Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

two of Leeds back four in relegation played for RB Salzburg, Aaronson and Patson Daka were huge flops from Salzburg. Outside of that Adeyemi has failed

I be wary of dealing with them as they usually send the better players to Leipzig first

That big git up front for City flopped for Dortmund when he there straight from Salzburg as well to add to that list. 

5 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

That big git up front for City flopped for Dortmund when he there straight from Salzburg as well to add to that list. 

He is the only player that skipped past Leipzig from Salzburg and even then that was 5 years ago and was sort of planned by his agents. Players I mentioned all moved in the last 2/3 seasons

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

can you explain how you have come to a 14.5m PSR overspend?

When the club published its profit and loss earlier this year (up to may 2023) it gave a figure of 119.6m loss over the 3 year period.

PSR rules allow for a loss of 105m over a 3 year period which leaves the overspend at 14.6m technically

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

When the club published its profit and loss earlier this year (up to may 2023) it gave a figure of 119.6m loss over the 3 year period.

PSR rules allow for a loss of 105m over a 3 year period which leaves the overspend at 14.6m technically

Mate, no.

that is without allowed deductions which is a huge amount of it.

as an example we could have signed a 50m pound player on a 5 year deal for that accounting period where 50m leaves the clubs bank account. If the owners put that into the club then all that counts is amortisation for that transaction which is 10m a year.

you have stuff like stadium, women’s team, training expenses etc

Edited by paul514

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, sne said:

Linked to both Soler and Solet. Wonder who's next?

Solly Marsh 

Edited by paul514
Damn auto correct

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Mate, no.

that is without allowed deductions which is a huge amount of it.

as an example we could have signed a 50m pound player on a 5 year deal for that accounting period where 50m leaves the clubs bank account. If the owners put that into the club then all that counts is amortisation for that transaction which is 10m a year.

you have stuff like stadium, women’s team, training expenses etc

It just does not make sense to me releasing a loss figure like that without having the allowed deductions taken from it...for example Everton tried to use the losses during the covid period to appeal their point deduction...it failed.

I am no financial expert when it comes to football but in my business the profit and loss figures are usually released after all the cost reductions etc.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

It just does not make sense to me releasing a loss figure like that without having the allowed deductions taken from it...for example Everton tried to use the losses during the covid period to appeal their point deduction...it failed.

I am no financial expert when it comes to football but in my business the profit and loss figures are usually released after all the cost reductions etc.

Not an football finance expert either but similarly come from a Financial background where you're right... your published figures are a representation of the final Profil/Loss for an accounting period, inclusive of any deductions. However clubs have 2 different reporting obligations;

1. One to Shareholders, stock exchanges, companies house etc.  -  this would show the complete final figures as mentioned above
  2. A report into the footballing bodies based on their criteria. We may spend money on 15 different expenses but if they only consider 10 as part of their formula then we would provide the footballing authorities with a set of figures that differ from #1 but which comply with their requirements

The public get full transparency of #1 but #2 is murkier and we have to hope the club fully understands the formula in order to stay compliant with it. Purslow being an architect of it should mean we know the requirements better than most - i hope!!!

Edited by _AA_786
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

According to everyones favourite flight tracker, The Trees on twitter, key figures at Villa have been doing a lot of back and forth with Milan in recent days (the kind of movement suggesting something is close).

I think all this stuff is too far personally 😂 havent these people got lives ??

On 23/05/2024 at 14:09, RicRic said:

Its gonna be a slow painful window with the euros coming up isnt it guys 😤 all we’ll be doing is speculating for weeks.

Need some exciting names at least to keep me going other barkley and gallagher ffs 🤣

What was confusing about this @PaulMcGrath_5 btw, it will be as the euros slows down deals to be done and we will be plotting every move carefully due to budget etc, wasn’t saying its the clubs fault or anything but the reality is that its gonna be frustrating keeping tabs every day for potential new incomings and the rest of it, id expect Barkley to be announced within the next two weeks but after that we have no idea on what is being mapped out, we may sign two before euros (includes Barkley)  and 2/3 after that, i dont see no more that 4-5 players being signed this window and about 5-7 being offloaded.

Is Carlos Soler any good ? Also i know Gabri Veiga is talented but playing in the Saudi league you reckon that would have halted his abilities on the field as the competition is much lesser and then to play football with us in a high intensity league may be a difficulty or is he even worth the risk at all, but if he is then theres a deal to be had there.

24 minutes ago, RicRic said:

😂 havent these people got lives ??

Have you not seen the Gresford thread? 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or bringing Keinan home...

I literally just seen him in mellows bro, had a quick chat about his heroics and tucked into my meal, I thought he would be still in Italy though 😂 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Linked to both Soler and Solet. Wonder who's next?

Maybe were being sponsored by Cirque Du Soleil next season...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

The loss you are talking about is the real loss, FFP doesn't care about that. I can categorically say you are wrong in your assumptions in this case

Everton got in trouble for entirely different reasons too, the rules changed on debt interest from stadium work for example. They also came up with stupid shit like if we weren't forced to sell Richarlason at this point we would have got 80m.

Edited by paul514

4 hours ago, _AA_786 said:

Not an football finance expert either but similarly come from a Financial background where you're right... your published figures are a representation of the final Profil/Loss for an accounting period, inclusive of any deductions. However clubs have 2 different reporting obligations;

1. One to Shareholders, stock exchanges, companies house etc.  -  this would show the complete final figures as mentioned above
  2. A report into the footballing bodies based on their criteria. We may spend money on 15 different expenses but if they only consider 10 as part of their formula then we would provide the footballing authorities with a set of figures that differ from #1 but which comply with their requirements

The public get full transparency of #1 but #2 is murkier and we have to hope the club fully understands the formula in order to stay compliant with it. Purslow being an architect of it should mean we know the requirements better than most - i hope!!!

The club obviously understands what deductions are allowed.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â