Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

Signing two players we've immediately loaned out instead of a player we could have used like Dean Huijsen remains the strangest decision we've made in the market.

Maybe second behind selling Philogene to loan in Zaniolo actually.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Signing two players we've immediately loaned out instead of a player we could have used like Dean Huijsen remains the strangest decision we've made in the market.

Why do people keep saying this? Do you know that we didn’t try and get Huijsen?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How many times do you need to be reminded of that performance against Bournemouth. It was worth the loan fee alone!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Im going to stick my neck out for now and back these guys making the decisions, I have a feeling they may know what they are doing - Its just a hunch I have

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cb_82 said:

Im going to stick my neck out for now and back these guys making the decisions, I have a feeling they may know what they are doing - Its just a hunch I have

I know what I'm doing, doesn't mean I get it right all of the time. 

Im slightly worried for us this season and have us down to finish 6th or 7th… we have a weaker squad despite the claims that it is stronger… both Enzo and Dendocker have gone out on loan along with Iling jr, Diaby and Luiz to add to that list too..at least one of those between Enzo and Donk could have been kept for domestic competitions. 

Yes we are still playing impressive football but we are low on numbers especially  for players that can play at this level anyway… not adding to that RB/CB area will cost us, something we probably could have got done had we not spent the whole summer chasing after that golf ball head Felix 😒 Duran is proving that he is worth whatever we was going to pay for any striker as it stands, his Liverpool heroics late last season till now has been impressive. 

Edited by RicRic

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Our very own Academy product Brad Young just got a Saudi move!

FB_IMG_1725286538733.jpg

Looks like the start option in character creation for some RPG before you start fiddling with the hair, beard and so on. At least he's unlocked the generic football jersey for the inventory. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Im slightly worried for us this season and have us down to finish 6th or 7th… we have a weaker squad despite the claims that it is stronger… both Enzo and Dendocker have gone out on loan along with Iling jr, Diaby and Luiz to add to that list too..at least one of those between Enzo and Donk could have been kept for domestic competitions. 

Yes we are still playing impressive football but we are low on numbers especially  for players that can play at this level anyway… not adding to that RB/CB area will cost us, something we probably could have got done had we not spent the whole summer chasing after that golf ball head Felix 😒 Duran is proving that he is worth whatever we was going to pay for any striker as it stands, his Liverpool heroics late last season till now has been impressive. 

If you genuinely think we have a weaker squad there is absolutely no helping you. 

38 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

If you genuinely think we have a weaker squad there is absolutely no helping you. 

Mate we’ve added zero attackers and replaced Diaby with Philogene WEAKER 

No Tim,Donk,Luiz in midfield, and brought in Onana and Barkley WEAKER 

Maatsen replaced Moreno slightly stronger but Digne still starts so its not that great of an upgrade, but a top player nonetheless

We just had to start Bogarde who shouldn’t really be starting for us in PL games

btw i love the operations at the club but they should have done better here, there’s nothing wrong in saying that.

These are FACTS, so who needs help me or you ! ☝🏽

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Mate we’ve added zero attackers and replaced Diaby with Philogene WEAKER 

No Tim,Donk,Luiz in midfield, and brought in Onana and Barkley WEAKER 

Maatsen replaced Moreno slightly stronger but Digne still starts so its not that great of an upgrade, but a top player nonetheless

We just had to start Bogarde who shouldn’t really be starting for us in PL games

btw i love the operations at the club but they should have done better here, there’s nothing wrong in saying that.

These are FACTS, so who needs help me or you ! ☝🏽

So Luiz is so good he is better than TWO players who have better stats than him in almost every department aside from attacking  ... And we have quality attacking players who never featured last season back. Tielemans is also well capable of what Doug was in an attacking and assist sense too.

When did Tim and Dendonker become starters?

Digne is a quality player who literally just provided the assist which secured us 3 points last game and has just been called up by France.

Only place there may be a valid argument is at RB and truth is the players who helped us secure 4th last season as RBs are still here.

These are indeed facts... Not opinion.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A couple of weeks ago I thought we'd added a lot of depth with better quality back up players, and just needed a Geertruida type to enhance our RB/RCB options.  Since then we've loaned out SIJ and Enzo, sold Archer and let Dendoncker go on loan, so I'm less convinced about our strength in depth than I was,  even though we have two decent, experienced options per position except maybe RB and LCB until Mings is back.  No doubt some of those decisions were PSR driven and I guess we only have to make it until January.  Perhaps Unai sees Digne as temporary cover for LCB because he played him there in a couple of pre-season games.        

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Not really facts though, are they? It’s just like your opinion, man.

Mate ok I’ll rephrase less numbers than… because thats a fact ! 

27 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So Luiz is so good he is better than TWO players who have better stats than him in almost every department aside from attacking  ... And we have quality attacking players who never featured last season back. Tielemans is also well capable of what Doug was in an attacking and assist sense too.

Digne is a quality player who literally just provided the assist which secured us 3 points last game and has just been called up by France.

Only place there may be a valid argument is at RB and truth is the players who helped us secure 4th last season as RBs are still here.

Sorry i meant numbers in regards to facts and not quality… if its quality then it’s debatable 

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I said nothing about them being starters but they were  available to be called upon if needed… now who do we have !!! Its limited… some of you are blind to the fact honestly 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â