Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

When did we last have a late deadline day signing with reporter outside BMH? Glad it's over now

Anyway, sod all this. Doubt we will do anything or much in Jan… CL could be over by then… this is our squad.

Forget about transfers, forgot about what could be, what could we have done…

I think…

just enjoy the season, sit back, relax and enjoy CL football - take it all in.

Faith in our wonderful manager and faith in the players we have… many of whom possess plenty of quality and ability. They deserve all of our support.

Enjoy it… the good times are finally here… nothing is permanent… but this is going to be fun for however long it lasts.

UTV 💜💙

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Wonder why you didn't post your views at the time explaining it. As the owners only said the rules were unfair is all. We managed to spend plenty of money after NS said that. 

Where was your analysis then? Can you find your quotes from the time. 

Thanks in advance 

"Aftertiming - When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event."

I don't care enough to go through this with you. 

I apologise and retract my comment. 

Well that is that then! It started "okay" then faded out to nothing really. Not exactly enthused by it I have to say, Most of the ones we brought in have gone straight back out again which kind of says it all. Only real signings of note Maatsen & Onana but we lost Diaby & Luiz so it's hardly a big window but I guess a few are due back....... eventually 😂

• Like 2

I assume January/winter window will be youth prospects that get loaned back to the club from whence they came.

Maybe a "Rogers" that shocks everyone and comes straight in. 

Hopefully we're not in a position where our light cover in defence is in need of reinforcements, and we've seen Mings and Bogarde prove themselves as more than reliable backups, and possibly even more. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, danceoftheshamen said:

Well that is that then! It started "okay" then faded out to nothing really. Not exactly enthused by it I have to say, Most of the ones we brought in have gone straight back out again which kind of says it all. Only real signings of note Maatsen & Onana but we lost Diaby & Luiz so it's hardly a big window but I guess a few are due back....... eventually 😂

Onana alone has added multiple dimensions we lacked previously. Both defensively and attacking.

Ramsey and Buendia are quality players we know about who basically never played last season so the like a new signing cliche is accurate.

Maatsen is a quality signing as is Ned 

JPB is caoaw of rolling in where Diaby left and multiple other positions.

I sometimes wonder if our windows would be perceived as better by our fans if we just announced them in the lead up to deadline day instead of doing them so early and organised.

• Like 2

Just now, MrBlack said:

I assume January/winter window will be youth prospects that get loaned back to the club from whence they came.

Maybe a "Rogers" that shocks everyone and comes straight in. 

Hopefully we're not in a position where our light cover in defence is in need of reinforcements, and we've seen Mings and Bogarde prove themselves as more than reliable backups, and possibly even more. 

Yup! The biggies are Mings & Kamara being due back before too long, honestly not that fussed about Buendia as for me he's never quite done what I expected/hoped he would, just that little bit too lightweight for me (or is that sizeist in todays wallflower society?). Thing is with Buendia for everything you gain you expose a weakness to the opposition, but that's just my opinion. I really hope he shoves the words straight back down my throat.

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Onana alone has added multiple dimensions we lacked previously. Both defensively and attacking.

Ramsey and Buendia are quality players we know about who basically never played last season so the like a new signing cliche is accurate.

Maatsen is a quality signing as is Ned 

JPB is caoaw of rolling in where Diaby left and multiple other positions.

I sometimes wonder if our windows would be perceived as better by our fans if we just announced them in the lead up to deadline day instead of doing them so early and organised.

I get all that JV although have never really been convinced by JPB personally. He has a few strengths yes but lacks the pace & goals Diaby offered. Different players of course & physically i'd actually put Buendia slightly ahead of Diaby which says something but hey ho.

Not totally negged out by the window just really think the main thing is the incoming returns of Mings & Kamara. Good call regards Ramsey though I'd forgotten him.

As for Onana & Maatsen v Luiz & Moreno... I guess we'll find out and I'm hoping it's enough to replace the lost goals & assists. 

Of course there's always Ross Barkley too I guess.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

@Zatman @BOF

I will keep banging this Irish drum...

Egan on a free for a year? Low wages and would happily just be around if needed. 

Acceptable enough on the ball.

Haha 

I like him as an Ireland fan but he would be a very desperate 5th choice. For his faults Lenglet is way superior for example

And before you ask no, Richard Keogh and Shane Duffy are past it 😛

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I find it bizarre that Ivan Toney ended up in Saudi for 40 mill.

No PL team or European team wanted him at the price? Very strange.

Unless he was offered a shit load of money.

I think the difference might be "one set of people are looking at the price while sober and one group are not."

Toney is valuable, as soon as you get a penalty or a free kick from the right side within 25 yards: JWP is better demonstrably and is off to Forrest on loan. Levels.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â