duran. Rogers is here.  

We need 2-3 a year. That's it. We are on track. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â