Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

8 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It is an interesting one. I really cant remember Villa ever having a midfielder of that physical stature and attributes. 

8 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Whenever I've seen him play (not much) he's always looked decent...

Could be a quick fix or solution if there’s a reasonable and appealing deal to be done, especially if we can shift a bit of deadwood within it…

Only 22 and plenty to offer, give us the defensive cover we lack while Bouba is out (allowing Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans to play in their more natural and better positions) and can then compete with and even occasionally partner him. Adds physicality and aerial prowess which we lack in general…

Played well with Youri in Belgium’s midfield hasn’t he?

18 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

It is an interesting one. I really cant remember Villa ever having a midfielder of that physical stature and attributes. 

Ian Taylor perhaps ? For the height at least.

30 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Could be a quick fix or solution if there’s a reasonable and appealing deal to be done, especially if we can shift a bit of deadwood within it…

Only 22 and plenty to offer, give us the defensive cover we lack while Bouba is out (allowing Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans to play in their more natural and better positions) and can then compete with and even occasionally partner him. Adds physicality and aerial prowess which we lack in general…

He isn't a defensive midfielder.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Sell Watkins for £200m, who are we buying as a replacement?

I’ll wait.

Announce Mbappe 

Which would bo doubt also result in posts about him being overrated or having a bad attitude, wouldn't be surprised if someone outright declared him as shit tbh

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Fofana would be ideal to cover for Kamara and compete with him when he's back. Gallagher is ideal to cover the second pivot role.
Both would complete our central mid options giving enough to fight over the 2 plus 2 midfield roles along with Kamara, Tielemans, McGinn, Luiz, Ramsey, Rogers and Buendia - with a few of those covering forward roles too.

If Chelsea are pawning more of the silver, I really like Madueke too.

Edited by Mazrim

2 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Christian would enter the room stark naked and just slip into his wall-mounted white body stocking.

Could you point me in the direction of where one could purchase one of these nifty items?

Asking for a friend, of course. 

• Haha 1

Having athleticism in midfield is so important, particularly with the way many teams play at the moment, so I don't think it's a surprise to see links to players that fit that mould. It's an area we're sorely lacking in and I think where a lot of the conceded goals were coming from. As much as Luiz, Tielemans etc are great players, when a game starts going against you they are the kind that can be easily overrun. The squad needs some balance in that respect I feel.

• Like 2

Dont know who villa news are but they reckon we are after  the guy that single handingly destroyed us

Aston Villa are interested in a move for Olympiacos striker Ayoub El Kaabi.

Aston Villa now want to sign Olympiacos hero Ayoub El Kaabi – Exclusive

Matthew Chadder

Thu 30 May 2024 11:36, UK

Aston Villa are interested in a move for Olympiacos star Ayoub El Kaabi, Villa News understands.

El Kaabi was the hero once again, scoring the winning goal deep into extra time.

It was his 11th strike of the tournament, with five of those coming across both legs of Olympiacos’ semi-final win over Aston Villa.

Click

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I quite like him tbh, decent on the ball too! 

56 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ll wait.

For 200m you pull the trigger and don’t look back. 
who, there’s many a option it’s whether the forward options can adapt as quickly. 

for 200m ( wages depending) you’re talking 

Fofana 

ugarte

williams  and someone like Openda or Osmihen.

thats a ridiculous array of talent. Then it’s over to Unai to work his magic. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ll wait.

Osimhen (85m) 

New RB (35m)

New DM (50m)

Keep the rest for wages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

For 200m you pull the trigger and don’t look back. 
who, there’s many a option it’s whether the forward options can adapt as quickly. 

for 200m ( wages depending) you’re talking 

Fofana 

ugarte

williams  and someone like Openda or Osmihen.

thats a ridiculous array of talent. Then it’s over to Unai to work his magic. 

And we’d still need a striker

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Osimhen (85m) 

New RB (35m)

New DM (50m)

Keep the rest for wages. 

Well there’s an answer at least. I’m guessing he’d be a drop off in quality (who wouldn’t, that’s the point) but might be a net plus thanks to the other signings.

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Well there’s an answer at least. I’m guessing he’d be a drop off in quality (who wouldn’t, that’s the point) but might be a net plus thanks to the other signings.

Striker? I’ve named you two quality strikers.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

I don't know if he would be a drop in quality. Maybe for the first few months. He is an established CL striker. He is younger than Ollie.

He is a little like a fully developed Duran. Strong, aggressive, brilliant striker. 

And outside of Mbappe/Haaland and such, you can't get a more elite striker. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You don’t think Openda nor Osmihen are strikers?

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont know who villa news are but they reckon we are after  the guy that single handingly destroyed us

Click

He’s only been there for a season. He’s 31. He’s not leaving. I have no idea who this website is. Sounds like pure clickbait based on their win yesterday. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â