Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

31 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

They're thinking about signing Greenwood.

Any links/articles? Can't find any recent ones 

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Someone said they wouldn't sell for 200m

I'd fly over from Australia and drive him wherever for 200 Million :D I'd also cry the whole way

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Brum_Aus_Villan said:

I'd fly over from Australia and drive him wherever for 200 Million :D I'd also cry the whole way

Exactly

16 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Give it a couple of weeks...

Rumoured to be signing a few top players for number 9, I think they will have one before the season starts too.

27 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

I don’t see Liverpool offering stupid money for Watkins, so just don’t see it happening.

If someone did, the club would have to consider it and I trust Emery to find someone to replace him.

Man City for a long time had a false 9, Arsenal don’t have an outstanding 9. The benefits outweigh the negatives, see Grealish.

They aren't making a 9 figure offer, you're right.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Give it a couple of weeks...

True, but the point is they haven’t for the last couple of seasons.

The thing with selling our best players is we’re yet to try them in CL, and how will they do after our best season in years. We’ve seen how we’ve regressed. The last thing we need is to disrupt our progress. Every player has a price, and in a different situations I wouldn’t say no, but right now unless big offers comes I don’t think we’ll sell any of the best players. 
We should start building platform for replacements. Tielemans for example is someone who’s up there, Rogers aswell. We can’t just sell and try to find a replacement. We shall have a ready replacement and hope for an upgrade one (which might not success). Selling Luiz or Watkins should be next season not this one. While some of our summer signings will start showing success. 

• Like 1

I’m sure our board and management won’t spend big amount on Gallagher, they’ll just try and do a clever deal which will benefit Chelsea (and don’t harm us). They’ll also look at other targets. 
We’ll need a CB now that Hermoso link gone quiet.

5 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

He's a better striker from a finishing perspective but doesn't offer Ollies workrate or working the channels so won't suit our system as much.

It's all hypothetical though 😅

Does Ollie work the channels that much anymore?

7 hours ago, burchy said:

You don’t have to spend a fortune to get a decent striker, look at Openda, he wasn’t that expensive and he’s smashing it in Germany.

There are deals to be had out there people. 

He cost Leipzig more than our transfer record

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Arsenal are apparently signing Sesko

Interesting, would mean that the RB model works again*, wonder if Leipzig will sign Konate as his replacement 

* Ademyi has kind of disappeared at Dortmund hasn't he?

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Interesting, would mean that the RB model works again*, wonder if Leipzig will sign Konate as his replacement 

* Ademyi has kind of disappeared at Dortmund hasn't he?

Konate isn't good enough to step up yet probably needs another year

Adeyemi has become a bit of a joke but is doing ok in Europe

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He cost Leipzig more than our transfer record

Only just above our transfer record. £30m odd is nothing these days.

4 minutes ago, burchy said:

He cost 52 million euros overall which is about 45 million

42 minutes ago, burchy said:

I assume the prices are reducing right now after all the punishments that clubs are receiving. 
It’s a good and a bad things at the same time. Clubs won’t find it easy to get our best players, at the same time, it won’t be easy to get crazy amounts if we planned to, such as Chelsea with all those 100m players. 
We’re also focusing on a different market that the inflated one so we could maximize our advantage of what’s happening anyway. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â