Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gallagher feels unrealistic. Why would they sell a play that was captain for most of last season?

This is Chelsea 2024, they don't operate on the same level of reality as the rest of us.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gallagher feels unrealistic. Why would they sell a play that was captain for most of last season?

It’s Chelsea….its what they do. 
have a look at their past record of selling players that turn out elite. (not saying Gallagher will btw).

not sure how I feel about it. Not a bad player but hardly an improvement on what we’ve got. Is a toiler and puts in a shift which is a bonus. If wages and didn’t have to pay over 30m I’d say pull the trigger but if the supposed 140k a week wages being mooted then hang up and no thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I don't want to sell him. But if we have to sell a big player he makes the most sense simply because the fee that would be involved is probably only bettered by selling Ollie, plus we have 3 good alternatives for his role.

I'd rather put of signing players rather than selling them. There's no guarantee new signings will even work out if ever. It took Luiz about 3 years to get to this level. Also personally I wouldn't trust Tielemans in his role long term, not even McGinn really. I prefer the approach of signing cheap backups like Barkley, because I think the alternative leaves us weaker, despite better off financially.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anythings possible with the current regime, Boehly and Co, don't seem to do anything rationally. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't believe we're even entertaining selling Luiz. A couple of weeks of bad form is enough to put anyone on the chopping block it seems. Before that we were saying he was one of the best midfielders in the league, probably even the best after Rodri. 

Same goes for Ramsey, he's one of our best players. When on form he's one of the best left sided players in the league, but I can at least understand the logic behind this for FFP reasons etc. Still depressing, mind. A couple of years ago we were fighting tooth and nail to keep our star academy graduate, and now we're cool with floating the idea of selling our current one.

It was 4 months. 

• Like 1

You lot talking about selling Luiz so freely are absolutely bonkers, yes he dropped off in the last four or so months but he is still classy and as composed as they come, it appears many of you seem to be happy with Barkley and then Gallagher being our central midfield (as you like) signings this summer, DREADFUL level of ambition and we will see where that gets us next season, largely underwhelming and would see us regress like how Newcastle did IF things were to play out that way. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

It’s Chelsea….its what they do. 
have a look at their past record of selling players that turn out elite. (not saying Gallagher will btw).

not sure how I feel about it. Not a bad player but hardly an improvement on what we’ve got. Is a toiler and puts in a shift which is a bonus. If wages and didn’t have to pay over 30m I’d say pull the trigger but if the supposed 140k a week wages being mooted then hang up and no thanks.

We can get so much better than him so im not sure why we are stuck on him like there arent other players out there with more superior qualities.

• Like 1

Why aren’t captain fantastic or Konsa ever discussed when it comes to selling players for pure profit - Why is it only Luiz or Ramsey ? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, thabucks said:

Why aren’t captain fantastic or Konsa ever discussed when it comes to selling players for pure profit - Why is it only Luiz or Ramsey ? 

Because captain fantastic is fantastic for a reason SJM is indispensable esp after this season and Konsa is also highly valuable, Ramsey is not on that level at present and Luiz is more replaceable than Mcginn by far but still very valuable nonetheless 

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Because captain fantastic is fantastic for a reason SJM is indispensable esp after this season and Konsa is also highly valuable, Ramsey is not on that level at present and Luiz is more replaceable than Mcginn by far but still very valuable nonetheless 

Luiz isn’t more replaceable otherwise he wouldn’t have a valuation of 80-100m because the market would be a lot lower because there would be more supply of similar talent.  The reason he’s valued so high is because of his talent and there aren’t many that could replace him. If we sold Luiz we would struggle to replace more than most in the squad.  There would be very few like Martinez and Watkins that would be harder to replace.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Gallagher is a classic Emery player. 

Technically good, tactically astute and works his absolute socks off. 

Versatile as well, has played as a 6, 8 and 10 for Chelsea. 

Not surprised if we are interested in him. 

Can confirm

football-socks-with-holes-5220693.jpg

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

I love the Villa but there’s other things I’d be thinking about laying in bed at night lol

you clearly havent been married that long brother.

Your time will come.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We can get so much better than him so im not sure why we are stuck on him like there arent other players out there with more superior qualities.

Totally agree Ric. Each to their own though I guess I just don’t see much in him myself tbh. 
look in reality 30m gets you didly squat these days in all fairness unless you strike gold like MR. Luckily we have someone like Monchi in charge that can do just that. Personally I’d see if we can get Ugarté on loan option to buy for say 45 next season and then when finances improve then tackle the Central midfield as such. Think we’re fairly sorted now with a fit Buendia, McGinn, Tiels, Dougie and MR

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because they have to

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

you clearly havent been married that long brother.

Your time will come.

Brother more the reason to be thinking of such things lol

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Luiz isn’t more replaceable otherwise he wouldn’t have a valuation of 80-100m because the market would be a lot lower because there would be more supply of similar talent.  The reason he’s valued so high is because of his talent and there aren’t many that could replace him. If we sold Luiz we would struggle to replace more than most in the squad.  There would be very few like Martinez and Watkins that would be harder to replace.

Mcginn has been a better performer than luiz this season , for the record i value them both pretty much the same and agree with what your saying but mcginn is worth abit more imo 

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I do agree in a sense Nick but I also it really depends on your surrounds and set up. 
a Dougie under Gerrard or Smith would be half the price than that under Emery. 
same goes with Coutinho. His price would dropped by 60-70% after only 6 months after leaving Pool.

a coach can make a player flourish and reach his full potential, the league in which they play too is a major factor whether it suits their style of play. 

the talent is definitely there with Dougie and I love the bloke but the difference between him and Tielemans who was free is not 80-100m. 

in saying that glad he’s ours x

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â