Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I find it bizarre that Ivan Toney ended up in Saudi for 40 mill.

No PL team or European team wanted him at the price? Very strange.

Unless he was offered a shit load of money.

He surely was offered insane money. May just end up staying a year but he's prob got the kind of contract that means he never has to think about working again. 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Haha 

I like him as an Ireland fan but he would be a very desperate 5th choice. For his faults Lenglet is way superior for example

And before you ask no, Richard Keogh and Shane Duffy are past it 😛

I'd say he's worse with the ball, and better without it than Lenglet. He's been part of a few sides that have given us some kickings!

Just chucking a free agent out there, no way it'll ever happen.

Right now, I'd trust him ahead of Bogarde or Swinkels though. They might have enough one day, but IMO they'd have a tough old time right now - especially the way our centre halves have to play!

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I'd say he's worse with the ball, and better without it than Lenglet. He's been part of a few sides that have given us some kickings!

Just chucking a free agent out there, no way it'll ever happen.

Right now, I'd trust him ahead of Bogarde or Swinkels though. They might have enough one day, but IMO they'd have a tough old time right now - especially the way our centre halves have to play!

I dont know how to describe but yeah he is a good ball winning defender but maybe not good enough on the ball for Unai

Edited by Zatman

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wow...had no clue about this!

Peacock, which is the streaming service for NBC who has Premier League broadcast rights, simulcasted Sky for the Deadline special.

America has a bunch of things wrong with it, but the price I pay to watch every Premier League game, all the European games, most Championship games... it is a steal. Truly, the opiate of the masses.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Can't he be picked up any time? 

He can yes. My surprise is more that he didn't sign with anyone before the start of the season and is still available. Maybe he's injured or holding out for big money

10 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

Hermoso hasn't signed with anyone still. That's a weird one 

Means he can still sign after the deadline. Maybe his demands will lower or actually increase once everything has settled. Seems money is more important than the career .

That's my flippant view and don't stand by it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

PSR PSR PSR PSR PSR, the answer is **** PSR.

It will kill the English game. Nothing they've ever done has safeguarded clubs while also promoting competition at the top level, and nothing they've planned for next season and beyond will change that.

Nobody like Toney should ever be going to Saudi, but that's where we're at now. He's not considered an affordable proposition for prem clubs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, _AA_786 said:

He can yes. My surprise is more that he didn't sign with anyone before the start of the season and is still available. Maybe he's injured or holding out for big money

Maybe he's not very good?

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just my opinion based on his interviews and things said around him, I think his personality stinks and if you're a club like Brentford you put up with it knowing that some big club will offer silly money eventually and then he's someone else's problem.

Southgate didn't want him in the England squad for the longest time and then he seems to have kept himself away from the other players and also kicked up a massive fuss about being subbed on late in a game during the Euros. 

His lack of remorse or accountability for gambling was frustrating to watch. 

Everything he projects suggests a lack of professionalism in his conduct. I'd have been gutted if we'd been linked to him. 

I think his non penalty numbers aren't good enough to pay big money especially at his age. Most teams already have a pen taker too so there's little upside. Brentford are built for him, not sure how good he would be at adapting to a different system. 

5 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It will kill the English game.

As with all things, the people who care will be the ones excluded. The ones who make it into the next level will be too relieved to scream.

Look at how the NBA worked with the ABA, the NFL with the AFL, etc: seriously, America corrupted these things long ago, before any of us were born. We built the accounting that is used for all of this. Our best hope is to be there when the last cut is made and the system closes into a loop.

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Just my opinion based on his interviews and things said around him, I think his personality stinks and if you're a club like Brentford you put up with it knowing that some big club will offer silly money eventually and then he's someone else's problem.

Southgate didn't want him in the England squad for the longest time and then he seems to have kept himself away from the other players and also kicked up a massive fuss about being subbed on late in a game during the Euros. 

His lack of remorse or accountability for gambling was frustrating to watch. 

Everything he projects suggests a lack of professionalism in his conduct. I'd have been gutted if we'd been linked to him. 

I think his non penalty numbers aren't good enough to pay big money especially at his age. Most teams already have a pen taker too so there's little upside. Brentford are built for him, not sure how good he would be at adapting to a different system. 

Brentford play better with Mbuemo and Wissa so to get out of this window with £40m is decent business 

A strange window for us, no doubt because of the financial rules. We sign 3 players and send them all out on loan. We buy back a player and then sell him on, and re-sign a player we sold last summer. We have added depth to the central midfield and brought in an exciting left back, but we haven't added options on the right side or up front. We had to let go two of our first teamers last season due to restrictive rules  which puts us at a massive disadvantage to our rivals. And Olsen is still our number two keeper. Buckle up and enjoy the ride.

37 minutes ago, switters said:

He surely was offered insane money. May just end up staying a year but he's prob got the kind of contract that means he never has to think about working again. 

Pretty sure he got that sort of deal when he left Peterborough. Any sane person can live comfortably without working on £1 million. The fact that these multimillionaires feel the need for a pay day contract in their early thirties is disgusting.

18 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Peacock, which is the streaming service for NBC who has Premier League broadcast rights, simulcasted Sky for the Deadline special.

America has a bunch of things wrong with it, but the price I pay to watch every Premier League game, all the European games, most Championship games... it is a steal. Truly, the opiate of the masses.

Same out here in Qatar with BEIN in fairness, pretty much get every game, every league and competition plus loads other other sports and special events for one relatively low fee compared to what it seems ppl pay in the UK for even one package.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, est1874 said:

PSR PSR PSR PSR PSR, the answer is **** PSR.

It will kill the English game. Nothing they've ever done has safeguarded clubs while also promoting competition at the top level, and nothing they've planned for next season and beyond will change that.

Nobody like Toney should ever be going to Saudi, but that's where we're at now. He's not considered an affordable proposition for prem clubs.

I think the threat is real. Let's hope reform takes place when enough people see the results, but it's the owners who have ultimately refused to reform the system. Meanwhile, when will Man City face justice? (Don't answer that! 😂)

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Just now, R.Bear said:

Going into a season with Champions League football with two recognised strikers is insane to me.

Tell that to Arsenal. They don't have any out and out strikers. Or Man City. They just have one.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â