Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

35 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I'd rather put of signing players rather than selling them. There's no guarantee new signings will even work out if ever. It took Luiz about 3 years to get to this level. Also personally I wouldn't trust Tielemans in his role long term, not even McGinn really. I prefer the approach of signing cheap backups like Barkley, because I think the alternative leaves us weaker, despite better off financially.

I don't want to sell Luiz. my point is simply if we HAVE to sell a senior player he makes the most sense. As for alternatives we have not one, or two, but three. All high quality. And Barkley's stats last season were better than Doug's. So we.can handle losing him.

But if we were to lose Ramsey all we have to fall back on is Rogers who is better centrally. Additionally we won't have any Villa trained players in the first team squad. Meaning we could only name 21 players for the champions league squad.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gallagher feels unrealistic. Why would they sell a play that was captain for most of last season?

This. Gallagher will be playing at Chelsea next season.

6 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Totally agree Ric. Each to their own though I guess I just don’t see much in him myself tbh. 
look in reality 30m gets you didly squat these days in all fairness unless you strike gold like MR. Luckily we have someone like Monchi in charge that can do just that. Personally I’d see if we can get Ugarté on loan option to buy for say 45 next season and then when finances improve then tackle the Central midfield as such. Think we’re fairly sorted now with a fit Buendia, McGinn, Tiels, Dougie and MR

Ugarte is an excellent option but it seems like we are stuck in the british market based on all these links, last summer the type of players we were linked with were juicy and filled with optimism, we are now miles ahead in terms of position but for some reason linked with below average players imo.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mcginn has been a better performer than luiz this season , for the record i value them both pretty much the same and agree with what your saying but mcginn is worth abit more imo 

I love McGinn and think he’s brilliant but when Luiz is on form then McGinn is not even in the same league.  Luiz suffered because of all the injuries around him, him moving position because of those injuries plus playing 53 games.  So I know his form dropped in the last couple of months but he was the main man for most of the first half of the season and more.  Imagine if they were the same age, Luiz would still be worth more than McGinn imo, but I don’t think we should sell either this close season.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Ugarte is an excellent option but it seems like we are stuck in the british market based on all these links, last summer the type of players we were linked with were juicy and filled with optimism, we are now miles ahead in terms of position but for some reason linked with below average players imo.

That's because 99% of the links are bs!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listen the work rate, spins and aggression Mcginn puts in for our midfield is more valuable than anything I couldn’t care less about any other opinion because that is just fact 

Ps - im the same guy that wanted mcginn gone around the time Gerrard left so i have to hold my hand up and say i was 

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I love McGinn and think he’s brilliant but when Luiz is on form then McGinn is not even in the same league.  Luiz suffered because of all the injuries around him, him moving position because of those injuries plus playing 53 games.  So I know his form dropped in the last couple of months but he was the main man for most of the first half of the season and more.

Ive not seen Mcginn play as poor as ive seen Luiz play at times this season, i think mcginn is more consistent performer but Luiz on his day is better than mcginn yes 

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I think our financial position re: FFP etc is a major factor. I think we’re navigating through the next couple of seasons and trying to stay where we’ve obviously surprised others and ourselves. 
when heck discussed  his train analogy of our financial position compared to our footballing status he wasn’t waffling. Unai has exceeded all expectations and I truly think his too to get us where we are. so not its like “shit” have to sign x and y type players without the funding. We’ll find a way and personally it’s free agent time atm, when the window actually opens, loan some player, sell some players I think links will beef up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I think our financial position re: FFP etc is a major factor. I think we’re navigating through the next couple of seasons and trying to stay where we’ve obviously surprised others and ourselves. 
when heck discussed  his train analogy of our financial position compared to our footballing status he wasn’t waffling. Unai has exceeded all expectations and I truly think his too to get us where we are. so not its like “shit” have to sign x and y type players without the funding. We’ll find a way and personally it’s free agent time atm, when the window actually opens, loan some player, sell some players I think links will beef up.

Yeah this where my opinion is at too. 

Not splash the cash kind of window. But a compromising window, where we going for cheaper players or selling to buy 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

I would rule it out…just because we have strong links with an agency doesn’t mean we are going to take on their weaker players with great expense.  We can’t afford to use budget on players that add nothing.

McKennie had a very good season for Juventus and the season before is looking a bit of a blip

Don't think we will sign him but he isnt shit

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Linked is the big word

I think Gallagher is for sale until 30/6, and then he's not. They desperately need to balance books and that date (if I understand the finances correctly, which I probably don't) is important for this year.

And I don't think we are buyers in this year's market, if that math is correct.

Just now, Zatman said:

Linked is the big word

It is thats why im not throwing shots at anyone however some are strongly reliable sources hence why my eyebrows are slightly raised

28 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

This. Gallagher will be playing at Chelsea next season.

No he wont. If he refuses to sign a new contract he is a goner. No chance they will let him leave on a free.

We have CL football to offer him and he probably knows afew of our boys through england.

He would be a brilliant signing- the energy he will add to our midfield will be superb

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

It was 4 months. 

Coincidently, the same amount of time Kamara was out. 

In fact no, not a coincidence at all.

• Like 3

Personally think we can cover the loss of McGinn whose stats aren’t hugely better than Barkley’s more than we can cover and add what Luiz brings when in form. But I wouldn’t sell either and think we remove the deadwood we will be fine in terms of PSR so discussing selling an asset is mute. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No he wont. If he refuses to sign a new contract he is a goner. No chance they will let him leave on a free.

We have CL football to offer him and he probably knows afew of our boys through england.

He would be a brilliant signing- the energy he will add to our midfield will be superb

Your first sentence says ‘he won’t’ be at Chelsea like it’s a certainty. That all hinges on the word ‘if’ in, your second sentence. 

I’ve no doubt he would do really well for us, but i personally think he will be at Chelsea next season. Captain of the his boyhood club etc. They’ll get their act together next season too and be a lot better than they showed this season. They finished very strongly this season. Gallagher is also loved by the fans their, and he know that too. He’s staying there.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â