Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

I know this part might be a little unpopular here, but I rate Gallagher slightly higher than I do McGinn. 

but, he would be a McGinn type player who is 5 years younger. Would absolutely love that signing. 

• Confused 2
  • Shocked 1

Posted (edited)

I was impressed with Gallagher last season. particularly the last half the season. An absolute grafter, technically good too.. I wouldn’t be opposed to having him here as a player. Just a smidge worried his wages/fee end up being a bidding war where the winner has to pay over the odds 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I don't think I'd even take McKennie on a free.

i agree.

i was lying in my bed recently and i thought...i wonder if we will be linked with a cr*p player like McKennie again this summer, after we were touted to sign him a couple of seasons ago, many VT fans got super excited, and then he turned out to be dire when he did end up going to a PL club.

It seems the cr*p links are still here.

I wouldnt take him on a free, waste of wages.

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Transfermarkt has us with 3% as an interested club for Olise but we are obviously stacked on the right with Bailey and Diaby.

He is such a a good player. Likely to go to another top 4 chasing rival. Heard on talksport Utd are close to signing them. 

Olise is a superb player, but he is injured...a lot.

Gallagher captained Chelsea for a good chunk of last season didn't he? Good leadership qualities are always going to be a positive.

He looked good last season, as well as his loan season with Palace. I think he'd be a great signing.

However, depending on finances for other players I'm not sure we need him.

I think we need someone who can play on the left wing, especially if Rogers is going to be used more centrally.

25 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Lets just get Gallagher in, weaken our rivals

There’s something beautiful about signing Chelsea’s 24yr old club captain. Made even more beautiful by the fact their best manager in however long, who had them playing some pretty great stuff in the second half the season, left because he didn’t want him to be sold.

Talk about weakening an opponent. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Just a smidge worried his wages/fee end up being a bidding war where the winner has to pay over the odds 

Martin O'Neill would've publicly agreed with this sentiment. And then gone and done the exact opposite.

:trollface:

• Haha 1

Gallagher is a classic Emery player. 

Technically good, tactically astute and works his absolute socks off. 

Versatile as well, has played as a 6, 8 and 10 for Chelsea. 

Not surprised if we are interested in him. 

• Like 4

I'm surprised by the Gallagher interest. I don’t see how spending 40 odd million and 150k in wages on a player that at best is a slightly better and younger version of John McGinn. We still have McGinn, who never seems to get injured, and quite frankly we have other priorities. 

Gallagher is a good player, but he doesn't improve the team, only the squad and for 40 million. Makes no sense. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Gallagher is a classic Emery player. 

Technically good, tactically astute and works his absolute socks off. 

Versatile as well, has played as a 6, 8 and 10 for Chelsea. 

Not surprised if we are interested in him. 

This. I imagine he can play out wide too. 

LM, AM, CM, DM. 

Personally, I think he'll be playing alongside Kamara as I think Luiz will be sold...

Could be wrong, but I think I'd rather lose Luiz than Ramsey. Duran will definitely go (probably to Chelsea)

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

This. I imagine he can play out wide too. 

LM, AM, CM, DM. 

Personally, I think he'll be playing alongside Kamara as I think Luiz will be sold...

Could be wrong, but I think I'd rather lose Luiz than Ramsey. Duran will definitely go (probably to Chelsea)

I don't want Duran to go. People say he has a bad attitude, I just see a young man desperate to succeed, giving his all. Yes he can get frustrated, but he is 20 years old.

Luiz out Gallagher in makes sense when Barkley is taken into account. But I don’t see how this makes us stronger.  At best it brings in 30 to 40 million net, and the squad maintains it's level.

If we move on Luiz we need a proper DM. Barkley, Tielemens, and McGinn can all do the Luiz role. But nobody can do the Kamara role.

I agree on Ramsey.

Edited by Philosopher
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Philosopher said:

I don't want Duran to go. People say he has a bad attitude, I just see a young man desperate to succeed, giving his all. Yes he can get frustrated, but he is 20 years old.

Luiz out Gallagher in makes sense when Barkley is taken into account. But I don’t see how this makes us stronger.  At best it brings in 30 to 40 million net, and the squad maintains it's level.

If we move on Luiz we need a proper DM. Barkley, Tielemens, and McGinn can all do the Luiz role. But nobody can do the Kamara role.

I agree on Ramsey.

I totally agree tbh. That DM is all important. Just not sure the club sees it that way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I totally agree tbh. That DM is all important. Just not sure the club sees it that way.

We have to hope. Because that's crucial for me. Defensively we look far more vulnerable when Kamara is out.

I think most links so far are bullshit. Just agents trying drum up interest and push up transfer fee.

Barkley is the only link with any traction. The rest are very loose. Not one offer actually made. 

Chelsea are desperate to sell players after missing out on Champions league. Spurs want Gallagher, but we know Levi is a miser, they're probably just trying to get more money out of those tight fists.

Edited by Philosopher

I can't believe we're even entertaining selling Luiz. A couple of weeks of bad form is enough to put anyone on the chopping block it seems. Before that we were saying he was one of the best midfielders in the league, probably even the best after Rodri. 

Same goes for Ramsey, he's one of our best players. When on form he's one of the best left sided players in the league, but I can at least understand the logic behind this for FFP reasons etc. Still depressing, mind. A couple of years ago we were fighting tooth and nail to keep our star academy graduate, and now we're cool with floating the idea of selling our current one.

• Like 2

Linked with Barkley and now Gallagher, there definitely seems to be a focus on getting more homegrown players in for PL and European squad rules.

I'm absolutely onboard with getting Gallagher in. He's a proper box to box workhorse with skills, a good attitude and a great engine.
I think he'll be the link between Rice and Bellingham for England too. I don't ever want to be in a position of having to play Luiz and McGinn together again. Ever.

I just wonder if he can play CDM until Kamara returns. Maybe. If not, we still need a player there.

55 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i agree.

i was lying in my bed recently and i thought...i wonder if we will be linked with a cr*p player like McKennie again this summer, after we were touted to sign him a couple of seasons ago, many VT fans got super excited, and then he turned out to be dire when he did end up going to a PL club.

It seems the cr*p links are still here.

I wouldnt take him on a free, waste of wages.

I love the Villa but there’s other things I’d be thinking about laying in bed at night lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I can't believe we're even entertaining selling Luiz. A couple of weeks of bad form is enough to put anyone on the chopping block it seems. Before that we were saying he was one of the best midfielders in the league, probably even the best after Rodri. 

Same goes for Ramsey, he's one of our best players. When on form he's one of the best left sided players in the league, but I can at least understand the logic behind this for FFP reasons etc. Still depressing, mind. A couple of years ago we were fighting tooth and nail to keep our star academy graduate, and now we're cool with floating the idea of selling our current one.

I don't want to sell him. But if we have to sell a big player he makes the most sense simply because the fee that would be involved is probably only bettered by selling Ollie, plus we have 3 good alternatives for his role.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â