Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

3 minutes ago, supermon said:

Transfermarkt has us with 3% as an interested club for Olise but we are obviously stacked on the right with Bailey and Diaby.

He is such a a good player. Likely to go to another top 4 chasing rival. Heard on talksport Utd are close to signing them. 

“Talksport”

I stopped reading as credible

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What’s this thread without the lazy annual Weston McKennie link

I wouldnt rule this out......... im not saying he is good, bad or indifferent or that we should sign him but hear me out

His agency is Wasserman and looking at their list of clients I get the feeling that we have some sort of agreement with that agency for taking players on.   A decent chunk of their players are either at Villa, have signed for Villa in recent times and a number are the players we are "heavily linked" to.............. so Id say that as a club we work closely with that agency..........

Ill caveat that with ive got no evidence to make that assumption, I just think that could be the case and the reason why we get linked heavily with certain players

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adbo9 said:

I wouldnt rule this out......... im not saying he is good, bad or indifferent or that we should sign him but hear me out

His agency is Wasserman and looking at their list of clients I get the feeling that we have some sort of agreement with that agency for taking players on.   A decent chunk of their players are either at Villa, have signed for Villa in recent times and a number are the players we are "heavily linked" to.............. so Id say that as a club we work closely with that agency..........

Ill caveat that with ive got no evidence to make that assumption, I just think that could be the case and the reason why we get linked heavily with certain players

I would rule it out…just because we have strong links with an agency doesn’t mean we are going to take on their weaker players with great expense.  We can’t afford to use budget on players that add nothing.

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Would prefer Guendouzi to McKennie.

Would prefer not bothering with either of them, neither add anything to the squad.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Would prefer Guendouzi to McKennie.

It's extremely likely we aren't interested in either of them and it's just agents using our name, again. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Geertruida and Gutierrez then please

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Is that it?  The Express might want to revisit the word dream  🤣

The express need to put down the crack pipe. one of the worst articles I've started to read. Got as far as Summerville and Brown, and shook my head!

Neither player would improve us. Not even the squad.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Just watched Archie Brown's YouTube highlights.

Let's just say they showed him getting into crossing position but cut to the next clip before he crossed. About 3 tackles in a 3 min video. 

Then he's playing in Belgium and previously Switzerland, and Derby youth!

Just no!

Edit; watched a few more videos. He can cross. Somewhat.

Edited by Philosopher

Summerville is a good player. Similar to Diaby in stature and pace, can finish, like to bend it into the far corner from the left. Not sure about his passing and crossing. His game is all about cutting inside and getting shots off.

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Let's just say they showed him getting into crossing position but cut to the next clip before he crossed. About 3 tackles in a 3 min video. 

Just no!

What i will say about him as my family know him personally is he is very motivated and practices on every single aspect each and every day even now in belgium, his desire for success is phenomenal, hence why he is outshining so many in Belgium but he has gone through so many set backs in england, but was determined to prove he deserves to be playing top football and hopes to make his mark in the big leagues, you wont find a more hard working young player than this kid i promise…looking at it from a supporter perspective he would be a good shout as back up but not good enough yet to be a starter for us, He's from up Kings Norton way 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Just no!

Clearly you have done an exhaustive analysis to have come to such a black and white conclusion. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Adbo9 said:

We were definitely forging closer links to Wasserman under Lange i know that for a fact ! But I’m not sure now under Monchi. 

Edited by thabucks

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, supermon said:

Transfermarkt has us with 3% as an interested club for Olise but we are obviously stacked on the right with Bailey and Diaby.

He is such a a good player. Likely to go to another top 4 chasing rival. Heard on talksport Utd are close to signing them. 

Of course they are. According to Talksport they get anyone that they want (including our manager), I guess it's their CL football and leaky stadium that attracts players. ;)

Edited by John

18 hours ago, nick76 said:

He’s not 6ft 4, he looks about 7ft tall and 5ft wide…. @TROwill be leaving his wife for him if he sees this.

too small.😁

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â