Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

5 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Tell that to Arsenal. They don't have any out and out strikers. Or Man City. They just have one.

Jesus is a striker. That's a bad comparison. Both of those teams play (or can play) in a much more fluid way that negates the need for out and out strikers which comes from the philosophy of the managers.

Without Ollie Watkins, who granted has been an iron man in recent seasons, disrupts our entire system. Duran is nothing like him as a player. I'm just saying its a huge worry.

We had four players who scored double figures last season. Two of them have gone.

Edited by R.Bear

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Got us 4th last season

How many Champions League games did we play last season? And what do they say about standing still in football?

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Same out here in Qatar with BEIN in fairness, pretty much get every game, every league and competition plus loads other other sports and special events for one relatively low fee compared to what it seems ppl pay in the UK for even one package.

Fun fact, beIN sports was created as part of a bribe to get the French World Cup vote.

7 minutes ago, Radness said:

Fun fact, beIN sports was created as part of a bribe to get the French World Cup vote.

They did send me the Vuvuzela that when you used it, re-tuned your TV to BeIN so, i'm okay with this.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

How many Champions League games did we play last season? And what do they say about standing still in football?

Granted, we'll go stronger in the CL. But Unai knows how to maximise a squad - I've never known a Villa squad so completely maximised. No dross, just useful players, all over it. 

I think we’ve done really well, having a 5m net spend is a good thing. I think we’re much better than last season wether first team or squad wise. Not guaranteed success but that’s never a guarantee.

West Ham and Brighton showed that if you don’t spend a certain window, you still have the chance to do it next one (even while failing to go to Europe). So this is our next rebuild but with a much better bases. We’ve done the first one when we went up, then messed up a bit until Gerrard left. Now  because it’s hard to sustain the success I think we’ll move cautiously which is great. 
I wish we’ve got Geertruida for example but last season we were worse, only went to the season with Cash (although Konsa played there more). So with Kosta we’ve already upgraded that area. 
I don’t think Lenglet was that good anyway, Mings and Bogarde can do a similar job I guess with potential of more). 
Onana is currently more important than Luiz as Kamara isn’t back yet, once he’s back it will be a big ask for Onana to replicate Luiz form. For now we’re much better than without Onana. 

I think with 5m met spend we’ve done really well to build a bigger and better squad than last season, and a better first eleven as well. 
Could’ve been better? Yes. Do we better wait for the right deals and players? I assume yes. 
I was against Enzo leaving, but as we’re stuck with Dendonker it’s better for him to have decent minutes at Valencia, we can follow him and see what he’s made of.

• Like 1

Seeing all these potential players holding up shirts for the clubs they eventually signed to has got to be the lowest feeling of the summer, my stomach turned upside down knowing that at least one of them should be at villa park…Geertruida, Beier, Felix, Sancho *sighs*. 

Now it’s concluded ill start by saying the obvious we have a world class tactician, i say that whilst very frustrated by the last few weeks and especially this week. 

We finish probably 6th next season, not strong enough needed one or two more key signings

15 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

in all fairness he has hardly played any competitive matches 

Yeah absolutely, I'm certainly not going to write him off, I just thought he looked well off the pace in the pre season friendlies. Hopefully he comes good when he has opportunities during the season 

49 minutes ago, Monsieur Hazdazler said:

Yeah absolutely, I'm certainly not going to write him off, I just thought he looked well off the pace in the pre season friendlies. Hopefully he comes good when he has opportunities during the season 

Played a couple of cracking through balls at Walsall for archer, both of which he scored one that maybe shouldn’t have been. Just a taster of what he can provide.

Hope I’m wrong but I genuinely feel something has changed with club and ownership. Rules are rules but how are we so much more restricted than everyone else?  It feels like owners have made some mistakes in previous years and are trying to recoup it back now - sadly smells of the end of Lerner era.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, R.Bear said:

So whats the answer? We stock pile another forward who gets even more annoyed than Duran as he has two forwards in front of him?

In the 2nd striker role we have Rogers/McGinn/Tielemans/Buendia and then even beyond that you have likes of Bailey/Philogene who could play there 

8 minutes ago, Amed said:

Hope I’m wrong but I genuinely feel something has changed with club and ownership. Rules are rules but how are we so much more restricted than everyone else?  It feels like owners have made some mistakes in previous years and are trying to recoup it back now - sadly smells of the end of Lerner era.

The problem is that Emery has accelerated the club beyond its current financial income and so we are fighting against established CL clubs with regular CL revenue alongside bigger revenue in the main generally and we need that to catch up

I think this summer has been sensible although frustrating and can see if we can get through this season when all of that revenue arrives in next years numbers we will be in a much better position to go again with things

Have to keep the faith and remember that the whole thing is a longer plan and you have to stay patient as a club hence Unai signing up to 2029

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but the following cost less than the Stansfield transfer fee.

—————————Rogers—————————
Ramsey—————————————-McGinn
—————Tielemans—Kamara——————

9 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

At least you’re not aftertiming CV. You tell everyone about Villa’s ”ridiculously” good squad depth, then go beserk when a signing slips away: No dressing things up, before or after from you.

Exactly, that's not aftertiming, that's called reacting to new information. That's letting off frustration when a signing to complete the squad falls through. It wasn't really as much about the signing as I said it's more the fact it meant we are in a bad way financially at 80% Squad Cost Rule. We've cuts to make to get to 70% next year. 

52 minutes ago, Amed said:

We're not only one. Likes of Newcastle, Liverpool, Arsenal also didn't spend much net.

Chelsea and Utd are the outliers really in seeming to be able to spend as much as they want. Brighton spent big but that was prob from previous big sales like Caceido

6 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

Pretty sure he got that sort of deal when he left Peterborough. Any sane person can live comfortably without working on £1 million. The fact that these multimillionaires feel the need for a pay day contract in their early thirties is disgusting.

Think he was offered £100m over 5 years. It’s a similar proposition to the LIV golfers in being offered ‘generational’ wealth. He has his money made before now, but taking a deal like this means his family will be millionaires for generations to come. I guess it’s hard to get your head around without ever being in his position.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â