Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, thejoker said:

It says we’ve offered Douglas Luiz to Juventus. They value him at 40m (€ I presume?), we might take McKennie or Soule as part of a deal. Would explain the flights to and from Italy in this past week. 

Yawn

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be suprised if there are any signings barring barkley until after euros. Always tough signing players when the tournament is on

You’re right, players are scattered far and wide plus risk injury, it adds to the usual complications involved with persuading a player to move his family and career potentially thousands of miles, his national team won’t be bothered about protecting his value from an injury in the same way that his club might be more inclined to do, once they’ve made the decision to part company. 

6 minutes ago, thejoker said:

It says we’ve offered Douglas Luiz to Juventus. They value him at 40m (€ I presume?), we might take McKennie or Soule as part of a deal. Would explain the flights to and from Italy in this past week. 

40m whether € or £ is just a complete joke, so calling BS on this

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, CroVillan said:

All jokes aside, there’s really not much between them. I honestly think Osmihen has a higher ceiling.

Osmihen would need to adapt to the prem. Players coming from Italy always struggle. Secondly he gets injured a lot. Meaning we would need two strikers to replace Ollie not one. Thirdly he doesn't have the hold up play that Ollie has. The main advantage Osimhen has over Ollie is pace. The guy is absolutely rapid.

Rather keep Ollie. Also no one is paying 200 million for Watkins. We can at most get 100 million, which simply isn't worth it. Any replacement would cost at least that, and they have the choice of the best clubs in the world. We can't compete with the likes of Real, Barca, Bayern, Citeh for players that would be first choice in those teams. 

We MUST keep Ollie. He and Martinez are the ONLY players we have that we genuinely can't replace in the short term.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I would be suprised if there are any signings barring barkley until after euros. Always tough signing players when the tournament is on

Think the same applies for a lot of clubs. Expect there may be a rush to complete signings next week as next weekend I'd imagine teams will start flying over to Germany for the Euros and I doubt players will be allowed to leave camp for medicals etc so expect the transfer market to be quiet when that starts. 

Also keep reading about June 30th being a FFP deadline, sure Villa and quite a few other clubs are close to the limit and will wait for July. Starting to think the media jumped the gun on Barkley because it was reported Villa were close to signing him well over a week ago and its gone radio silent. Unless he is costing Villa more then they thought. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, thejoker said:

€40m and Soule would still be a bad deal. I don’t buy this at all. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

€40m and Soule would still be a bad deal. I don’t buy this at all. 

Just for the sake of discussion ( not my personal preference, nor do I think it likely)...

What about 40m Euros + Soule + McKennie for Luiz?

Edited by Wes

Just now, Wes said:

Just for the sake of discussion ( not my personal preference, nor do I think it likely)...

If we are talking pounds I think that’s a good starting point. I still value Dougie. But Soule looks fantastic and can play various roles. McKennie has a lot of experience too. We’d get a lot of versatility out of them. I wouldn’t say that would be bad deal per se. 

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Kamada going to Palace.

They've got quite the selection of fun players behind the striker.

Kamada is such a talent. Good deal for them. 

Just now, Wes said:

Any deal that includes McKennie should be a non-starter.......not good enough for where we want to be.

• Like 2

Selling our current best midfielder and for approximately 40m would be ludicrous. Surely it would have to be an obscene amount for us to even consider selling him and by that I would think 80m plus. 

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Selling our current best midfielder and for approximately 40m would be ludicrous. Surely it would have to be an obscene amount for us to even consider selling him and by that I would think 80m plus. 

What about if there was a release clause? I remember when Arsenal were interested, we turned them down because they wouldn’t go up to £40 m, he signed a new contact soon after even though we were crap. Maybe £40m is his price?

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Kamada going to Palace.

They've got quite the selection of fun players behind the striker.

I reckon they may be losing at least one of Olise or Eze though. ( Or both )

Probably being smart and getting replacements in early.

Hope so anyway as they've started to look a bit too good for my liking 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, WallisFrizz said:

What about if there was a release clause? I remember when Arsenal were interested, we turned them down because they wouldn’t go up to £40 m, he signed a new contact soon after even though we were crap. Maybe £40m is his price?

Maybe so and obviously nothing we can do if there is but it would still make it a bad deal for us. He’s worth way more. 

Isn't the article saying that we value Dougie at €40m, not €40m + Soule? Obviously that's a massive undervaluation to us and I do think that figure is tosh, but I believe the days of multiple £100m PL transfers in a window (such as last summer) are gone. For at least the next few windows anyway. Transfer valuations will be much lower this window.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â