Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

15 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Really respected opinion on twitter.

Onana will easily be a £100m player next summer. I think he's going to be as important as Dougie was but in a different way. I think £50m was a bargain and he will continue to improve greatly under Unai.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

Transfer window champions West Ham only have three senior centre backs (I’ve been told that is an issue), two of which they signed this transfer window. 

Probably banking on being able to get away with it until at least January due to not playing in Europe this season. 

Considering how little Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal have spent it shows it isn't about getting bodies in necessarily as it is to improve the quality of the squad and to have a lower average age which will help with the long season.

Posted (edited)

Although Villa improved the 1st team in two positions, overall I found this window to be underwhelming. I think most Villa fans were expecting more quality to be added.

Champions League should have catapulted Villa's additions a notch above the previous quality but I'm not sure it did that. The signings would have come to Villa irrespective!

Villa have also put a lot of faith in a 18 year old RB who has already had a difficult beginning in league games so far. Yes Cash will probably be available in four weeks time but most on here were asking for him to be sold this window. He really isn't viewed by any Villa fan I know as top quality. So the weakness there remains. Yet Chalobah was available on loan until late in the window who not only would have improved options at RB but also at CB.

Irrespective of financial conditions that was an opportunity missed with no obligation to buy. Donk was moved on loan plus several other players yet Villa had no room for an upgrade at RB.

I also feel that Villa are putting a lot of faith in players returning from long term injury. Four in fact to bolster the squad! I'm not suggesting those players won't return to previous form but it is asking a lot with so many games to play!

Finally, if the rumours about Felix were true where did that extra money go to? Diaby was sold for good money yet not replaced. No doubt Rogers has done well but if Villa succumb to injuries this season again then there is still a distinct drop off in quality if those injured players coming back don't hit the ground running?

A lot more questions than answers presently and I'm not sure Villa have done enough this window to be competitive in Premiership, Champions League and cup competitions?

Edited by striker

8/10 transfer window for me. Considering the restrictions, I think we did very well. We've had to jump through a few hoops, but Monchi has worked wonders. 

SIJ, Enzo and Dobbin may have been PSR fluff deals, but good chance the first 2 can be moved on for profit. Dobin was a weird one, but they must see something in him.

Re: the sales, i'm probably more disappointed with Kellyman going as he looks a real prospect. Monchi said Unai wanted to keep him, but £19m for a kid is too good to turn down. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, striker said:

Irrespective of financial conditions that was an opportunity missed with no obligation to buy.

Incorrect

It’s not just the transaction fee that impacts financial restrictions but wages especially for SCR but also for PSR.  £100k per week adds over £5m impact to PSR and increases the SCR wages to revenue percentage.  Plus most loans have a material loan fee over and above the wages.  

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Onana will easily be a £100m player next summer. I think he's going to be as important as Dougie was but in a different way. I think £50m was a bargain and he will continue to improve greatly under Unai.

If Luiz only got us £25m plus a couple of unwanted prospects that we immediately got rid of for the season, why would Onana fetch us £100m?

45 minutes ago, Indigo said:

🎣

Entirely misses the point. Clubs are breaking rules and other clubs are struggling against the same rules because they don't want to get left behind but also don't want to get ruined as a club by a league that sees no issue with kicking "small(er)" clubs when they try their best but fail, but won't punish those who are knowingly circumventing the rules and get to lift trophies as a result.

In summary I'll say the same thing I say any time I listen to Metallica - **** off, Lars.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Qatari_Villan said:

Considering how little Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal have spent it shows it isn't about getting bodies in necessarily as it is to improve the quality of the squad and to have a lower average age which will help with the long season.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Are you on the Local Lions group mate?

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

🎣

If this is the guy I think, he's such a moron.

He plays in goal for a pub team and talks like he's got this incredible knowledge and understanding of goalkeeping.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, striker said:

Although Villa improved the 1st team in two positions, overall I found this window to be underwhelming. I think most Villa fans were expecting more quality to be added.

Champions League should have catapulted Villa's additions a notch above the previous quality but I'm not sure it did that. The signings would have come to Villa irrespective!

Villa have also put a lot of faith in a 18 year old RB who has already had a difficult beginning in league games so far. Yes Cash will probably be available in four weeks time but most on here were asking for him to be sold this window. He really isn't viewed by any Villa fan I know as top quality. So the weakness there remains. Yet Chalobah was available on loan until late in the window who not only would have improved options at RB but also at CB.

Irrespective of financial conditions that was an opportunity missed with no obligation to buy. Donk was moved on loan plus several other players yet Villa had no room for an upgrade at RB.

I also feel that Villa are putting a lot of faith in players returning from long term injury. Four in fact to bolster the squad! I'm not suggesting those players won't return to previous form but it is asking a lot with so many games to play!

Finally, if the rumours about Felix were true where did that extra money go to? Diaby was sold for good money yet not replaced. No doubt Rogers has done well but if Villa succumb to injuries this season again then there is still a distinct drop off in quality if those injured players coming back don't hit the ground running?

A lot more questions than answers presently and I'm not sure Villa have done enough this window to be competitive in Premiership, Champions League and cup competitions?

You must’ve missed the whole Geertruida saga if you think that about the RB spot. And it was known that Carlos was the main sticking point to that deal happening.

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

If Luiz only got us £25m plus a couple of unwanted prospects that we immediately got rid of for the season, why would Onana fetch us £100m?

Luiz went for a bargain fee because we were up the PSR creek without many paddles. Can’t really use that to judge future deals. Sure, if we are in the same place again we might have to sell someone for less than their full value, but that’s not an Onana-Luiz comparison…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

This aged well. Another Onana goal today. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â