Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

My main fear would be Unai getting frustrated we didn't land his targets. That was main concern with Felix. 

We got the main targets - Onana and Maatsen. He wanted Barkley and Philogene back too.

Rogers was an Unai choice too, back in January.

At least twice in interviews, Unai has said “we have done what we wanted to do” or along those lines.

We no longer do panic signings or get desperate… we actually have a strategy, do our research and plan well these days. My assumption is that anything else was seen as a bonus and everyone involved knows where we stand with the rules.

I think Unai is relatively happy but he is also a realist…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Don't lose sight of the fact that we will have three more newcomers back in the ranks in the weeks ahead ...... Buendia, Mings and Kamara ...... not bad !

• Like 1

Right back aside, I think our squad is pretty much complete. It would have been really nice to get Geertruida but you never know, it could be the making of Nedeljkovic, especially with the favourable run of games we have coming up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Sooo hypothetically, if Nedeljkovic clashes his head in the 1st minute vs Leicester, what change does Emery make?

Probably move either Maatsen or Digne to the opposite side.  Not ideal but at the same time only Southgate would pick a squad with 5 RBs.

1 minute ago, villarule123 said:

Right back aside, I think our squad is pretty much complete. It would have been really nice to get Geertruida but you never know, it could be the making of Nedeljkovic, especially with the favourable run of games we have coming up.

I think Ned will be starting at RB soon enough. Cash is pretty decent cover in that case. I think we'll do ok with what we've got. 

Unai said he was very, very happy with the window. He’s obviously frustrated but he knows the job he needs to do. All we do can is keep improving as a squad and ensuring we continue to speak out against these bullcrap rules. 

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

I think Ned will be starting at RB soon enough. Cash is pretty decent cover in that case. I think we'll do ok with what we've got. 

Sooner than you think! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Sterling to Arsenal is a funny one. Someone needs to tell them he's not even good enough for the team they beat last week.

He's shit mate. Didn't you hear?

• Haha 1

Just now, Indigo said:

Sterling to Arsenal is a funny one. Someone needs to tell them he's not even good enough for the team they beat last week.

Less risky for them him staying in London but they've still got to get a tune out of him

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â