Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

25 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

We’ve signed Onana, Maartsen, Philogene and we have Ramsey, Buendia and Mings back from injury. Along with Rogers announcing himself. We definitely are stronger than last season.

May have been nice to get one more through the door but we are absolutely fine.

And we held on to Duran whose potential is limitless

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

And we held on to Duran whose potential is limitless

We also failed to sell Carlos and Dendoncker, and are very thin in defence.

Some good in this window, some not so good.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

Just now, Jas10 said:

Chalobah’s gone to Palace on loan.

Didn't want to leave London, he'll just sit tight at Palace until Maresca gets the tin tack then go back.....is it a 1 month loan 😀 

Just now, Dillon66 said:

Didn't want to leave London, he'll just sit tight at Palace until Maresca gets the tin tack then go back.....is it a 1 month loan 😀 

😆 that’s a funny thought… Maresca gets sacked, a new manager comes in and wants to select different players altogether!

Bomb Squad B team or reserves 😆

4 hours ago, Jas10 said:

I have high hopes for Mings, Buendia and Kamara.

JJ is already back with us and going to be a big help… I think many have forgotten just how good he is and has been for us. He will remind them…

Don’t think we will change system/formation though… even if Mings just takes the Lenglet role, that’s encouraging. He could partner Pau too, I don’t think two left footers is such a big deal either… there are plenty of CB partnership consisting of two right footers.

Ty will play in the centre, with Pau and Ezri playing either side.

Ty is an important ingredient, in our side…..and imo will cement his place when fit.

I have every confidence, his contribution, will be welcome and will go on to make us stronger moving forward.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Ty is an important ingredient, in our side…..and imo will cement his place when fit.

I have every confidence, his contribution, will be welcome and will go on to make us stronger moving forward.

That would be great, eventually, but I think it’s wise to temper expectations and not expect too much from him too soon… I don’t think we’ll stray from a back 4 (thankfully) either, Konsa would have to go back to RB in that case.

Today is Ty’s first appearance (only there for the start, not the full session) in training for 364 days after a horrific injury…

Needs to be eased back in, adjust, settle and get back in the groove…. and we see how his body holds up. No pressure, it’s just great to have him back involved in any capacity tbh, just his presence and personality is a help.

Very much a wait and see for now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

We also failed to sell Carlos and Dendoncker, and are very thin in defence.

Some good in this window, some not so good.

Thin in defence = first team and backup option in every position plus promising youngsters to supplement?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

With Cash and Carlos out tomorrow we are an injury/ban to any of Torres, Konsa or Nedeljkovic away from a major headache. 

Surely they have to get a right-sided defender in tonight? 

People realised it was a false hope we could sign anyone after Geertruida news yesterday. We failed to move on Carlos.

We don't have the financial space for anything. That was the moment our financial plight was a clear as day. 

Edited by CVByrne

Just now, Villarocker said:

With Cash and Carlos out tomorrow we are an injury/ban to any of Torres, Konsa or Nedeljkovic away from a major headache. 

Surely they have to get a right-sided defender in tonight? 

We're a few weeks away from one of the strongest right sides in the premier league too. But despite psr issues I'm sure the club think the best option is to panic buy whoever we can get our hands on with 4 hours to go. 

Hate to say it, but don't see us doing big things in the transfer market until the summer of 2026. That's when many of the Gerrard-era contracts expire including those of Coutinho, Donk, Carlos and Digne.   

4 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Thin in defence = first team and backup option in every position plus promising youngsters to supplement?

First team option in every position yes (unless we’d want Konsa at RB). No senior CB backup whatsoever, only promising ypungsters.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

"When fit" is the issue though, he's suffered a 12+ month injury and hasn't returned yet, there's still so much uncertainty what condition he will return in, players out that long nearly always get setbacks and he hasn't any preseason to warm up. Relying on him is a big risk IMO especially for the first half of the season

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That would be great, eventually, but I think it’s wise to temper expectations and not expect too much from him too soon… I don’t think we’ll stray from a back 4 (thankfully) either, Konsa would have to go back to RB in that case.

Today is Ty’s first appearance (only there for the start, not the full session) in training for 364 days after a horrific injury…

Needs to be eased back in, adjust, settle and get back in the groove…. and we see how his body holds up. No pressure, it’s just great to have him back involved in any capacity tbh, just his presence and personality is a help.

Very much a wait and see for now.

I don’t care what system we use, I just see Tyrone as a key component, in reducing last years stat of 61 goals conceded.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â