Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

The thing with Rogers is he was far more dangerous picking up the ball centrally. He never really looked half as comfortable picking up the ball on the left hand side. Also defensively while he is big and put in the work, defensively he was very poor. Rogers has no 10 written all over him. I actually think our best home line up next season is (with everyone fit); 

Martinez

Konsa         Mings       Torres      Moreno

Kamara      Luiz  

Bailey                Rogers               Ramsey

Watkins

With Ramsey, Rogers, and Bailey, they're all going to have their fitness issues, so McGinn for example while not in that line up will always get loads of games as he is first in if any of the 5 players between the defenders and strikers are out. Tielmens is next in (for the 3 central positions) Plus we have a minimum of 48 games next season, and Kamara has his issues with fitness too. Plus I'd like us to be able to bench Luiz if he is playing as poorly as he has been the last 10 to 15 games or so, which is where Barkley comes in.

Then we have Duran for Watkins, Diaby for Bailey,  and Buendia (who won't be good enough in all likelihood injury and quality issues explained in my previous post) for Ramsey. If we assume McGinn plays no10 in aways games and against the tough opposition, then Buendia is the clear weak leak.

If you look at Mings, Konsa and Moreno. There are deficiencies there. Konsa isn't really a right back. Moreno is great going forward, so to is Digne but they're both vulnerable defensively.

Mings is coming back from an ACL and realistically won't be up to speed till the new year at the soonest. Plus a cb partnership of Konsa and Torres lacks aggression and aerial prowess. So a partner for Torres that is powerful in the air and aggressive in the challenge is ideal (Araujo is actually perfect for this even though unrealistic). I'd like to see Cash, Konsa and Mings as our back up defense. With Konsa getting rotated in at right back too. And Mings rotated in at either CB position.  However being very patient and careful with Mings. 

Agree with what you said and the squad looks sound but really need a quality RB. Konsa is not a RB and is much better centrally. 
other than that spot on 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CroVillan said:

Agree with what you see the squad looks sound but really need a quality RB. Konsa is not a RB and is much better centrally. 
other than that spot on 

I Don't disagree. But I'd like to take a look at Nedeljovic. Because if he looks really promising I'd prefer to go with the ups and downs of developing and really good prospect that just needs the opportunity to breakthrough. 

I don't think Dumfries is much of an improvement on Cash. Frimpong is going forward, but worse defensively, so quite frankly i don't see the point in either of those players. Right back is where we have been getting targeted and coming undone (other than set pieces). We need a defensive monster there. Konsa is too reluctant to go to his man as he is scared of getting turned.  With Bailey out there the cover isn't great either. Things worked better when Kamara was dropping in to make a back 3, but otherwise that's our achilles heel.

Ideally I'd like a rapid right back that can dribble, cross, and defend one on one. These guys are are treasure. Those that fit this mould are already at a top club or have their choice of top clubs.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Chukwueze? Jovic? Barella? (he's in my Villa FC24 team) Dumfries? Frattesi? DiMarco?

Interestingly, Milan have a friendly against Roma in Australia on Friday, and there are quite a few of the Milan squad that haven't travelled. Maigan and Chukwueze through injury, Pulisic and Leao haven't travelled for personal reasons, and then Mirante, Kjaer, and Bennacer haven't travelled for reasons unclear (mainly Google translate has limitations rather than any great conspiracy).

Not sure if we hold any interest in those, but Milan have been linked with Carlos previously, or as is often the case, could just be a chancer twitter looking for some engagement...

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo

I truly believe the club have to sell JJ just to settle the books with FFP, and being a homegrown player that should settle the PSR overspend of 14.5m.

Lucas Digne would be another one getting on in years and on stupid wages ,and i am sure will be moved on and replaced by someone with a better wage/performance/age ratio.

The impact of the new squad cost ratio by the premier league(After the scrapping of the 105m losses allowed over 3 yrs) in the coming season is yet to be ascertained and could have a detrimental affect on our signings.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I truly believe the club have to sell JJ just to settle the books with FFP, and being a homegrown player that should settle the PSR overspend of 14.5m.

Lucas Digne would be another one getting on in years and on stupid wages ,and i am sure will be moved on and replaced by someone with a better wage/performance/age ratio.

The impact of the new squad cost ratio by the premier league(After the scrapping of the 105m losses allowed over 3 yrs) in the coming season is yet to be ascertained and could have a detrimental affect on our signings.

If we have to balance the books. 
it doesn’t have to be JJ… Doug, big Emi Or Ollie could get the “profit” needed

also, maybe a mixture of a few players like Carlos, Cash, Tim, Digne. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

This overspend seems to be a bit of a myth. As I'm sure Villa stated that when transfer amortisation is taken into account the loss comes down 97m which 8m below the 105m loss permitted. In addition the previous two seasons due to the spend of the Grealish fee we broke even.

Given we have qualified for the champions league and a semi final run in the ECL, we shouldn't really have a deficit. In fact with the champions league qualification we should have 40 to 50m to spend. To go over that however we'd have to sell. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

Interestingly, Milan have a friendly against Roma in Australia on Friday, and there are quite a few of the Milan squad that haven't travelled. Maigan and Chukwueze through injury, Pulisic and Leao haven't travelled for personal reasons, and then Mirante, Kjaer, and Bennacer haven't travelled for reasons unclear (mainly Google translate has limitations rather than any great conspiracy).

Not sure if we hold any interest in those, but Milan have been linked with Carlos previously, or as is often the case, could just be a chancer twitter looking for some engagement...

#announceleao 😆

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â