Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Feel like we’ve been here before with the whole flight tracking thing and very rarely (if ever), has it ever amounted to anything.

Lost me £50 on the Solskaer furore! Fun times. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Chukwueze? Jovic? Barella? (he's in my Villa FC24 team) Dumfries? Frattesi? DiMarco?

There was a random link to Aslani a couple of weeks back. 

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Feel like we’ve been here before with the whole flight tracking thing and very rarely (if ever), has it ever amounted to anything.

There may have been some red herrings in the past and some... ahem, 'Flights of Fancy' with the data, but TheTrees is usually pretty good with this kind of thing.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Dunno I made a very tidy sum on Houllier becoming our manager thanks to thetrees ! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

I must also say I rate Duran very highly. There is a top player there with the right attitude and coaching. Pace, power, clean striker of the ball, workrate, determination, aggression. Once he has the movement and link up play down he'll be Drogba 2.0.

I agree that he has shown in patches that he has the raw talent and has the potential to be Drogba 2.0, BUT personality (attitude) could also result in him becoming Balotelli 2.0.... 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

I Don't disagree. But I'd like to take a look at Nedeljovic. Because if he looks really promising I'd prefer to go with the ups and downs of developing and really good prospect that just needs the opportunity to breakthrough. 

I don't think Dumfries is much of an improvement on Cash. Frimpong is going forward, but worse defensively, so quite frankly i don't see the point in either of those players. Right back is where we have been getting targeted and coming undone (other than set pieces). We need a defensive monster there. Konsa is too reluctant to go to his man as he is scared of getting turned.  With Bailey out there the cover isn't great either. Things worked better when Kamara was dropping in to make a back 3, but otherwise that's our achilles heel.

Ideally I'd like a rapid right back that can dribble, cross, and defend one on one. These guys are are treasure. Those that fit this mould are already at a top club or have their choice of top clubs.

I’ve watched a few Crvena Zvezda matches with him when fit and seems a solid prospect even held is own in CL but I don’t think he’s ready for the ruggers of PL just yet. 

I agree with a solid defensive RB someone like Wan Bissaka would be ideal then sell Digne and upgrade on LB too. Be an interesting window this next month or so, so we shall see what the heads have planned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yep.

Rashtica

Sorry I can't get Twitter or other social media links on this server, would someone kindly explain what's happening... Are we being linked with someone from Milan?

• Like 1

Honestly, the transfer window doesn't truly start for me until we get some flight schedule info from TheTrees.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, thabucks said:

#announceleao 😆

Bloomin hope not. Currently sitting in a bar on the canal in Milan and there’s a whole family next to me wearing Leao shirts!!! Give me 48 hours and I’m escaping quietly to lake como 😂😂😂

That Milan thing could have something to do with the women's teams' search for a new manager, which Monchi and Vidagany are involved with

4 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Sorry I can't get Twitter or other social media links on this server, would someone kindly explain what's happening... Are we being linked with someone from Milan?

There's a guy called TheTrees, he works at Birmingham airport in some capacity where he sees the flight logs and changes.

He made a few people a fair bit of money when we announced Gerard Houllier as the flight logs made it clear he was coming.

He'll have been tracking private jets and the manifestos to see who is coming/going and can see it looks like we might be bringing somebody in from Milan.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

'The Trees' worked out that we were in for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer after Houllier retired through ill health - all by tracking Randy Lerner's private jet. Think the intel was all absolutely spot on until Ole turned us down.......

Edited by El-Reacho

49 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I truly believe the club have to sell JJ just to settle the books with FFP, and being a homegrown player that should settle the PSR overspend of 14.5m.

Lucas Digne would be another one getting on in years and on stupid wages ,and i am sure will be moved on and replaced by someone with a better wage/performance/age ratio.

The impact of the new squad cost ratio by the premier league(After the scrapping of the 105m losses allowed over 3 yrs) in the coming season is yet to be ascertained and could have a detrimental affect on our signings.

6 point penalty next season but JJ contributing to Villa for a he next ten years. I’d take the deduction. Still back us to make European football

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

'The Trees' worked out that we were in for Ole Gunnar Solksjaer after Houllier retired through ill health - all by tracking Randy Lerner's private jet. Think the intel was all absolutely spot on until Ole turned us down.......

Yes, I remember that. I think we've had a few similar reports over the last few transfer windows of "active" flights but nothing has ever come of it.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â